UPDATE: [as of 01/11/2014]
Not that I've tried or wanted to try but has anyone caught:

A) Tarantula
B) Scorpion
C) Bees
D) Sea Bass ಥ◡ಥ
E) Coelacanth

Last edited:
Ive caught tarantula bees and sea bass obviously but need a scorpion. I was attacked by one tho

5 Tarantulas.
16 Scorpions.
12 Bees.
1294832759840752894572839 Sea Bass.
(This is a combination of 3 different towns, lol)

Caught all of those multiple times (except the bees, only bothered once for the museum and my bug list).

I'm surprised people have trouble with the bees? In this game they've been slowed way down and they don't even move when you open your inventory to get out your net.
In Wild World they swarmed way faster than you could run and if you stopped to open your inventory they were in your face in like a second. It was horrible -.-

The only one I haven't been able to catch on that list is the stupid scorpion. Every time I saw one I didn't have my net with me to catch it :mad:

Caught all but tried to avoid being out at night after that. Scared the heck out of me. For the scorpion it helps to have your sound up.

I've caught all but the scorpion. I did catch it in my other town, but that was pure luck...so it doesn't count XD

Trust me, this makes sense :D

I've caught all. The scorpion was the hardest for me, the first time I caught it was by pure luck. I swung down to catch an emperor butterfly and caught a scorpion instead. I was really surprised since I didnt even see it in the fields of purple and pink flowers lol. Tarantulas and scorpions are so scary, I hate the fact that they are so fast and attack so suddenly. Bees are easy to catch unless it's an unlucky day like today for me, so much tripping! Ugh!

I did get the scorpion and tarantula, but first I heard that it would be easier if I took down all the trees and moved out all the flowers. I decided I'd do that over in my cycle town - and then found out you can only catch them at home! So then I cleared out half my main town and managed to catch them after numerous near death experiences. I'm so clumsy with that net! Headphones helped a lot too.

I've gotten better with bees - I actually have more trouble with honeybees, lol. And sea bass? Oh my....

I've been dwelling the 30th and 31st of August for a week now. Kept setting time back.

In total I've seen about 9 spiders, of which 6 bit me. I cut down all trees in a quarter of my town, and made sure there was only grass and dirt visible. I trapped villagers with holes. Spiders and scorpions spawned there but it was a hell to capture them. Eventually it worked.

Last edited:
bees are super easy to catch, i dont get why everybody whines about being stung. ive never even SEEN a scorpion or tarantula.

I walked two feet from my house and the scorpion went HI-YAAAAAAAAH and stabbed me. Now I sleep with one eye open.

I've never caught a tarantula or scorpion but the other day my friend got to experience being attacked by a tarantula for the first time. B)))

Ooh, the elusive sea bass! I have every fish in my encyclopaedia except that one fish.

One day, sea bass. One day...

Yes, I'm joking.

Oh! Is it all right if I ask about coelacanths? c: I caught my first one yesterday! I thought it was a massive sea bass, and wanted to catch it to show it off to my friend, lol. Imagine my surprise! Have you guys here caught many coelacanths?

Oooh, caught all except the scorpion.

The tarantula really scared me when I first spotted it. ;0; A black, orange, and furry little creature crawling around. It's terrifying!

I've had my butt handed to me by a scorpion and a tarantula, but I've caught countless bees and sea basses. Though I doubt you'll find anyone who is having a hard time finding a sea bass, of all things.

I've caught all of them. Actually, between Bees, Tarantulas, and Scorpions, the Bees are the only ones I've ever had any real trouble catching, but now I find them pretty easy to catch. The biggest problem I have with tarantulas and scorpions are getting them to appear in the first place.

Back