• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

If you ever suffered STEALING! (read from post 88)

I had someone come in and steal some of my flowers... I sort of didn't care tho because I'm an expert at growing hybrids.

not yet and hopefully not ever! everyone i've traded with on here have been really great :)

Ahh too bad ;;
I've personally never got stolen from and I usually prefer people to come to my town because I don't have to pick stuff up etc

Katattacc, it's not so much the value of the stolen items, but the fact that someone played badly on you when you expected everyone to just have fun :( Or maybe that's the way a thief has fun, I guess?

I can't believe someone would do that!!! I haven't connected with anyone on here yet, but now i know i need to be cautious about that! I just don't get why people would take something they know is not theirs!

I haven't had it happen to me before, but I know of people that it's happened to (not on this site btw).
One of my friends had befriended someone who had become close to her only to steal all of her hybrid flowers. Literally all of them.
It's so horrible to hear these stories, I hope you guys could at least some stuff back :/

i've been stolen from a few times. no one on here though
only a few hybrids have been stolen, i didn't care that much
i used to be laid back & let people roam around but i still checked if i had everything. turns out a lot of people try to steal

Last edited:
OMGFGOD It's just happen to me someone, came in my town and grab my golden slinG! We have a blacklist? Couse I know the FC! I hate this! :(

I hate to say it, but if the visitors are acting childish and like they're nine or so, I've noticed they attempt or do steal more often than other players.

Once, someone tried to steal my Pink Flowers...?
Thankfully, I decided to hit the Wireless Switch. :p
Don't want to tell who tho...

In my old town i had all of my gold roses taken and 3 of my jacobs ladder and they would run all over the place i can't remember their name tho.

I haven't had any of that happen to me yet. I usually go to people's towns for trading. Sorry that happened, though!

This is not stealing but made me very paranoid;
On club tortimer, I became friends with a person my age who had recently reseted. We'll cal him; Nick. We visited each other's towns and back then I did not have a path so I didn't sare if people ran or not. We bffed each other so we could chat. Often we would want to visit my town but I'd be busy so I'd decline and his response was always ":["

Today:
I was waiting for a shopkeeper to pay me a visit and deliver 2 pictures.
My gate had been open for 5 minutes and then it said someone was coming.
"I swear to god if it's Nick..."
It was Nick.
Yaaaaaaaay.

Him: :D
Me: ...
Him: Huh?
Me: Why are you here?
Him: I wanted to visit you! (Or somthing, can't remember exactly)
*he starts running off on my path mind you, put dangerously close to my purple roses*
Luckly the shopowner then comes in
Him: hi
Shopkeeper: Hello! :D
Me: Hey there!
Me: Nick come
Him: ok
*Shopowner is seen dropping the pics as I run and pick them up in fear that Nick'll think it's a gift of one for him and one for me*
Shopkeeper: Goodbye!
Him: bye
Me: Bye!
*I then end the session so it sends her home and Nick also goes home*

The following is the Bff messages:

Him: :[ (Post merge) why'd u end
Me: You came in uninvited
Him: sorry :[
Me: I was waiting for that girl, I bought 2 items from her, it was a delivery.
Him: okay. can i come over now?
(I was getting the vibe that he did not care about barging in unanounnced)
Me: You also ran off.
*I then went and deleted him off my friends list and bff list, but he left me with a final message:

Nick: u know wouldnt greif u

wow. I did not know that, actually. I'm glad to be rid of him. He was kind of a nusance.

Last edited:
I've never been stolen from...yet. I never leave items laying around and I don't really care if people steal my fruit, because I already have enough of it. But I've recently obtained some blue roses, golden roses, Jacob's ladders and a famous mushroom. I keep them right by my house and if I were to see one missing, I would just hit wifi. It's really terrible that people would steal from other people for their own benefit! :mad: I've had one visitor come over and she would always ask before she took something. 99% of the time, I would say yes and let them have it for free! If you just ask, you can still get what you want without really angering someone. :lemon:

I vented about this in a post not too long ago...

I HATE when people disrespect your village and the things in it. I am always VERY cautious about who I let in, and because (before we got her her own cartridge) I shared my main village, CRIBBET, with my 7yo daughter. Now...my daughter always abided by the things I asked (IE: No running, no going into my villagers home and taking stuff, selling her stuff, moving her stuff around, etc) and when she discovered the whole amazing experience of having others in your town, unbeknownst to me she was having her 2 cousins (whom are nice and all, theyre 9 and 6..but they don't play ACNL like she and I do...and theyre towns ((even tho they've had thm for well over a year..were BARON cause they DONT PLAY)) and they don't listen...like even when they come to our REAL home IRL, and are asked not to touch something...they do. ALWAYS.) come over into our village as well as allowing random "friends" shed meet on the island (playing as my MAYOR). She tell them the "rules" and her being the sweet lil girl she is, especially when it came to her cousins, she thought theyd respect our wishes.
Well....lemme just say...ALL my perfect fruit tr s were robbed and chopped, ALL my hybrids were trampled, things were stolen, and things were taken from my home!!! I was FURIOUS, and she was SO HORRIFIED. she cried for over an hour, apologizing profusely and I felt so bad...she just couldn't like understand WHY this was done. I had to explain to her that not everyone loves and respects the game like we do....and when I said her cousins couldn't come to the village anymore she got a lil upset..but I explained it as :Imagine if youd painted a picture...and you painted it a lil bit everyday for over a year...and then I let Aunt Dana (my sister) come over and paint all over your painting...that would upset you no?" and I think that analogy made her understand better...and they haven't come back since.

Also I had an incident where I had made the mistake of going to the Southern Islands and selecting "world wide".....and I met these german kids...and they said they were 28...and I was like "Ok" I don't allow actual KIDS into my village because lets be honest they just don't play like WE DO (and when I say kids I mean anyone like 15 and under...)
anyways, the 3 of us toured for like an hour...and they spoke some English and it was nice. one of them asked me if I had Gracie Grace and I did so I agreed to let them come and use it. (It NEVER OCCURRED TO ME TO CHARGE THEM!!) they said theyd give me 1mil bells so I'm like "omg ok yea!" and so I have them come to CRIBBET....

To this day it makes me so mad. They came in and went ballistic. I feel like theyd planned it. One kept me busy and the other ran around stealing, ruining ALL MY FLOWERS, chopping down ALL MY TREES, and planted a ton of pitfalls. The one wreaking havoc said something in German and it mustve been like a code word of sorts cause suddenly they both left..and because the whole time I had been in Main Street I had NO IDEA what had happened and when I saw it I was so upset. I felt like SUCH A MORON....and didn't let ANYONE into my village for MONTHS....

Yes, A LOTTA PEOPLE say "oh its just a game" and all of that...call me pathetic, a loser, or whatever but for ME...MY village is my escape...MY sanctuary. And I guess some people just don't care or understand that...and so they do mean stuff. Also I think that some of the people that behave that way are the same type of people who come to te Islands to bell beg, or try and extort people for bells...and most liklely theyre KIDS...like LITTLE Kids, and don't have the type of love,time, and devotion put into the game that we have and do.

I haven't been stolen from. The only people that really visit my town are my sister and brother, or users from TBT who're dropping off deliveries, so for the most part nobody leaves from the front of the train station for those things so i've never had anyone wander off and steal or anything like that. Most users on TBT are trustworthy anyway, so I doubt i'd have anything taken from them if I were to have something stolen. I guess it's kind of a good thing that I enjoy playing ACNL alone the most or in other peoples towns, because I never get these experiences but it must really suck for those that do.

I've been stolen from, I was giving away flowers and someone took a lot of hybrids around my fountain.

I've never had anything stolen but I don't open my gates and just let anyone in. When I do let people in I either trust them or I'll keep an eye on them. If I don't see someone for over a minute and they aren't talking to me I'll usually shut the communications down.

Even though I still don't let people into my town all willy nilly, I would feel comfortable doing so. The hybrids I have around my town aren't special to me and I keep all my rare items in the museum, in my storage, or in one of my houses.

Plus, I'm thinking of changing the landscaping anyway, so if someone comes and cuts down all my trees and digs up all my bushes it's just less work for me.

Back