White Violet
Holiday Candy Cane 2016
White Pansy
Red Pansy
Yellow Pansy
May Birthstone (Emerald)
January Birthstone (Garnet)
Tasty Cake
I'm trying to get hybrids to rework the decoration in my town. Several months ago, before I knew how the hybrid system worked, I was getting hybrids left and right... But, now, I'm getting none. I'm putting like-species flowers next to one another for creating hybrids, but after waiting a few weeks, I've no luck.

I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing wrong. Am I missing something important?

Hm, have you tried putting some fertiliser in-between the two flowers?
And I don't want to sound rude or ignorant but you're definitely watering them as well?
Also there are various dead spots around the town so maybe you have just planted your flowers around one. You could try moving the flowers around, watering them and putting some fertiliser down. Hope this helps!

Hm, have you tried putting some fertiliser in-between the two flowers?
And I don't want to sound rude or ignorant but you're definitely watering them as well?
Also there are various dead spots around the town so maybe you have just planted your flowers around one. You could try moving the flowers around, watering them and putting some fertiliser down. Hope this helps!

You're not being rude. ^^ Yes, I'm definitely watering them. I wasn't aware of the dead spots! I'll try moving them to a different location. Thanks, Lois!

One thing I do is I grow my hybrids on the beach. It not only keeps them safe from villagers moving in randomly, but Ive been able to grow them faster and avoid dead spots like what Lois said :)

people oftentimes plant hybrids like a + or an x and put the fertilizer in between the flowers.
. .x
x f x
. .x

hopefully this shows up proper, i'm on my phone haha the f = fertilizer. (it didn't show up LOL well the x = flower).

Last edited:
I also use the beach and a grid-like "x" pattern. Using a combo of BT and only watering what you want to grow helps. I don't use fertilizer, but I do use Jacobs ladders.

I've read you can only get a max of 4 new hybrids a day. So just focus on one type for now, also diamond pattern is best. Good luck
!

I might need to move my carnations and hybrid red roses somewhere else, then. They haven't produced anything yet, and while I do understand that it can take quite some time they're currently planted on dirt, so it can't hurt to try.

I also use that x grid pattern. I would suggest breeding on the beach. I just started doing that in my second town. Also having a golden watering can will make everything way more easier with no need of fertilizer. I've even got 3-6 new hybrids a day :)

I've read you can only get a max of 4 new hybrids a day. So just focus on one type for now, also diamond pattern is best. Good luck
!
I've read that the max is 5.

Also, try to keep it to 10-12 hybrids per patch. This limits the spawn of non-hybrids but also gives a good chance of producing hybrids.

Do you have the Beautiful Town Ordinance set? And make sure you water only the hybrids that you want to breed more of, otherwise if you water other regular flowers this decreases the chance of your desired hybrids spawning.
As stated above, put the flowers in a grid shape.
And use fertilizer, but I found that it doesn't always work for me especially when I tried to make blue violets :/

I've gotten more than 4. Blacks and Blues in a single day. But again I have BT on and I water those specific hybrids.

Back