• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Help - Trapped on the International Island

overlord

Bells
Cake
Cake
Pear (Fruit)
Orange (Fruit)
Yellow Candy
Help!
I went to the International Island today and got trapped. The other person there started a tour and then never sat down. I couldn't leave. I ended up shutting off my DS and making Resetti mad. Has this happened to anyone? Is there another way to get off the island? Does it time-out at some point? Thanks for the advice!

This has happened to me before, as well. Numerous times. I like to call it "Island Trolling". It's rude and people will do it deliberately just to be jerks and not allow you to leave.

Sadly, the way you dealt with it is the only way it really can be dealt with, from what I know (if someone else knows otherwise, then please share your wisdom). You have to terminate the connection manually, since there's no way to ensure that the other person follows through with the tour. I've tried talking to them, but they don't listen. They're just doing it to be irritating.

Unfortunately I don't believe there's anyway to get out of it :( (I've never been to club tortimer though before so someone correct me if I'm wrong) If it ever happens again you could just flip the switch though. All you'll get is an error message, no Resetti!

No their is no other way to get off the island. This has been happening for so long. You can't stop this, you can only deal with it.

I might be wrong, but can't you just flip your wifi switch on your DS? It should take you back to your town, at least that's what I remember. No resetting and no resetti.

I don't go to CT much anymore since I have all the island items (I think), anyhow I was trolled on CT one night and if I remember correctly I flipped the wifi switch.

The correct answer is the Wifi switch as mentioned earlier. It will get you off the island and you won't lose much save data as you have to save prior to getting on the island to begin with.

You must have bumped into an island full of trashy kids. What I hear is that the new 3DS doesn't have a Wi-Fi switch, which will make these trashy kids have more power than you. In this case, you have no other choice than to shut down your 3DS system.

I think they should make it an option where when someone activates a tour to trap you in, you can't be trapped in. You can leave Club Tortimer when a tour starts. This will make these kids powerless, as the bully victim escapes for freedom.

Honestly the best way to rid the trollis to sit there and do nothing. If they show no response or don't d/c go ahead and turn off the switch or disconnect yourself. It's no big deal in my opinion (given I am a troll myself so I am biased).

You must have bumped into an island full of trashy kids. What I hear is that the new 3DS doesn't have a Wi-Fi switch, which will make these trashy kids have more power than you. In this case, you have no other choice than to shut down your 3DS system.

I think they should make it an option where when someone activates a tour to trap you in, you can't be trapped in. You can leave Club Tortimer when a tour starts. This will make these kids powerless, as the bully victim escapes for freedom.
Without the wifi switch on a 2DS, I just start walking away from my router. Unfortunately, I don't have to walk too far before I drop the wifi. It's the only good use for some of the wifi deadzones in my house!

You could also unplug and replug your router yourself, if it wouldn't bother your family members too much. Same effect as switching the wifi switch, but more effort.

Or just not use the new 3DS to visit the wifi island... It's not a huge part of the game.

Or just not use the new 3DS to visit the wifi island... It's not a huge part of the game.

You speak for yourself. I would've stopped playing long ago/less frequently if it wasn't for the online island. Tours played repeatedly on your own are kinda boring.

Last edited:
Just flip the internet wifi switch on your DS and it will error and send you back to your town :)

OHH Wait!! I have an idea. What if we start offering them bells so they'll go out to get the bells, and then we can run in to safety when they run out. But you would just go up to the ATM and pretend to get bells? :O :D

What's with the title. You obviously don't need help if you said you shut off the wifi/3DS. I don't Beetle Hunt on the Island anymore (I used to do it by putting a tour then beetle hunt because I don't want to destroy my island). So I just say something like, "I'll give you ____ if you we do a tour/I'll give you ___". Then I either stand up before the tour starts or shut off the wifi after I give them it.

Last edited:
I had the same problem with a group of people. One of the players were fighting with the another person.
Tried to leave and he ran in front and started a tour.
Went right to the players profiles and click yes to never having to play with them again.
Waited and said I was going to hit the Wifi. The other players said no they had expensive items. So I waited a few and than clicked hit the Wifi switch.

If you have the 2DS you might want to save your progress before going to the island. Than shut it off.

If you sit when they pick a tour you can't get up. I made the mistake of sitting down.

Back