quick way to get old villagers back

kwark

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
What is the quickest way to get old villagers back? I let go of one villager I did not want to go, but had to because I wanted another villager. I thought back then you got only have 9 villagers living in your town, later I found out you could have 10 max.

I understand you need at least 16 villagers to move out first.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997811-animal-crossing-new-leaf/66933880
here, try reading this. hopefully it helps!
when i used to do the whole "cycle 16" stuff, i'd just let my town have three random villagers and let them move, then repeat that.
that way, i can still play my game and also have villagers move. it makes me feel more comfortable that way so i don't lose other villagers that i want in the process, and can play my game without feeling stressed about time traveling.

2 forward 2 back has proven very risky for some people. I think that you should try the 2y5d method, albeit that's a giant guaranteed random so you'll need either a second town or some holders.

2 forward 2 back has proven very risky for some people. I think that you should try the 2y5d method, albeit that's a giant guaranteed random so you'll need either a second town or some holders.

2 days forward and 2 days back? and 2 years and 5 days?

Last edited:

The 2Y5d method - read the entire 1st post from this awesome thread here:
http://www.belltreeforums.com/showthread.php?152911-Foolproof-Cycling-Method
I've been using the "simplified' version for my 2 cycling towns without fail.
Hope it will help you too.

OR

ETA: (from TBT here) Foolproof guide to move villagers out:
http://www.belltreeforums.com/showthread.php?82107-Guide-Fool-Proof-Guide-to-Moving-Villagers-OUT
&
this one, if there are some villagers you really want to keep:
http://bamdom.tumblr.com/post/57682343411/alternatively-titled-how-to-get-your-dream

Last edited:
How many villagers are you trying to keep? The more you are willing to cycle through, the faster you'll get through 16. You need at least 2 spots to cycle, because it's so hard to budge the last villager in. I'd recommend you have at least 3 spots or it will take forever. You should always have 10 villagers, because I think villagers ping much more frequently to move out when you have 10. So invite them from the campsite, or ask some cyclers if you can adopt their unwanted villagers to cycle through.

People are recommending the foolproof cycling method to you (this is the 2 year 5 day method), but even though I love it for cycling I'd be terrified to use it in a town with villagers I want to keep. If you are willing to let everyone go, however, it will let you cycle 16 in less than a day. There are modifications for people who want to keep some villagers, and I think this must be what Maruchan is referring too.

How many villagers are you trying to keep? The more you are willing to cycle through, the faster you'll get through 16. You need at least 2 spots to cycle, because it's so hard to budge the last villager in. I'd recommend you have at least 3 spots or it will take forever. You should always have 10 villagers, because I think villagers ping much more frequently to move out when you have 10. So invite them from the campsite, or ask some cyclers if you can adopt their unwanted villagers to cycle through.

People are recommending the foolproof cycling method to you (this is the 2 year 5 day method), but even though I love it for cycling I'd be terrified to use it in a town with villagers I want to keep. If you are willing to let everyone go, however, it will let you cycle 16 in less than a day. There are modifications for people who want to keep some villagers, and I think this must be what Maruchan is referring too.

I plan to keep at least 8 villagers.

I plan to keep at least 8 villagers.

If you are planning to keep 8 villagers, then cycling is going to take quite awhile. I've only cycled 2 or 3 out this way, and it was really stressful for me. I think I'd follow pwincess' advice to just play the game and let those two be cycle spots. And if you keep 9 villagers, I don't think you'll be able to cycle at all. There are just too many threads here about not being able to move the newest villager out. It happens, but 16 times in a row will take forever. If I lost my Savannah, I've already decided to let 2 others go immediately, even though I do want them. I'd be able to cycle so much faster, and as soon as I got through 16 for her it would be time to move them in again too. (Actually, I'd probably go wild and cycle off the whole town to get her back, but I am slightly crazy about her.)

I do wish you luck!!

Back