• Our Earth Week 2024 mini-event is scheduled to begin tonight featuring hybrid flower breeding and more -- stay tuned!

Calling to all Golden Sun players!

GuerreraD

I'm proud to have been a Crystal Baller
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Wallopoid
Will-o'-the-wisp Halloweaster Egg
Oarfish Head
Oarfish Tail
Silver Moon Jellyfish
Bee Plush
Clownfish Plush
Camp Bell Tree 2021 Patch
Pearl-Oyster Shell Plush
Dino Plush
Since Bell Tree doesn't allow me to close this thread, I'm recycling it :)

I few weeks ago started a new town based on another game I love dearly, Golden Sun. There are a few Weyards to dream about out there, but I visited and didn't really get any GS feeling. So I made my own, even if I know it's not perfect, and thus I'd like to hear your opinions, please!

HNI_0076.JPG Tret still has a lot to grow.
HNI_0074.JPG Could this be Tolbi's fountain?
HNI_0080.JPG Who remembers Suhalla Desert?
HNI_0079.JPG Welcome to Waters Rock!
HNI_0075.JPG A homeage to Shaman Village.

HNI_0066.JPG This is the mayor's house (no straw roof though).
HNI_0015.JPG And of course, said mayor is Kraden!
HNI_0065.JPG His lab is also his dear home.

HNI_0073.JPG This girl has a small side-quest.
HNI_0016.JPG Understandable, since those persimmons look so tempting...
HNI_0072.JPG Sometimes her two best friends spend the night.

HNI_0019.JPG Master Hama usually conceals her true feelings.
HNI_0084.JPG Lama Temple is good for relax and concentration.

HNI_0018.JPG Because all babies eventually grow and...
HNI_0087.JPG ... sneak inside Sun Temple to search for the Elemental Stars. The Wise One certainly does't look pleased!

Last edited:
-Friend
-No... I don't think
-No? If it's your friend's town, you won't control it unless she gives you the cartridge.
-She should keep her badges & encyclopedia.
-?

I'm actually doing this now!
To get Nela to move, it needs to be a new save file, you can't have her in an existing town. She will become the mayor. Once mayor, she cannot move to another town again. So far, my new mayor, Melody, came with her house furnishings and the items in her inventory. I never made her catch fish or bugs though so I'm unsure if they stay.

Edit;; Added things! SO FAR, I haven't tried it, but when I do, I'll test Melody going back to her old town, to see if villagers remember her. I dear say they will, just like they remember other visitors they've met, but I'm curious if they get any extra dialogue. I can keep you updated if you'd like :)

Last edited:
If Nela moves to friends town, who will control her? Me or friend? Friend
Can Nela become mayor if the principal character of the town leaves? No. The Mayor can't be deleted.
Will I have two towns to control then? No.
Will Nela retain what she accomplished in origin town, like bugs of fishes? Yes, probably
Can I dream Nela's new town from my original with another character? Probably.

If Nela moves to friends town, who will control her? Me or friend? Only new towns can be created from non-mayor characters. No transfers.
Can Nela become mayor if the principal character of the town leaves? If the original mayor leaves, that means the entire town is erased, there is not way to oust the main file without destroying the entire town.
Will I have two towns to control then? Well, yes.
Will Nela retain what she accomplished in origin town, like bugs of fishes? I'm not sure.
Can I dream Nela's new town from my original with another character? Yes, you can.

I daresay this may have already been said, but from what I can gather about my three characters, I don't think the Mayor can actually move towns. I once tried the Demolish my house button just to see what would happen and Isabelle went into a full blown lecture about how I'd have to erase the entire town. Also, there's no moving option.

So basically, only a non-Mayor can move. I'm pretty sure you also have to move them into an existing town (i.e. you can't move them into a new town and make them the Mayor.) I'm not 100% on this last point, though. I've never tried it (I only have one game card and one 3DS and I intend on keeping it that way), but that is just based on some experimenting in ACWW.

If you move a resident, you are essentially destroying your current town and will be making a new one. You will start with the same appearance as you last left them with, and name also. A resident cannot move without the town being destroyed if you plan on playing the same copy of the game, so you cannot take the place of another mayor because they would have to destroy the town in order to leave. Otherwise it is a brand new town. I actually did this and that's all that really happened. You cannot have more than one town on one cartridge or digital download. Yes, people either are erasing, or buying multiple games to have more than one town. Many people do this.

http://m.ign.com/wikis/animal-crossing-new-leaf/How_to_Move_to_Another_Town

This is what I read before doing it myself earlier this year. Some things I forgot are mentioned there. You keep your house and such. If you move a resident, they become mayor of a new town. Still, what I said before still stands, you can't replace an existing mayor. Edited to fix some things that were incorrect, you cannot move mayors! Only residents! Anyway I made a resident, fixed their appearance up and then moved them out with this method.

Last edited:
Thank you a lot for your answers to all of you, people! :)

... Now how do I close this thread? :confused: The "admin" label doesn't appear like usually.

Last edited:
never played golden sun but i can clearly see from the screenshots that your town is lovely and there's a lot of passion and thought behind it! is the address in your signature the address for your golden sun town?

That's... so nice of you! :blush: Yes, you're right about me putting a lot of effort into this. Of course, the game has limitations, but I tried my best to recreate something akin to Golden Sun.
No, the address in my signature is from my main/original town. The Golden Sun one is 6F00-003B-BF5F.

*screams* Golden Sun!!! This is a fantastic idea. I love the idea of the Trent being the town tree. The fact that you made the villagers supporting characters is subtle and so nostalgic. I'm going to dream this as soon as I can.

I've never heard of Golden Sun either, but your images actually make me want to look it up! I had no idea something as big as the sphinx PWP could fit in that part of the map. It fits really snuggly in there, from the looks of the image.

Golden Sun I&II are games for GBAdvance, and they are much greater than I could show with this town! :D Absolutely the best RPG I ever played for sure.
I enjoyed the third part too, Dark Dawn for DS, but... that game didn't really get good critiques, and apparently disappointed a lot of players.

Aww... Golden Sun. It is a great game. I only played the first one though. My town flag has the wind djinn on it.

Back