• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Funny, strange and disturbing Club Tortimer Stories

I came to club tortimer to see some kids standing around. One of them asked me "do u miss Harambe" so I shrugged. I then said, "Harambe meme is deader than Harambe" and went on with my bug hunting. They trapped me in club tortimer so I had to flip my wifi switch

I came to club tortimer to see some kids standing around. One of them asked me "do u miss Harambe" so I shrugged. I then said, "Harambe meme is deader than Harambe" and went on with my bug hunting. They trapped me in club tortimer so I had to flip my wifi switch

I spiritally relate to you.
I'm done with the Harambe memes

I went there and this girl wanted me to give her my 1,000,000 Bell crown for free. I obviously said no and she threw a whiny fit then errored.

I went for some island hopping the other day in search of items.

Ugh it was awful. A truly stressful irritating experience.
And each experience was without particular events or details...just constant begging, or complete refusal to acknowledge my presence.

It really has become Troll and Beggar Island.

some guy saying creepy/violent things and I just left
i never went to club tormiter again.

xD

The most memorable experience was this guy planting flowers in front of me and using the love emotion. He was nice, so I can't complain.

Well CT hasn't got any better then - (this thread started 2 years ago).
I haven't been in well, it must be years now. I keep thinking I want to go - for those exclusive items, some I still haven't got, but posts like these put me off.

If I did go, I would try & make it easy on my self, wear cheap clothes, no crown etc. No QR codes as that seems to confuse some players. Would it work - unlikely.

When I used to go, I didn't say anything - I just want to buy items & go on my way; just too tired to try & enter into a dialog, mainly in case I get a load of grief. Yes unsocial and rude, but oh well, I don't go at all now.

Well CT hasn't got any better then - (this thread started 2 years ago).
I haven't been in well, it must be years now. I keep thinking I want to go - for those exclusive items, some I still haven't got, but posts like these put me off.

If I did go, I would try & make it easy on my self, wear cheap clothes, no crown etc. No QR codes as that seems to confuse some players. Would it work - unlikely.

When I used to go, I didn't say anything - I just want to buy items & go on my way; just too tired to try & enter into a dialog, mainly in case I get a load of grief. Yes unsocial and rude, but oh well, I don't go at all now.

I've always planned ahead like you - I even use alt characters - but it rarely matters.
It's like going to a dangerous part of town where you KNOW the riff-raff hang out.
Remember to lock your house before you go!

hhhhhh dumb kids

Hello hello, I'm 12 and I'd like to apologize for all the stupid b****s on CT. I don't play ACNL regularly but I've heard so much crap about people in my age group. NOBODY I know who is 12-13 would act like that to strangers, they respect themselves too much. It's super easy to lie on the Internet and those kids were probably 8-10. I have read stories about people wearing nude qr codes and acting out all sorts of crazy things. They're probably curious to see what will happen, I've been there. (And was scarred because of it.) Please take everything on there with a pinch of salt, there's nice people on there too.

Everytime I go, I NEVER experience weird people but it seems as if it's a normal occurance to experience the weirdos! Why cant I have the honour?! XD Either the island is empty everytime I go or you get one person who doesnt say anything and just minds his own business. I'm lucky but sad I don't get to tease the trolls. Lol

One time I arrived to 3 people on the island, all older than me (Like 20 and stuff) and as I was wearing the royal crown they kept referring to me as "Queen" and "God" asking me to cleanse their sins and I was like weirdos. I played along anyway and they were all like "All hail queen Grace!", fetching me fruit. Like my outfit was cute and all but it can't have been that special. When I had to go they begged me not to and one girl said they will pay me 99k to stay. I ended up leaving anyway not accepting the bells

One time I was with 3 other people and I was catching beetles and some girl was running around so I politely asked her to stop and then she didn't, continuing to scare off the beetles until I told her that if she didn't stop I would flip the switch (I already had a lot of bells but I just like growing the collection). Then she stopped but swore at me and was pestering me for my hairbow wig that I refused to give her and then she ended up getting so mad that she flipped the switch.

Another time, more recent, I was with 3 other people and I was wearing the My Melody Dress and Pin with Hello Kitty boots and one girl (who didn't know what these were) said "she has gracie" to the only guy on the island. And then he corrected her and told her about the items. Then she went "Your all so pretty" "I look like a hell child" and ran around for a bit then left to go back to her town.

i like roleplaying, but not on the damn island. there were 2 people roleplaying a romantic honeymoon and i facepalmed so hard and went to leave. one of them noticed me and started calling me barista and more tropical drinks please and i played along a minute and asked if they were old enough to drink. turns out they were 12. i dipped out.

I was island hopping trying to find a specific tour. I don’t know if you can actually hop for different tours now that I think about it. Anyway, soon as I got there 2 other people came inside from the beach and weren’t speaking English. I checked and the tour I wanted wasn’t there so I was talking to her again to head home when one of the guys hopped up on the counter and laid down in front of me. It took longer than normal but finally I got on the boat to go home and quit is,and hopping for the night!

Back