• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

TBT Shop Proposal/Suggestion

At the risk of being flamed, I will also throw another idea out there. (And again, this is a thought exercise, it's not fully formed but might make for an interesting discussion).

Make everything stocked, all the time, in unlimited amounts. But, make "rare" collectibles super expensive.

So for example, make the yellow letter like 5,000 TBT. It just occurred to me as I type this that that might kill the marketplace. Hmm...

But, we can still have trading because things like eggs and candies are available only a limited amount of days out of the entire year. And of course, feathers.

Just throwing it out there. For discussion. :)

I was thinking of this too a while back, the shop should sell the rare collectibles for like 1K, 5K, 10K, 15K+ and prohibit the exchanging of ACNL bells for forum bells

that would keep it rare but at least still obtainable
and it would encourage people to post more on the forums rather than just trading ACNL bells.

200% YES to both. That would bring upon a major overhaul to the current trading 'environment'.
(the bells conversion could still be arranged privately though, just like any other trades, I suppose)

I feel like forum bells should only be used for forum things...

it should mirror the re-tail thread where people buy ACNL items, villagers but for forum bells (as well as collectibles and add-ons) not nintendo codes, steam games, other games, demo codes, other game currency, HOMEWORK (tsk tsk)

its because the forum bells have been used for a wide variety of things thats NOT pertaining to anything TBT is why i think the exchange rate went bonkers.

Last edited:
I feel like forum bells should only be used for forum things...

it should mirror the re-tail thread where people buy ACNL items, villagers but for forum bells (as well as collectibles and add-ons) not nintendo codes, steam games, other games, demo codes, other game currency, HOMEWORK (tsk tsk)

its because the forum bells have been used for a wide variety of things thats NOT pertaining to anything TBT is why i think the exchange rate went bonkers.

Yes, if I recall correctly, the conversion rate went nuts (upwards) when Pokemon came out and when game codes started trading. Before that there really wasn't even that much TBT/ingame trading at all. Like maybe 2-3 users were actively doing that.

Yes, if I recall correctly, the conversion rate went nuts (upwards) when Pokemon came out and when game codes started trading. Before that there really wasn't even that much TBT/ingame trading at all. Like maybe 2-3 users were actively doing that.

Yep.. thats why i think they should prohibit these types of trades~
it would decrease the exchange rate by SO much

The TBT Marketplace sure has changed since I joined. I don't mind the idea of higher prices for collectibles but I'd never get anything. The exchange rate for IGB and TBT Bells would skyrocket.

The TBT Marketplace sure has changed since I joined. I don't mind the idea of higher prices for collectibles but I'd never get anything. The exchange rate for IGB and TBT Bells would skyrocket.

It's already 8mil+ for 100 forum bells

MODS/ADMINS! Have you ever thought of not only prohibited giftcards but anything that's not TBT related??

The top complaint during the restocking of collectibles seem to be:

"It was in my cart but then POOF the magic dragon"

My proposal/suggestion is to remove the cart from the shop. When someone clicks purchase, it will automatically load their inventory for them to bask in the glory of their new collectible. If they would like to purchase more collectibles, they would just need to reload the shop again and repeat the process. This will minimize the amount of people buying 10+ collectibles at once but still allow you to own more than one especially if there are multiple restocks. I feel that this will maximize the disbursements of collectibles to TBT members giving everyone a better opportunity during these restocks.

*prepares flame shield*

I agree with this soooooo much.
PLEASE SOMEONE MAKE THIS HAPPEN.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I have previously suggested that all collectibles are limited to only one per person from the shop, however unlike the birthstones, members if they wish to collect more, are able to buy and sell freely in the marketplace, not limited to only owning one of a type.

This would ensure fairer distribution and hopefully put an end to most of the dissatisfaction caused by current methods. The introduction of a separate shop appears to have caused extreme lagging problems, the amount of lying and cheating and general unpleasant behaviour surely should not be encouraged for future events.

Another thought would be to add unlimited stock, again only one able to be bought from the shop, but like the candies available only for a short period.

Members would be able to trade peacefully on the market for extra collectibles and there would no longer be the animosity over one person being able to grab most of a restock.

I agree with this. :/
I mean, there's no harm in having two or three of the same collectible but I see people buying like 5. That's extremely selfish and greedy IMO.

We shouldn't make unlimited collectibles that lasts for a little time. Admins/mods want collectibles to be sought after and with unlimited collectibles for a short period of time, restocks would not be not near this crazy and the demand of collectibles will go down. But yes on the raising collectible price as it would limit the number people would buy. Also please please get rid of the cart. The shop would run much smoother. Again one per person would hinder the demand and popularity of collectibles hence admins not doing that.

why not just get rid of the shop all together and then problem solved :-}

I like this idea.

No but really I can say that we are watching and reading this thread.

Please Please this!
My proposal/suggestion is to remove the cart from the shop. When someone clicks purchase, it will automatically load their inventory for them to bask in the glory of their new collectible. If they would like to purchase more collectibles, they would just need to reload the shop again and repeat the process. This will minimize the amount of people buying 10+ collectibles at once but still allow you to own more than one especially if there are multiple restocks. I feel that this will maximize the disbursements of collectibles to TBT members giving everyone a better opportunity during these restocks.

At the risk of being flamed, I will also throw another idea out there. (And again, this is a thought exercise, it's not fully formed but might make for an interesting discussion).

Make everything stocked, all the time, in unlimited amounts. But, make "rare" collectibles super expensive.

So for example, make the yellow letter like 5,000 TBT. It just occurred to me as I type this that that might kill the marketplace. Hmm...

But, we can still have trading because things like eggs and candies are available only a limited amount of days out of the entire year. And of course, feathers.

Just throwing it out there. For discussion. :)

It's a good idea, even though personally I would probably never be able to afford the 5k + items. wouldn't the conversation of TBT and AC bells go even higher though? I've never brought TBT but I sometimes look into the marketplace and see the high rates.

If this happened, there would almost be no marketplace.

Just throwing it out there. For discussion.

If this happened, there would almost be no marketplace.

Just throwing it out there. For discussion.

Whatever I highlighted isn't a very bad idea at all. I would rather spend a lot on one fresh item from the store rather than wait for months for rare items to restock little. This would prevent further lagging.

It'd be an interesting drain on the market, that's for sure. Bell prices would rise due to people wanting to purchase the collectibles, and bells would disappear from the market due to people actually purchasing said collectibles.

It'd be an interesting drain on the market, that's for sure. Bell prices would rise due to people wanting to purchase the collectibles, and bells would disappear from the market due to people actually purchasing said collectibles.

Maybe that's not such a bad thing though. I've seen it said before that selling TBT was never intended by the mods anyway. I think you'd still get some sold from users who have all the collectables and it would incourage more posts on the forums to earn TBT as was originally intended. The rule about quality posting would still be in effect so you shouldn't get much spam, maybe at first but the mods would quickly sort that out.

My point is if everything is in unlimited quantities and at a higher price the tbt marketplace would DISAPPEAR and collectibles will lose almost ALL it's hype. Soooo many forums have this and is not popular at all. Nobody cares about collectibles in other forums because of this. TBT is unique. They won't be sought after as they are kind of like an achievement that is available all the time. There would be no buying or selling or even trading if this happened. BUT GET RID OF THAT STUPID CART LOL.

- - - Post Merge - - -

See, no one in the marketplace is selling for shop price because they are not in stock in the shop. If the shop had unlimited quantities no one would buy higher than the price in the shop there would be no point. Hence the marketplace would die.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also this idea would nearly disperse the collectibles to 1-2 per person no matter how fast or slow your internet because when someone is loading another is in the shop.

Last edited:
Love that idea :D
It would make the procedure so much lighter and better!

You have repeated this twice now word for word in your posts. It's on the very first post of this thread. It's not even your idea!

Back