Do you have any tattoos?

Nyxia

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
3 Envelopes
My friend recently got a tattoo and it got me thinking what sort of tattoo I would get.
I'm not a fan of the big ones, but I love, love, love small ones.
I think I would get this as a tattoo. It's from a game I loved playing as a child.
PRIMAL_Symbol_by_GaaraxHinata6666.jpg
Would you ever get a tattoo? If you already have one, what did you get and are you happy with it?

I do have one. I have a peacock on my top left shoulder. I love it! I do want another one...am thinking about getting a jelly fish. :D

I've gotten close to getting a tattoo, but I always chicken out. :( I hate, hate, hate needles. I really want one, though, so someday I hope to have the cojones for it.

I have many Im thinking about getting, but so far I have mermaid scales on the side of my thigh:
522158_146981532151988_1549303049_n.jpg

and a half sleeve of roses with a lock and key on my right arm. I still have a bunch of background work to do but so far I love it :)
10505436_265828013600672_3067714511739083707_n.jpg

Sorry if the images are huge! I tried to make them smaller in photoshop and it seems like it didnt to much :x

Last edited:
I do have one. I have a peacock on my top left shoulder. I love it! I do want another one...am thinking about getting a jelly fish. :D

A jellyfish would be so cool! Where would you put it?

- - - Post Merge - - -

I've gotten close to getting a tattoo, but I always chicken out. :( I hate, hate, hate needles. I really want one, though, so someday I hope to have the cojones for it.

Yeah the needles aspect of it would be scary! It's the only thing (apart from price) off putting about the whole process.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I have many Im thinking about getting, but so far I have mermaid scales on the side of my thigh:
View attachment 71928

and a half sleeve of roses with a lock and key on my right arm. I still have a bunch of background work to do but so far I love it :)
View attachment 71930

Sorry if the images are huge! I tried to make them smaller in photoshop and it seems like it didnt to much :x

Wow the mermaid scales are really original! Where did you get the idea for them?

@Lois447

I saw some on Pinterest and thought that they would be even cooler if they were more realistic. I love swimming and I was a competitive swimmer for 6 years so they were really fitting for me :)

I'm not a fan of tattoos, and I don't have any, nor do I plan to. But to each their own I suppose. For the most part I don't see why people would want to cover themselves in ink permanently, I personally wouldn't want my own skin eternally changed. The people will small tattoos in the right places aren't really strange to me (though I wouldn't get one myself as previously stated), I just don't think covering a large percent of the body in tattoos looks good; however, it doesn't mean that there is anything necessarily wrong with someone who does that, I do find it unappealing though. I understand some people get tattoos that have some sort of personal significance or consider it art, but I'd rather have those things on mediums that are not permanently attached to me (On clothing, paintings/drawings, etc. would be better imo). And I will admit some tattoos are actually quite nice looking, it's just the large tattoos, the sleeve tattoos, and even more so the "generic" tattoos that don't really have a particular reason that I tend to dislike.

I'm not sure I'd get a tattoo, but if I did, it'd probably be something from Legend of Zelda or another form of media that I love.

I don't have any but I've seriously considered getting a couple of small ones on the side of my wrist. I've been wanting a sailboat and a teal cancer ribbon.

I have a few. :blush:

I've got a botanical painting from my favorite botanist. This one is on the underside of my left arm and quite large. It's done in a lineless style to mimic the original painting. Not only do I love the original artist and the work of my tattoo artist, the flowers are gorgeous and have a good meaning that I can tell people when they are rude.

On the underside of my other arm, I have a scientific illustration of a honey bee that I designed. B is the nickname for me used by my family. I love the symbolism surrounding bees (especially female workers). I got this one before my flowers and it's much smaller. I'd like to have it added to but the artist I used lives in another state so it's difficult to coordinate.

I also have a small line of text tattoo on the back of my neck. It's my favorite quote and even though I've had it for years, it's something I still relate to and am proud to have on me.

I have another one scheduled soon too. It will be of one of my favorite Van Gogh sketches, and possibly have a line from a letter he wrote to his brother too, we shall see.

Some of my favorite artists are Sasha Unisex (as linked above by Mariah), Amanda Wachob, and Justin Nordine. They are all watercolor based artists with gorgeous work history.

I really should get some photos...

I've always wanted a tatoo when I'm older. Probably something with stars, because I have a fascination with constellations.

I love the tatoos everyone has shown! They're so pretty!

Nope, I don't have any, and I don't really plan to either. But it's really fun to see others tattoos.

I like tattoos when they're done well (or my opinion of "well"), typically traditional style. There are only certain artists I would get tattooed by, and none of them are near me so I probably won't be getting one anytime soon. Sasha Unisex is one, I also love Mike Adams and Philip Yarnell. I have a pinterest board here where I save tattoo ideas: http://www.pinterest.com/julialmorales/tattoos/

I have one that I got at age 19. I definitely wish I would have waited a bit longer until I was absolutely certain that it's what I wanted, because I'm not a fan of it now and am looking into getting it removed. :/

I have "Always" on my shoulder with the three stars at the top of every Harry Potter page.
I have my husband and my anniversary date on my arm
and I have "let it go" that goes across my whole arm from my wrist to my elbow in really big cursive. c:
I love tattoos so much.

Back