• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Worst/Saddest Halloween?

I never had a bad experience on Halloween...

Though it was canceled 2 years ago, thanks to Hurricane Sandy.

in 5th grade i lost my shoe while sitting on the back of a pickup truck and i thought it would be okay to jump and grab it because we were going pretty slow.. i broke my ankle

The year I had chicken pox I asked one of my sisters to take a bag and collect candy for me. She came back empty handed and said that none of the neighbours believed her.

Told me years later that she had lied and kept all the candy herself. :(

Like when I was really little and I was in the garden and I saw the masks, I think...
kinda ran back inside and hid I don't even know anymore //dies in shame//

Most likely the one a few years ago when it was around 8pm and I was out with my friends (not really trick or treating or anything ~ just hanging out), and I got a call from my older sister. She asked me if I was in the house because she could hear noises coming from downstairs, and my parents were out. In the end I had to spend an hour walking home in the dark to see if everything was okay. We never found out what the noises were, but I wasn't prepared to spend an hour walking back out.

It's the worst I can come up with, haha. I don't usually do much on Halloween because I think it's a pointless holiday.

probably this one, as all my friends have tickets to go out tonight and i don't, so I'm gonna stay home and study

Halloween isn't really celebrated that much here anyway in England, but I stayed at home in my unicorn onesie playing Costume Quest, which wasn't so bad. I guess I'm too old to trick or treat now, and I don't have any friends so I don't get invited to parties. It doesn't bother me that much anyway. I guess I can look forward to the inevitable future when I have my own house meaning I can decorate the house with Halloween decorations and dress up and throw a party if I want to. Besides, I much prefer Christmas anyway (although I know this year it's gonna be pretty crap so I shouldn't get my hopes up to be honest). So yeah, I don't think I've ever had a bad Halloween.

Saddest (for me): 6th grade, the day I realized how much I hated Halloween. Ever since then, I never go out on Halloween and I stay home and do nothing.

I've never really thought of Halloween to be any different to any other day so I can't really remember.

Back