• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Natural Occurrences Or Disasters For The Next Game?

Envelin

Bells
April Birthstone (Diamond)
Red Candy
Yellow Candy
We already have the northern lights and rain, but are there other occurrences you'd like to see?

I've never seen an eclipse before so that would be cool and maybe bad luck might give you hail or blizzards. Something cool like that. Any other ideas?

A lot of players would probably hate disaster if it'll destroy their hybrids lol. Though if it's only for effect (no repercussions beside your walk will be slower on a storm maybe) then it would be nice o: and for constellations to come back

A lot of players would probably hate disaster if it'll destroy their hybrids lol. Though if it's only for effect (no repercussions beside your walk will be slower on a storm maybe) then it would be nice o: and for constellations to come back

I agree uvu

I just find the thought comedic of you walking outside to ge bonked on the noggin by a piece of hail.xD

- - - Post Merge - - -

Eclipses would be neat!

Maybe trees swaying in the breeze?

I think that'd be really nice and peaceful. Especially the sound. Just hearing it in real life makes me happy. :)

harvest/red moon thing. COOL.
also winter nights where you can see a lot more than just stars, like you see nebulaes and stuff. COOLER.

I think really windy days would be cool. Like so windy that your umbrella flips inside-out and you and other villagers get pushed and pulled around.

Actually, I'm all for the idea of some natural disasters like tornados/monsoons or floods. Sure, it would suck if some of your hybrids or trees got ruined, but if they did it in a way like they handle them in Harvest Moon, it wouldn't be like you lose ALL of them. Just a few here and there. It's not really that devastating.

I'd also like to see wind variations and snowstorms, too.

also winter nights where you can see a lot more than just stars, like you see nebulaes and stuff. COOLER.
I really like this idea! I also like the eclipse idea and the constellations! Like everyone else has said though, I think these weather related events would have to programmed with either minimal damage or none at all.

If it's anything like the storms in Harvest Moon that destroy crops and things then heck no lol
Natural phenomena that aren't disasters like eclipses would be nice though. Or they could just bring back the constellations from the past games O:

I think windy weather would be cute, trees swaying in the wind like already suggested. And villagers outside would have umbrellas that could get turned inside out! And your hair would get ruffled up or something, or you hat knocked off and put into your pockets *rambles on* I'm sure none of that is very practical, lol.

EDIT: just realised I've just repeated with other people have said, LOL. sorry! But I do like the windy day idea a lot, although windy days are hardly natural disasters, which I'd rather not have in AC :p

Last edited:
Heck no! I don't like this idea! Dx Animal crossing is meant to be relaxing and peaceful. adding disasters would ruin that aspect which is one of my favorite things about it.

I want there to be a volcano that will erupt one day and your villagers are screaming and running around like crazy because they have no idea what they should do to save themselves, it is utter chaos there is nothing the mayor can do to stop all this panic their words are muffled under the villagers screams and crying it is the end of the little town, some villager even go as far as killing themselves because they don't want to face the painful and searing death as the lava ingulfs their bodies, the mayor looks in horror as their villagers kill themselves to escape the uncoming doom they will face

...but the lava was going an opposite way of the village crisis aver....

-looks around at the dead bodies-

..nvm

Last edited:
o_O ok then

Yeah windy days, eclipses(solar would be especially cool), i cant remember but i don't think we have lightning so that would be cool, hail would be fun, and buildings should definitely have icicles on them in the winter.

I would love to see the constellations come back. And you could earn badges by making them!

This is just my opinions, so:

I hate the idea of having a volcano. I don't care for the idea of having natural disaster, I mean, I did at first, but now I don't see the point in having them. For me, having a strong storm/blizzard or maybe adding in wind seems nice, but having something like an earthquake or tsunami seems to extreme to me. It doesn't seem very Animal Crossing-like. When I think of Animal Crossing, I think of thing being peaceful and getting away from real life and making your own virtual world, etc.

And having the ponds/river freeze up, it sounds nice, but they don't seem big enough to ice skate on. Also, you can't catch some of the winter fishes (Stringfish, etc.)

Solar Eclipse: We can't see the Sun so what's the point. But a Lunar Eclipse would be neat.

Hail: Ehh, no thanks. Maybe during a blizzard, every once in a while, you see a piece of hail on the ground and give it to one of the Snow people and they give you something in return?

can't see the Sun so what's the point.

I just noticed that, omfg. Why don't we have a sun? By that logic, we'd be in eternal darkness. Either that or there's a sun on the other side of the screen and it's managing to bend its light so much it projects evenly.

Back