• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Splatoon Splatoon General Discussion (HYPE THREAD)

r/amiibo also said Robin and Lucina would be uncommon last month. And guess who sold out first everywhere.
But I don't feel like these should be too hard to find, except for the 3 pack.

I am sad that my Ness amiibo has a bit of the red colour artwork peeling off in the top right corner... It just arrived like that...
I wish I would have had all eight of my Wave 4 amiibo come in pristine condition... But only seven of them came perfectly...

The amiibo that arrived perfectly were Pac-Man, Lucina, Robin, Wario x2 and Charizard x2

Last edited:
I am sad that my Ness amiibo has a bit of the red colour artwork peeling off in the top right corner... It just arrived like that...
I wish I would have had all eight of my Wave 4 amiibo come in pristine condition... But only seven of them came perfectly...

The amiibo that arrived perfectly were Pac-Man, Lucina, Robin, Wario x2 and Charizard x2

This is the Splatoon thread you know....

If the Splatoon Amiibo aren't too rare I'll buy them if they can be used on anything for 3DS XD

Last edited:
If the Splatoon Amiibo aren't too rare I'll buy them if they can be used on anything for 3DS XD

Seems like they're going to be pretty common. I've been keeping up with the amount of restocks stores are getting for them and it's been a lot more than what some of the smash amiibos have been getting. So it looks like a lot of people will have a chance to get them, and hopefully discourage scalpers buying loads of them since them being so common won't make them "worth" anything in terms of rarity.

All things considered though I've been counting down the days till the game comes out. Gonna pick it up on release day and hopefully get some people playing.

In Canada there's many sites that have lots of them. Walmart and Bestbuy have a lot. They are still sold out of the three pack, but they have the singular boy and girl people Amiibo. May consider picking them up.....

*desicions*

In Canada there's many sites that have lots of them. Walmart and Bestbuy have a lot. They are still sold out of the three pack, but they have the singular boy and girl people Amiibo. May consider picking them up.....

*desicions*

I checked a little bit ago and Bestbuy.ca has some three packs still in stock. But that was about half an hour ago, though I wouldn't be surprised to see more pop up soon if they do go out. It's taking a little longer for the US to get restocks but they're still happening.

I'm not sure how the online is going to work(assuming it's like Mario Kart) but if anyone wants to play with me on release day be sure to add my NNID on your Wii U!

I would be more excited but Im having internet issues :'( Im still going to get it though but hopefully it will be fixed by then ^^

Does anyone know if the Splatoon amiibo are retailer exclusive in America?

I am REALLY REALLY REALLY hyped for Splatoon now that GAME have announced an extra little bonus item with all editions of the game in the UK.
http://wiiudaily.com/2015/05/splatoon-pre-orders-free-hat/

The standard edition of the game has also been discounted from ?44.99 down to ?32.99.
Trust me... If you know GAME as well as I do... A ?12.00 reduction is EXTREMELY rare from GAME...
Grab your copies RIGHT HERE before they sell out completely...

That means I will effectively get a copy of Splatoon, Squid amiibo, Inkling Boy amiibo, Inkling Girl amiibo and a Splatoon hat because I pre-ordered this edition of the game.
I suppose all of that kinda justifies the ?59.99 price tag.

I also pre-ordered the two Inkling character amiibo seperately and a seperate edition of the game which allows me to receive a second Squid amiibo.

I think I am fully set up and ready for Splatoon...

Last edited:

I am REALLY REALLY REALLY hyped for Splatoon now that GAME have announced an extra little bonus item with all editions of the game in the UK.
http://wiiudaily.com/2015/05/splatoon-pre-orders-free-hat/

The standard edition of the game has also been discounted from ?44.99 down to ?32.99.
Trust me... If you know GAME as well as I do... A ?12.00 reduction is EXTREMELY rare from GAME...

Glad I pre-ordered from Nintendo for a T-shirt...I hate hats.

But the fact that game has had a price drop? The guy usually in charge of that must have had a stroke or something. I'm surprised they didn't increase the price for the hat.

If GAME are price dropping things, we must be close to the end of days.

Lol, Splatoon looks terrible. No wonder they reduced it

*burns hype train and all tickets*

Lol, Splatoon looks terrible. No wonder they reduced it

*burns hype train and all tickets*

Splatoon is supposed to be a cheaper game anyway. GAME just try to charge full price (and more) on literally anything.

Amiibo are about ?15+ when they should be ?10.
Captain Toad was ?50 when it should have been around ?25-30
I don't know how long it's been out, but there's no way they should still be charging ?55 for Mario 3D World.

Quality really doesn't have much to do with their prices.

Splatoon is supposed to be a cheaper game anyway. GAME just try to charge full price (and more) on literally anything.

Amiibo are about ?15+ when they should be ?10.
Captain Toad was ?50 when it should have been around ?25-30
I don't know how long it's been out, but there's no way they should still be charging ?55 for Mario 3D World.

Quality really doesn't have much to do with their prices.
http://www.game.co.uk/en/super-mario-3d-world-206878?pageSize=40&searchTerm=3d world&catGroupId=
Is your eyesight ok?

ShopTo.net make GAME look reasonable on prices.
Look... http://www.shopto.net/search/?platform=&newsearch=amiibo ?19.85 EACH...

That's just awful...?20 for Mario?

But why is Charizard ?16? I thought he would have been a rarer one?

- - - Post Merge - - -

Actually, I'm short sighted and wear glasses. Check your privileges and whatever else people say.

Well it's ?55 in the stores themselves, at least the two stores I know of/go in.

Aside from that, it was released in 2013. Drop the friggin' price already!

Last edited:
Back