• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Splatoon Splatoon General Discussion (HYPE THREAD)

I know the feels. There's this one level which I'm stuck on. It's the level where the world is invisible and you have to shoot ink to reveal it. Anyways, it has an ink limit. Kind of annoying on a level where you have to shoot ink to SEE WHERE YOU'RE GOING. Anyway, I managed to make it to the end after about 5 attempts, and I got up to the electric fish. I started shooting the shield. AND I RAN OUT OF INK. I FAILED THE LEVEL BECAUSE I RAN OUT OF INK JUST BECAUSE I NEEDED TO SHOOT THE STUPID SHIELD. When you get to this level... If you pass.... Tell me your secret. This is literally the only level I can't pass. Even harder than beating dj octavio with a charger.

NO. Nope.
Sounds like the spawn of satan
I will scream playing that stage

I only have the squid cry

ALSO I JUST WON RAINMAKER AND I FEEL SO HAPPY
i was the one who got it to the tower thing go ME

when I first played rainmaker, I got the the object and made it to the tower however I didn't know that I had to actually stand on it so I touched the tower and I was like "there I touched it, why nothings happening...yeah we lost that round fml"...then again my team wins once every 5 battles. fun

- - - Post Merge - - -

NO. Nope.
Sounds like the spawn of satan
I will scream playing that stage

it's a very fun stage, have you tried playing it yourself?

If you want, I can do a twin squad with you and help you rank up. I won't lose or gain anything so it's good practice for when I go in solo.

when I first played rainmaker, I got the the object and made it to the tower however I didn't know that I had to actually stand on it so I touched the tower and I was like "there I touched it, why nothings happening...yeah we lost that round fml"...then again my team wins once every 5 battles. fun

- - - Post Merge - - -

No not yet I don't have my amiibos yet

- - - Post Merge - - -

i'm so sorry for you
the only reason I realised was cause I got to it and diedd LOL and then saw the distance thing wasnt at 0 so I figured it had to be at the top. related: I got to the tower in saltspray rig and fell off the side. bye
but then i got it back and did it ;)

Theres a really cheap tactic on saltspray rig where you get closer than the enemy team with the rainmaker and then hide it at the back of the map so they cant get it...

Oh wow that must be really horrible. But doesn't the rainmaker explode if you retreat too much or something? I swear I read that.

Even though I've gone down to B+ today, Rainmaker has been really fun! Saltspray Rig feels so different but is a ton of fun. I don't know if I like Blackbelly Skatepark with this mode though, it feels kinda broken lol.

Oh wow that must be really horrible. But doesn't the rainmaker explode if you retreat too much or something? I swear I read that.

Even though I've gone down to B+ today, Rainmaker has been really fun! Saltspray Rig feels so different but is a ton of fun. I don't know if I like Blackbelly Skatepark with this mode though, it feels kinda broken lol.

I've played it with Kelp Dome, Bluefin Depot, Blackbelly Scatepark and Camp Triggerfish maps
I found it most fun in Camp Triggerfish
Kelp Dome was alright
Bluefin Depot and Blackbelly Scatepark were disastrous, especially Blackbelly Scatepark. ugh

Last edited:

You have someone hold it for a minute on top of the crate stack whilst the other 3 defend off the other team. When it explodes the person dies and then respawns. As the rainmaker gets dropped you just swap the person holding it and the orignal holder super jumps back....

Damn, I guess I'll be avoiding playing Ranked squads when Rainmaker is active. I played a little on Arowana Mall/Camp Triggerfish then a lot of Saltspray Rig and a bit of Blackbelly Skatepark (for some reason I got lots more of rig). I probably wasn't experienced enough for the first two but they had a lot of different routes which was great. Saltspray Rig was fun because there was plenty of places to throw my splat bombs. :3

I was winning almost all the time on tower control and about 50/50 on splat zones but I can't buy a freaking win on rainmaker.

Loads of people are complaining that rainmaker is hard to iwn on and I dont get it ;u;

I've actually mostly won (and lost. cry) by knockouts today. I dunno if it's just me lol but that's what's been happening
best feel when you win in 30 seconds lols
had 2 today where it was a breeze and just went to the tower with no trouble :p

but yes blackbelly skatepark is awful with rainmaker wtf?? BECAUSE WHEN YOU DESTROY THE SHIELD AT THE TOP it kNOCKS YOU OFF?? i hate the whole map now bye

earlier i stopped the other team with 2 distance lol and managed to win by knockout at the last minute that was pree great

Back