• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Splatoon Splatoon General Discussion (HYPE THREAD)

He's probably talking about eShop with digital copies.

Nope, I don't buy digital if a physical copy is available (aside from VC games, for convenience of not having x amount of consoles set up). Whenever I've order online I rarely ever have it delivered to me for release day, which is why I usually go in store.

also, do you guys think they'll be selling the squid one separately at some point?

Yeah. Mario Party Mario amiibo was originally exclusive to the bundle as well in NA, and it was released standalone a month later.

Here's a protip for you guys: If you don't want to stay with the same people, you can leave that room and then reconnect, hoping you wouldn't fall with them again. Who knows you might end up playing one of the TBTers or any famous player for that matter.

In this generation and age, I noticed that a lot of people on the Internet seems to have taken voice chat support for many online games for granted and then complain that Splatoon doesn't have it. Yet the game itself is so fast-paced that trying to properly communicate your teammates feels like an exercise in futility, especially when a lot of things can happen at the same time.

Here's a protip for you guys: If you don't want to stay with the same people, you can leave that room and then reconnect, hoping you wouldn't fall with them again. Who knows you might end up playing one of the TBTers or any famous player for that matter.

In this generation and age, I noticed that a lot of people on the Internet seems to have taken voice chat support for many online games for granted and then complain that Splatoon doesn't have it. Yet the game itself is so fast-paced that trying to properly communicate your teammates feels like an exercise in futility, especially when a lot of things can happen at the same time.

I appreciate the fact that the game doesn't have voice chat. Only because its really just a muffled sound, but also because I don't what to have to deal with raging 8 year olds :p

I want to know how many people are actually annoyed that they can't discuss tactics etc. and how many people are actually complaining because they can't shout abuse at strangers.

Given that a majority of people only ever play with random people via matchmaking and from experience in those lobbies I've never heard somebody attempt to discuss teamwork, I'm guessing it's the latter group just looking for a reason to complain.

I don't have much experience with shooters. The only time I've ever voice chat for a game was for an MMO, and this was to run some longer dungeon-type things.

Based on what I've seen and heard, I don't think this game particularly needs it, but it would be sort of fun to have for friends. If I really need to talk to them while doing this, though, I'll just start a Skype call. No big deal. We did the same thing with MK8.

Who's gunna be playing the demo tomorrow? If yes, let me know what your username is incase I run into you! (Im azza) :D

Who's gunna be playing the demo tomorrow? If yes, let me know what your username is incase I run into you! (Im azza) :D

not me coz **** 8am but also im not too bothered that i dont get to play it because i dont really care a lot about it

Im playing even though it's gonnabe at 11pm but I'm SO HYPED!

My name will either be sogeking or luffy, probably sogeking cause hes king of the snipers.

Gdayum people I'm hyped

Im playing even though it's gonnabe at 11pm but I'm SO HYPED!

My name will either be sogeking or luffy, probably sogeking cause hes king of the snipers.

Gdayum people I'm hyped
I know I seriously cannot wait for this. I have the day off school on that day, so hopefully I will be level 10 by the end of release day XD Everyone says the snipers are really bad but im not too bad with them ;)

Also team chat would be nice like when you're waiting like in smash bros but other than that I give no ****es

- - - Post Merge - - -

I know I seriously cannot wait for this. I have the day off school on that day, so hopefully I will be level 10 by the end of release day XD Everyone says the snipers are really bad but im not too bad with them ;)

Hehe, I've got half term this next week so I've got the whole week off. I will get the game as soon as shops open and then binge play.

Can't wait for the demo tonight! I'm going to try and get more used to the splattershot/jr so that I'm decent when it comes to the single player campaign so that I can play the amiibo missions quicker. Though I may spend the first day getting to level 10 on multiplayer.

Anyway, for those on the lookout for fellow TBT players tonight, I'm going to be called Miku. I hope I run into one of you guys!

Imma probably end up with the roller again but I'm gonna try and snipe people from high up. Also wanna try and get used to the splattershot.

Im probably going to be using the charger and the splattershot jr, I really dislike the lack of range on the roller :/ when the game comes out, the weapon im going to use is the aerospray MG, only because the sub weapon is the seeker XD

Back