• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

TBT Shop Proposal/Suggestion

Sholee

everything must go~
Bells
Red Candy
Orange Candy
Yellow Candy
Green Candy
Blue Candy
う
ぶ
つ
の
森
The top complaint during the restocking of collectibles seem to be:

"It was in my cart but then POOF the magic dragon"

My proposal/suggestion is to remove the cart from the shop. When someone clicks purchase, it will automatically load their inventory for them to bask in the glory of their new collectible. If they would like to purchase more collectibles, they would just need to reload the shop again and repeat the process. This will minimize the amount of people buying 10+ collectibles at once but still allow you to own more than one especially if there are multiple restocks. I feel that this will maximize the disbursements of collectibles to TBT members giving everyone a better opportunity during these restocks.

*prepares flame shield*

This is a good idea. Except for people trying to by more then one kind of collectible. Like today, I was trying for blue and green. But I would have gotten a blue if it worked this way. :)

This is a good idea. Except for people trying to by more then one kind of collectible. Like today, I was trying for blue and green. But I would have gotten a blue if it worked this way. :)

I bought every single one of my candies, each at a different restock period. I also have more than 1 red candy, also all bought at different restock periods. It's doable!

It can backfire if you accidentally click on something though, but otherwise I like the idea.

I agree with some aspects of this. However, I think it would be better if you had to wait a very short amount of time before you could buy instead of having to reload the page. for example, you have to wait 1 second before you can add another one to your cart.

They're going to then get complaints that they clicked the button and they didn't get what they "purchased". Really don't see how it's going to fix the issue. Currently (at least how I look at it), with this "cart feature" and this placeholder-ish thing in it, the server has to go thru many transactions and whoever ends up slower doesn't get the item and—well, you know already. With this new thing with the instant collectible showing up in their inventory, the server still has to go thru transactions, and those who are lower in I guess you could call it the queue, they don't get it because they've ran out. Further, we're all subject to go thru the checkout, so it's not really going to fix anything IMO.

I agree with some aspects of this. However, I think it would be better if you had to wait a very short amount of time before you could buy instead of having to reload the page. for example, you have to wait 1 second before you can add another one to your cart.

the lag time already adds more than 1 second~

They're going to then get complaints that they clicked the button and they didn't get what they "purchased". Really don't see how it's going to fix the issue. Currently (at least how I look at it), with this "cart feature" and this placeholder-ish thing in it, the server has to go thru many transactions and whoever ends up slower doesn't get the item and—well, you know already. With this new thing with the instant collectible showing up in their inventory, the server still has to go thru transactions, and those who are lower in I guess you could call it the queue, they don't get it because they've ran out. Further, we're all subject to go thru the checkout, so it's not really going to fix anything IMO.

i agree.

Though having to go through the check out process is annoying.
Maybe have a pop up instead asking "Purchase [item]? yes / no"
It could be quicker.

They're going to get complaints either way, but this may decrease the amount they get.

Current loads right now:
1st Load - Refreshing after the countdown timer
2nd Load - Halloween shop - (Make Purchase)
3rd Load - Cart - (Review Purchase)
4th Load - Confirm Purchase
5th Load - Inventory

My Suggested Method:
3rd Load - Inventory

My method has 2 less load than the current one which will allow another person to make a purchase rather than Johnny Sheniqua buying 10+ collectibles during the 2nd/3rd load of the current method and basically buying out the stock. This is just a suggestion seeing as MOST people just want one of each color. It's not exactly a queue that i'm suggesting here but more like giving other people (especially those with slower internets) a chance to buy a collectible while Sheniqua is in the inventory load and has to go through another load just to get back into the shop to hoard more.

Last edited:
I mean they're going to get complaints either way, this is just a suggestion seeing as MOST people just want one of each color.

Current loads right now:
3rd Load - Cart - (Review Purchase)
4th Load - Confirm Purchase

My Suggested Method:
3rd Load - Inventory

My method has 1 less load than the current one which will allow another person to make a purchase rather than Johnny buying 10 collectibles during the 2nd/3rd load of the current method and basically buying out the stock. It's not exactly a queue that i'm suggesting here.

If that's really becoming a prevalent issue the admins have the "unique" feature which means that in order to purchase it you can't have one yet. Or they could possibly implement a limit for a certain collectible (dunno how, but I think it'd be simpler than reworking vBShop coding quite some bit). And as for the queue, I only say that because of the fact that the server is going to be sent with a lot of messages/commands from computers, so I'd assume that it'd have to be backed up a bit. Unless the server is going to get an upgrade I don't think it'll be able to carry that much demand simultaneously, which is why I brought up the "queue" thing.

Oh, I really like this idea! Seems like a good one. I doubt anyone's really gonna accidentally buy whichever collectible. I will be so happy of this was implemented! :D

If that's really becoming a prevalent issue the admins have the "unique" feature which means that in order to purchase it you can't have one yet. Or they could possibly implement a limit for a certain collectible (dunno how, but I think it'd be simpler than reworking vBShop coding quite some bit). And as for the queue, I only say that because of the fact that the server is going to be sent with a lot of messages/commands from computers, so I'd assume that it'd have to be backed up a bit. Unless the server is going to get an upgrade I don't think it'll be able to carry that much demand simultaneously, which is why I brought up the "queue" thing.

ooo okays, yeah they're already doing something like that with the birthstones, where i can't buy the october birthstone from this year if i already have 2013's.

edited my previous post~
the current way actually has 5 load periods whereas mine has only 3 :D (or 4 and 2 if you're excluding the inventory load since you technically own it by that point)

- - - Post Merge - - -

It can backfire if you accidentally click on something though, but otherwise I like the idea.

If they accidentally clicked the wrong one, with the current method, they would have already missed out on whichever one they wanted considering it takes time to remove it from your cart.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if I agree with this. Although I don't even care about the candies anymore (I now own no candy), some people would get mad because they clicked to purchase a collectible, but it never shows up in inventory since others got to it first. It may sound like a good idea, but it's definitely like a rough race to the finish line.

I like this idea a lot. Having gone through multiple restocks this year, this would cut down on a lot of issues.

I guess the only administrative thing is, some people would accidentally purchase stuff, like a mailbox or something, so there might be a lot of refunding or what not. I dont know, i am still thinking about it, so this is more of a thought exercise then a full argument.

But yeah, that would reduce the hoarding too. Like people buying 20 of something.

Ditto :D

I just posted a thread with that exact complaint (showing up in the cart and then it's gone) before seeing this!

- - - Post Merge - - -

I think there should also be a limit. It's not really fair that people buy several at once, causing other potential buyers to lose out, and then resell them at high prices for profit.

Last edited:
Ditto :D

I think there should also be a limit. It's not really fair that people buy several at once, causing other potential buyers to lose out, and then resell them at high prices for profit.

Yes, unfortunately that is how it is for most markets. I'm just hoping this could be a way to minimize (not stop) the hoarding by a little~

I feel like putting something in the cart should guarantee you getting the item but that won't happen either. :/

Back