• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Pokémon I only find shinys in friend safari

Lucky. :( I still haven't seen one (though admittedly I haven't been playing much). I remember reading a while back that the shiny rates were upped for the Friend Safari, though I think that was speculation based off how many people were finding shinies there.

Lucky. :( I still haven't seen one (though admittedly I haven't been playing much). I remember reading a while back that the shiny rates were upped for the Friend Safari, though I think that was speculation based off how many people were finding shinies there.
I think it's legit though. I've found a bunch of shinies simply by grinding encounters in the Friend Safari. Sometimes I go in and find one within the first five battles. By comparison I've hatched like 3000 eggs or something and only ever found two shinies by breeding. One of them was dumb luck because I was breeding for IVs and it produced a random shiny.

I've found 1 shiny in the Safari, which was a male Espurr (had Infiltrator so it's not that great... It's nice to look at!) I've gotten 3 more from Masuda method and 1 random encounter.
This was in X only.

I've found like 15 (probs more) shinies in the friend safari LOL

but out of the 300 hours of gameplay I've done in X, legit half of those house were spent in the friend safari

ive yet to FIND a shiny. first few days of playing, i hatched a shiny pichu. then all other shinies ive gotten were traded to me and a few weeks ago, i hatched a shiny bagon.

I found a shiny Floette in a safari on the second encounter, I just wanted a Swirlix with Unburden and some good IV's.

I've got 3 from Masuda method, 2 wild encounter shinys and the rest I won from a giveaway.

I think there really is a higher shiny rate in Friend Safari. I'm able to find 3 so far. The first one was Growlithe. I found it when I decided to look for a Shiny Braixen after seeing this video of a shiny hunting robot this guy built. There he found 3 shinies when he left it overnight. Anyways, less than 10 encounters after I started, I found Growlithe.

The second one was a Delibird. I add so much people online that I am not able to check their safaris immediately. When I decided to check this ice type one, the first one I found was shiny Delibird.

Third was Ditto. I was doing my usual Ditto Farming to throw them in GTS for Dex fillers and it just Appeared.
I also found about 3 shinies from horde Encounters too. All of them when I was EV training.

Can I be the one who moans because they haven't found a shiny in X/Y with several hundred friend safari hours?

/moan

I've have caught over 20 shinys in Pokemon X and a lot of them were in my friend safari.

I've been playing Pokemon since it first released here in the West and in that time I've seen a grand total of...1 shiny in the wild...And I killed it because we didn't know what shiny's were back then...

It was a Shiny Geodude within the first hour of playing Silver when I first got it. Wasn't sure why it had a sparkly animation and I just passed it off as a regular new thing in Pokemon. I didn't have any Pokeballs so I just killed it and carried on none the wiser...

The only shiny's I've ever had are ones within the game such as the red Gyrados or event Pokemon that are given to you.

I've had soooo many shinies...
They were either hacked or from mystery gift ;_;

I've been playing Pokemon since it first released here in the West and in that time I've seen a grand total of...1 shiny in the wild...And I killed it because we didn't know what shiny's were back then...

It was a Shiny Geodude within the first hour of playing Silver when I first got it. Wasn't sure why it had a sparkly animation and I just passed it off as a regular new thing in Pokemon. I didn't have any Pokeballs so I just killed it and carried on none the wiser...

The only shiny's I've ever had are ones within the game such as the red Gyrados or event Pokemon that are given to you.

oh my god thats so sad
i hatched my first ever shiny within a few days of starting Y
then i got 2 from wondertrade, then i hatched a shiny bagon like a month ago

So far found two shiny gulpins and one bellsprout in the wild. And got ashiny 4ived magikarp and 5ived honedge while breeding

Back