Smash Bros Smash Bros. Wii U Direct - 50 New Things (Oct 23 3pm PT)

They are gonna make Ridley DLC and Alfonzo will be the stage boss when Ridley is fighting on Pyrosphere.

god mewtwo only if you buy both versions? that's bs

Looks like you just have to connect both versions so maybe if you know someone who has the other version? I still think that people who bought/buy both versions should be rewarded more though

I can't imagine they'd keep him only by doing something with both consoles, this being by connecting them together or something, I can't imagine them making it only happen if you register both games to Club Nintendo.

They'd probably make him buyable in the EShop sometime soon after he's released.

Looks like you just have to connect both versions so maybe if you know someone who has the other version? I still think that people who bought/buy both versions should be rewarded more though

I got an email from Nintendo that states mewtwo is unlocked by registering both versions on club Nintendo.
So either they gone goofed, or that's how we'll be getting mewtwo (for Australia, at least, but I can't imagine them changing it for other countries)

I'm not terribly fond of Mewtwo, myself, but is there really any need to start dissing against characters you don't personally like, guys?

It's nice to see how many people are happy about him. That's going to help Nintendo not only sell more and get more people playing the game, but it's also going to stop a lot of people who were complaining about the lack of Mewtwo's inclusion. It's a win/win situation.

ok... i just watched the direct and these are my thoughts;

- what the **** why are ganondorf and ness already unlocked??? one thing i didn't like about the game was that there was only 10 or 12 (i forget how many) unlockable characters... and no they're lowering that amount even more for the wiiu version??? whyyyyyy what's the point i dont get it. if anything i want more characters to unlock, not more.
- can you do 8 player smash with 1 as you and the other 7 being CPU's? ok this was answered once i saw more LOL
- only 5 things in and wiiu version already looks a **** tonne better than the 3ds version LOL
- this guidance/chatter thing seems annoying but i'll hold off my judgement until i actually experience it myself
- Ridley looks so ugly
- new modes look good
- never cared about music in video games much but the music thing is cool
- its funny 'cause ive played like 30 mins of the 3ds version, and some of this "new" stuff they're showing was in brawl so im just like 'wtf this was already in the game' and its confusing me :(
- event mode looks good
- smash run on 3ds was boring from what i played, so here's hoping smash tour is better?? but it doesn't really look like it
- trophy display or w/e looked cute
- masterpieces looks cool but i doubt i'll use it much
- stage builder looks good
- mewtwo does not take like 5 months to complete ok
- where was the duck hunt dog trailer LOL

ok... i just watched the direct and these are my thoughts;

- what the **** why are ganondorf and ness already unlocked??? one thing i didn't like about the game was that there was only 10 or 12 (i forget how many) unlockable characters... and no they're lowering that amount even more for the wiiu version??? whyyyyyy what's the point i dont get it. if anything i want more characters to unlock, not more.
- can you do 8 player smash with 1 as you and the other 7 being CPU's? ok this was answered once i saw more LOL
- only 5 things in and wiiu version already looks a **** tonne better than the 3ds version LOL
- this guidance/chatter thing seems annoying but i'll hold off my judgement until i actually experience it myself
- Ridley looks so ugly
- new modes look good
- never cared about music in video games much but the music thing is cool
- its funny 'cause ive played like 30 mins of the 3ds version, and some of this "new" stuff they're showing was in brawl so im just like 'wtf this was already in the game' and its confusing me :(
- event mode looks good
- smash run on 3ds was boring from what i played, so here's hoping smash tour is better?? but it doesn't really look like it
- trophy display or w/e looked cute
- masterpieces looks cool but i doubt i'll use it much
- stage builder looks good
- mewtwo does not take like 5 months to complete ok
- where was the duck hunt dog trailer LOL
Okay go make Mewtwo for us in less than five months thank u

Last edited:
Ditto, ditto and ditto.

I know I keep talking about the DHD trailer but I really want to see it...
I wouldn't actually mind it ending with Mewtwo appearing rather than getting the announcement of Mewtwo on Thursday, it would've caused more hype. But that's just me being biased again. Ah well, I can dream.

I know I keep talking about the DHD trailer but I really want to see it...
I wouldn't actually mind it ending with Mewtwo appearing rather than getting the announcement of Mewtwo on Thursday, it would've caused more hype. But that's just me being biased again. Ah well, I can dream.
I want to see it, and I imagine a lot of people do too.

Okay go make Mewtwo for us in less than five months thank u

if I was Nintendo and had the tools/resources/whatever to do it I would LOL

tbh I'm not complaining because I love Mewtwo and I'm so happy he's in the game but if you can look me in the eye and tell me it takes 5 months to make Mewtwo then ok sure. But it does not take 5 months to make a new character. If it did, with 51 characters in the game, taking 5 months to complete each character, that would be a total of 225 months, or 21 1/4 years... Yeah I'm 100% sure they have not been working on the game for that long so don't try tell me it takes 5 months thank u

tbh I'm not complaining because I love Mewtwo and I'm so happy he's in the game but if you can look me in the eye and tell me it takes 5 months to make Mewtwo then ok sure. But it does not take 5 months to make a new character. If it did, with 51 characters in the game, taking 5 months to complete each character, that would be a total of 225 months, or 21 1/4 years... Yeah I'm 100% sure they have not been working on the game for that long so don't try tell me it takes 5 months thank u

But you forgot to take note that there are 17(or 18, if you count mewtwo, I for one thinks that s/he would get a new moveset), 3 of them are clones(Dark Pit, Lucina, Dr. Mario) and the Mii characters share some moves from other characters(Mii Gunner having Charge shot). Also take note that you have 64, Melee, and Brawl 's moveset to check, and they can just tweak from it and revamp more easily since they have a guideline.

And even though Smash is awesomely famous, you'll also have to consider the size of the development team, but then again they got Bandai-Namco.

But you got a point though, I think they're just hyping it up.

But you forgot to take note that there are 17(or 18, if you count mewtwo, I for one thinks that s/he would get a new moveset), 3 of them are clones(Dark Pit, Lucina, Dr. Mario) and the Mii characters share some moves from other characters(Mii Gunner having Charge shot). Also take note that you have 64, Melee, and Brawl 's moveset to check, and they can just tweak from it and revamp more easily since they have a guideline.

And even though Smash is awesomely famous, you'll also have to consider the size of the development team, but then again they got Bandai-Namco.

I know I was just being dumb with the whole 33252 years of development thing, my main point was that it wouldn't take that long to make Mewtwo, and as you said, they're simply hyping it up.

And if Mewtwo has a similar move set to Lucario/Greninja then I'll be disappointed (not b/cos of similar move set, idc about that, just b/cos of 5 months). If he does have a completely different and fresh move set then their 5 month "development" can be forgiven to an extent.

Exactly. They would have had different teams on different characters. Plus Sakurai said something about veterans being quicker to make or something.

Hyping up? Maybe, but Spring can be interpreted as Q1 which can be as early as January which is just over a month away.

Exactly. They would have had different teams on different characters. Plus Sakurai said something about veterans being quicker to make or something.

Hyping up? Maybe, but Spring can be interpreted as Q1 which can be as early as January which is just over a month away.

??????
1 month would be late November.... January is just over 2 months away. And January is winter, so no it prob won't happen in Jan, even tho I wish it would.

it's probably not even their top priority they might have just chucked it in as a teaser to keep you interested of the things to come

All the stuff they revealed makes me want the game more. I don't really have anything to say about Mewtwo. If anything, I wonder if there will be other dlc characters in the future? Would be great.

I am though excited for the new modes with Master Hand and Crazy Hand. And the event mode. This is going to be great.

??????
1 month would be late November.... January is just over 2 months away. And January is winter, so no it prob won't happen in Jan, even tho I wish it would.
I meant over two months bc that'd be January

Spring=Q1
Summer=Q2
Autumn=Q3
Winter=Q4

So yeah while very unlikely it could be out in January.... but if you were making Mewtwo you'd have it out earlier right?

Back