• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Camping reset

kwark

Bells
Can you use the reset trick to get different villagers in the campsite on the same day? Or is going to be the same villager for that day?

It's a different villager each time, if you're talking about the reset method that is similar to plot resetting. Be careful, though; you'll probably be stuck doing it for a long while before you get the villager you're looking for (assuming you're searching for a specific villager. If not, you'll have better odds).

You will get different campers, but there won't be a tent each time you reset. So don't panic - reset and the tent may be there next time:)

I was to going open a new save file today, but accidently pressed Continue and then Back. I reset like 10 times and there was no camper.
Then I traveled to the next day, I got two campers, but I pressed Continue again and then Back. No campers since then.

Last edited:
I don't think clicking Continue matters too much, it's only when you prepare your town that things get set in stone. I've read that some days have better odds than others for getting a camper, so you might want to find a good day to find a nice camper.

Last edited:
I don't think clicking Continue matters too much, it's only when you prepare your town that things get set in stone. I've read that some days have better odds than others for getting a camper, so you might want to find a good day to find a nice camper.

I do know the tents on the plaza are set in stone. No matter how many times you reset.

I've been trying for hours and I can't seem to get a camper on the next day. I had two campers and then it stopped.

Last edited:
I do know the tents on the plaza are set in stone. No matter how many times you reset.

I've been trying for hours and I can't seem to get a camper on the next day. I had two campers and then it stopped.
I have no personal experience with this so I can't say for certain whether this is true or not, but I've heard that simply clicking your file will set things in stone for that day, even if you didn't get to the part where Isabelle says she's loading your town. So if you're unlucky, you're not getting any new campers because your file has already loaded.

I thought kwark just hit Continue, and then backed out of it without selecting any character. I've done that a couple times while plot resetting and it didn't mess anything up. Didn't go all the way into my account, but I can't imagine just hitting Continue in itself causing issues.

I thought kwark just hit Continue, and then backed out of it without selecting any character. I've done that a couple times while plot resetting and it didn't mess anything up. Didn't go all the way into my account, but I can't imagine just hitting Continue in itself causing issues.
Ah, you're right, I misread. If they didn't even click their file then that can't be the problem.

If that's the case though, then it sounds like the OP just has terrible luck. I know it can take a while for a camper to show up, but hours? That sucks.

the only time you can get campers every reset is to do it on the day AFTER the campsite was completed. there will always be a camper there on that day.

So now I have my camper moving in. What will happen if I travel back to the present day? Will the villager still move in or do I have to make sure their house is built, first?

Last edited:
So now I have my camper moving in. What will happen if I travel back to the present day? Will the villager still move in or do I have to make sure their house is built, first?

As long as you saved the file the camper was on, I believe you are good to go. But I'm so risk averse I would just wait - and I never TT forward unless I have just denied a ping to move out so I won't lose anyone unexpectedly. By the way, who's moving in???

Because the last time I TT'd was on a evening and TT'd forward a few hours forward after midnight, at least I thought. I forgot to change the date and went back before 6PM that same date. What happened was that the whole town reset. The camper I had on that day was gone, the items in the store changed, etc. I wasn't happy.

By the way I got Molly.

Last edited:
Congrats on Molly!! Oh, I hate when I change the hour and not the date. When I was cycling I would even change the date and not the month. That was always really shocking! I didn't realize you were only a day off. That sounds pretty safe:)

Back