Blue Crescent Moon
Pavé Pink Feather
Cool Feather
Green Fair Pinwheel
Purple Feather
Blue Balloon
Blue Feather
White Feather
Okay, being the huge shipper that I am, I can't resist making a topic like this.

Tell me your favorite anime/manga pairings/couples and relationships in general! Why do you like them? Are they your "main" ship, or do you multi-ship them with other people? Is the pairing not a romantic relationship but a familial or best friends type of relationship? What pleases you about it? Is it a crack-ship, canon, or sort of implied?

There's no limit to how many you want to post about! Go nuts! And those questions are just some guide questions you may or may not want to answer.

And as an added note: Don't cut down anyone for what they like or what kind of pairing/sexuality it is. If you don't like certain pairings, keep it to yourself. And likewise, if you happen to like a ship that someone likes better as friends, don't take it personally. We're all entitled to our opinions. This thread is for gushing about what we love, not complaining about what we hate/don't like. Do NOT start shipping wars in here, please!

Thank you. : )

I'll start things off. My OTP (one true pairing) is definitely Fakir/Ahiru (Fakiru) from Princess Tutu! I could write (and even have written) essays about why I love them, what about their relationship really hits the right chords with me, how much they inspire me, etc. In short, I'll just say that I love that they accept each other for their flaws and all and for who they are (which is important to me especially because Ahiru is actually a duck). Their partnership gives me lifeblood and it was so important to the show. They didn't start off on a good foot at all, but they gradually became friends/learned to trust each other. And they don't always get along even after that---they argue and conflict with each other and it's by no means perfect. He puts up a rude/jerkish/grumpy front a lot of the time, but he's actually a woobie, blushy dork on the inside and she brings it out of him. And he promised that no matter what happens, he'll always stay by her side forever, even when she's just a duck. ;_; They didn't have explicit romance or anything like that (though they did dance together in an enchanted lake to the tune of Romeo and Juliet's Farewell...)---there was no kissing or confessions of undying love. But that by no means cheapens what they have. There is no fictional pairing out there that has inspired me more than this relationship has. I've been nuts about them for over eight years now and doing so many fanworks that they come out of my ears. (I'm struggling not to be TOO wordy, actually. This is the short version. LOL)

And there's a tiny tribute to them down there in my signature, with a bouncing sprite made by cosmonaut. I don't multi-ship them a lot, but I do dabble in a couple other pairings for them at times. None of them hold a candle to how I feel about the two of them together, though.

So... how about your favorite pairings?

I'm not much of a shipper, but I really like the Naruto/Hinata pair up. It just seems cute

One of the classic Naruto pairs. : ) Pretty well-liked, from what I know. I haven't seen/read Naruto, myself (I get a little bit intimidated by shows/manga that has hundreds of episodes/chapters), but I've seen a lot of art of them that is beyond adorable!

well i ship far too many things for my own good
i have quite a few OC/canon pairings as everyone knows because im ****ing trash
god i have an obscene amount of ships i cant even, begin,
so ill just go with the one off the top of my head, reigisa (rei/nagisa) from free! oh and harumako (haru/makoto) from the same anime. ... as well as nitorin (nitori/rin) from it. SEE OH GOD ITS ALREADY STARTING /burrows under a rock
im gonna stop myself riiiiiiiiiiiight there

Lol! No need to stop yourself. : ) If you want to gush about your favorite pairings, that's what this thread is for.

I ship too many things, as well, so I'm sure I'll be back here dozens of times to talk about more pairings/relationships I love and go on a tangent about why I adore them.

The only anime I've ever sat down and watched completely was Madoka Magica, and I loved it. I used to date someone who was very into anime and was always trying to get me to watch it but the type of anime he liked just never interested me and mostly confused me, but that one was great. I've wanted to try and give anime another chance since I've seen so many people say how wonderful a lot of them are, but I just can't ever seem to find the right ones to watch.

Shipping is one of my favorite things though. <3 My OTP isn't an anime pairing, but I did really like the Sayaka/Kyoko pairing from Madoka Magica. I tend to always like the love/hate type relationships the most.

I tend to always like the love/hate type relationships the most.

I'm a sucker for those a lot of the time, too! And relationships that are just conflictive in general. I'm not really one for the completely sappy pairings where everything is perfect and sunshine and daisies (though there's nothing wrong with those! They're just not my cup of tea.)

And feel free to express love for pairings outside of anime/manga, too! I should have just said fictional character pairings in general, but I didn't think to at the time I made this.

I end up shipping a lot of pairings, though not as...intensely as some people tend to. I'll just go with the OTP misaki x usui from maid-sama!

wow, how I could I forget a huge one. touken (touka x kaneki) from tokyo ghoul. I still have hope for it.

Last edited:
I end up shipping a lot of pairings, though not as...intensely as some people tend to. I'll just go with the OTP misaki x usui from maid-sama!

Ahhh, I love them! Granted, the whole series was practically focused in on the two of them, so it would have been pretty hard for me not to ship them. But they still make a good pair, regardless, in my opinion.

I'm a sucker for those a lot of the time, too! And relationships that are just conflictive in general. I'm not really one for the completely sappy pairings where everything is perfect and sunshine and daisies (though there's nothing wrong with those! They're just not my cup of tea.)

And feel free to express love for pairings outside of anime/manga, too! I should have just said fictional character pairings in general, but I didn't think to at the time I made this.

Yesss, agreed! Love/hate relationships are perfect to me because of how not perfect they really are. It's a lot more interesting for me.

My OTP is actually kind of strange :c haha. It's Chucky/Tiffany from the Child's Play series (yes I know I'm weird), I love those two together way too much. It feels like I'm the only one but sometimes I'll see some really cool people on DA who love them too and I don't feel as weird.

Yesss, agreed! Love/hate relationships are perfect to me because of how not perfect they really are. It's a lot more interesting for me.

My OTP is actually kind of strange :c haha. It's Chucky/Tiffany from the Child's Play series (yes I know I'm weird), I love those two together way too much. It feels like I'm the only one but sometimes I'll see some really cool people on DA who love them too and I don't feel as weird.

Exactly! It's the imperfections in couples/relationships in general that make me like them so much. It's just not as fun for me if their interests and personalities are really similar. I love the clashes. Plus, it makes it all the more meaningful when they get past their differences to accept each other for who they are.

Oh, wow. XD I never would have guessed that. Hahaha. That said, I don't know if you're familiar with tumblr or not, but it seems like EVERY pairing you could ever think of has a following there. Glad you found some on DA, too! It can be hard sometimes to find works for more obscure pairings.

oh FCUK I LOVE AMERIPAN and also johndave even tho homestuck isnt anime BUT STILL. ameripan 5ever

Exactly! It's the imperfections in couples/relationships in general that make me like them so much. It's just not as fun for me if their interests and personalities are really similar. I love the clashes. Plus, it makes it all the more meaningful when they get past their differences to accept each other for who they are.

Oh, wow. XD I never would have guessed that. Hahaha. That said, I don't know if you're familiar with tumblr or not, but it seems like EVERY pairing you could ever think of has a following there. Glad you found some on DA, too! It can be hard sometimes to find works for more obscure pairings.

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. :) Are there any good love/hate relationships in TV shows/whatever that you'd suggest? Like I said, I love shipping, and I'm always looking to get into new pairings lol.

Oh yeah, I used to have a tumblr but ended up deleting it a while back. I've been considering making a new one. There really is everything on there though, I've even seen the clock/notepad from those "Don't Hug Me I'm Scared" videos become a big pairing.

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. :) Are there any good love/hate relationships in TV shows/whatever that you'd suggest? Like I said, I love shipping, and I'm always looking to get into new pairings lol.

Oh yeah, I used to have a tumblr but ended up deleting it a while back. I've been considering making a new one. There really is everything on there though, I've even seen the clock/notepad from those "Don't Hug Me I'm Scared" videos become a big pairing.

Ahhh, I wish I could give you some recs, but I honestly don't really watch much TV! Sorry. : ( I'm sure there will be others here who have fave pairings/relationships in general from TVs/movies, etc, though!

...The clock and the notepad from that animated short? Really? XD Man, by now, shipping really shouldn't surprise me, but sometimes it still does.

I... ship a lot of things, but probably my favorite is Utena/Anthy from Revolutionary Girl Utena.

I have a friend who ships them really hard!

A lot :blush:
- Tharja + Libra (Fire Emblem)
- Jun Satou+ Yachiyo Todoroki (Working!)
- Natsu + Lucy (Fairy Tail)
- Erza + Jellal (Fairy Tail)
- Daryl Yan + Tsumugi Sendo (Guilty Crown)
- Panne + Lon'qu (Fire Emblem)
- Henry + Ricken (Fire Emblem)
- Saruhiko Fushimi + Himori Akiyama (K)
- Yuno Gasai+ Akise Aru (Mirai Nikki)
- Eren Jaeger+ Levi Rivaille (SnK)
- Reiner Braun + Bertolt Hoover (SnK)
- Armin Arlert + Annie Leonhart (SnK)
- Midorima Shintaro + Takao kazunari (Kuroko)
- Ayanami + Eve (07)
- Souma Hiroomi + Yamada Aoi (Working)
- Judar + Kougyoku Ren (Magi)
- Shintaro Kisaragi + Ayano Tateyama (Kagepro)
- Hyuuga + Konatsu Warren (07)
- Morgiana + Masrur (Magi)
- Petra Ral + Auruo Bossard (SnK)
- Makoto Tachibana + Haruka Nanase (Free)
- Nagisa Hazuki + Rei Ryugazaki (Free)
- Nitori Aiichiro + Rin Matsuoka (Free)
- Tatsuya Himuro + Atsushi Murasakibara (Kuroko)
- Shoichi Imayoshi + Aoimine Daiki (Kuroko)
- Sasha Braus + Connie Springer (SnK)
- Shuuya Kano + Tsubomi Kido (Kagepro)
- Hirato + Tsukumo (Karneval)
- Jiki + Kiichi (Karneval)
- Konoha + Ene (Kagerou)
- Kaworu Nagisa + Shinji Ikari (Evangelion)
- Arthur+Merlin (Merlin)
- Tate+Violet (American Horror Story)
- Victor+Victoria (Bravely Default)
- Jackal+Praline (Bravely Default)
- Akashi+Furihata (KnB)
- Hannibal + Will (Hannibal)
- Sherlock + Molly (Sherlock)
- Deadpool + Spiderman
-Frederick + Sumia (Fire Emblem)
- Cordelia + Gaius (Fire Emblem)
- Gilgamesh + Kirei (Fate Zero)
- Lancer + Saber (Fate Zero)
- Toudou + Makishima (Yowamushi Pedal)
- Twelve + Lisa Mishima (Zankyou no Terror)

What are they from, if you don't mind me asking? I don't recognize the names.

I SHIP IT. Fire Emblem: Awakening had soooooooo much shipping potential, oh my god. I also think Donnel and Nowi are TOO ADORABLE together. Also Olivia and Lon'qu.

Ymir and Christa are from Attack on Titan. c:

Back