Splatoon Splatoon General Discussion (HYPE THREAD)

I am going to get this game at launch and unlike my other games, I am going to actually be able to open this game. I do not open video games if I buy one copy.

Sorry for asking, but what's the point of buying a game if you're not going to play it? I know you're into collecting and all, but isn't it a waste of money to leave a game unopened?

Sorry for asking, but what's the point of buying a game if you're not going to play it? I know you're into collecting and all, but isn't it a waste of money to leave a game unopened?
Not if it could be a valuable collectors item at some point if I did not open it. ;)

I suppose it is a slight waste... I still have Mario Party 10 sitting in my room since March 20th... That is two months tomorrow.

A new Iwata Asks about Splatoon is now available for viewing. Interestingly, Tofus are at some point the playable characters for the alpha version of Splatoon. They then switched to the white bunny characters, then considered Mario characters and went for the anthropomorphic squid form. All of that occurred before humanoid squids are chosen as the final character design.

Source: http://iwataasks.nintendo.com/interviews/#/wiiu/splatoon/0/0

A new Iwata Asks about Splatoon is now available for viewing. Interestingly, Tofus are at some point the playable characters for the alpha version of Splatoon. They then switched to the white bunny characters, then considered Mario characters and went for the anthropomorphic squid form. All of that occurred before humanoid squids are chosen as the final character design.

That is really interesting. Thanks! ^.^ I'm kinda glad they went for squid kids they're are such a neat new original idea.

Hahahahahah, tofu would NOT have worked!!! XD

I kind of want a nosed tofu amiibo now.
That was really interesting to read though. Armanos idea of human like humans. :p

wait

they're gonna be selling the 3 pack in stores when the game comes out right?? i just want to get the squid amiibo, since its only in the 3 pack

also, do you guys think they'll be selling the squid one separately at some point?

wait

they're gonna be selling the 3 pack in stores when the game comes out right?? i just want to get the squid amiibo, since its only in the 3 pack

also, do you guys think they'll be selling the squid one separately at some point?

As far as I've seen stores should have the 3-pack in store, but I'd be quick to act as I have a feeling that they will sell out quick. As for the squid Amiibo being sold on its own I kinda doubt it as the 3-pack in a money making method for Nintnedo. I should just give Nintendo all my savings now like seriously.

I doubt it. Looks like they're trying to push it as some sort of 'incentive' to purchase x bundle.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Two more days until the Splatoon demo. I'm hoping it's as good as people have been saying.

7 days till release :D

Hopefully it's delivered on release day rather than a day or two later...Online shops practically never get stuff to me on release day...

i'm now pretty excited for this game, but it's too bad i cannot afford it. >_<

I can't blame you $70 is pretty steep. :/ I'm just lucky I have some savings that I could consider spending on Splatoon but I don't really know if I will at this point...

Where do you shop?!!! Wow... o_O

He's probably talking about eShop with digital copies.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I can't blame you $70 is pretty steep. :/ I'm just lucky I have some savings that I could consider spending on Splatoon but I don't really know if I will at this point...

It's $60 here (+tax). I think the game should be $50 at the most in my opinion.

Last edited:
Back