• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

New house name question!

honeysips

Bells
Mailbox
Cake
Yellow Candy
I'm going to make a new themed house that's a super secret but the name I was going to give the character (shop name) was too long so now I have to rethink it
the character I plan to run it though was going to look like a friend so now i'm wondering if I should name the character after them or maybe their nickname
What do you guys think about that?
I personally like when a town has the buildings labelled as what they are (hotel character named hotel, etc.)
but now i'm starting to question it because I'm really stuck on choosing!
Do you prefer when it's named after what it is or when it's just a character with a themed house? (ex. Suzy with a hospital themed house)​

You could try to find a name you like that has a meaning that relates to what you want the house to be themed as! For example, an observatory might have a character called Stella or Astrophel :)

Also, Suzie could say something about the hotel.Example.....When dream visitors talk to her she could say something like " welcome to Hotel *******". You could still put up a Hotel sign inside or outside of the house.

Also, Suzie could say something about the hotel.Example.....When dream visitors talk to her she could say something like " welcome to Hotel *******". You could still put up a Hotel sign inside or outside of the house.

^this. This is what I'm doing atm, I have a concierge type character who says "Welcome to Konpeito Inn"
much better than making up a character straight up called "Inn" imo lol

Another option would be to use a title. For example, if it was a shop, have the character be called 'Manager'?
Just an idea! :p

When I'm visiting, I prefer when the name and the theme are connected - it shows a real commitment! But imagine you want to change the theme - you'd have to demolish the entire house? I just couldn't do it myself. I'd choose a name meaningful to you and have them talk about the theme.

Back