Gift exchange / secret Santa ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miaandmia

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
I know it's nowhere near Christmas ( to me ). But I was wondering how come no one on here does gift exchanges or secrete santas , I mean you could do a raffle they'll pm you your secret person on the date assigned you could all meet up in someone's town and exchange presents Mabey it's only me but I think it'd be fun, so I was wondering would anyone accutally participate if enough people do Mabey it could happen ( Mabey just mabey )......

Someone did this before, I participated in it. I believe we were all PM'd the users name we had to get a gift for and if you wanted to participate you were allowed to make a short wish list, under a certain amount iirc.

I know that this has been done before. One thing led to another and it actually bombed. We'll see what will happen though, Christmas is right around the corner.

This would be a great idea! :eek: I'd love to participate in one if we decide to do one.
I love doing these IRL too so it's a yes from me <3

I would love to participate in a Secret Santa but I understand the amount of planning and implementing would be quite an undertaking. Maybe a Christmas/holiday card exchange so its more about seasongs greetings rather that gift giving/receiving. If anyone decides to do this, drop me a VM :)

I would love to participate in a Secret Santa but I understand the amount of planning and implementing would be quite an undertaking. Maybe a Christmas/holiday card exchange so its more about seasongs greetings rather that gift giving/receiving. If anyone decides to do this, drop me a VM :)

I like your idea even better....sending greeting cards is easier on the budget.

I don't think there has been a sitewite SS, but there are users who've done or hosted their own in the past. :)

Ok I was just wondering because my friend wanted to try it with me.

- - - Post Merge - - -

That is a great idea.

Last edited:
We had one in our Mumble/IRC community last year! Wasn't an official site thing though. I don't think we would ever do that as the logistical problems aren't worth it, but you are more than welcome to organize your own on here!

I've organized these on another forum but I don't think they're encouraged here. I spoke to one of the mods about an art exchange (that would basically be under the same principle) and was told that this type of thing can be done privately but shouldn't be done on the forum because of liability and the amount of members who are minors here. :D

I'd be happy to help if something site-wide is allowed to be organized. I think it's really cool to do secret swaps and be in contact with people from all over! :blush:

I've organized these on another forum but I don't think they're encouraged here. I spoke to one of the mods about an art exchange (that would basically be under the same principle) and was told that this type of thing can be done privately but shouldn't be done on the forum because of liability and the amount of members who are minors here. :D

I'd be happy to help if something site-wide is allowed to be organized. I think it's really cool to do secret swaps and be in contact with people from all over! :blush:

This is exactly why we've never authorised it. I too would love to do a secret santa publicly on the forum but it would have to be so heavily moderated that it probably isn't worth being public. The only way I'd authorise people into the secret santa personally is if I knew them and knew they were both of age and trustworthy.

Plus you run into the issue of people saying they'll participate and then not actually sending anything out. You need to make sure you can trust people to stick to their word otherwise we'll have other members who are let down about not receiving anything.

Our private one within our Mumble community last year worked fabulously well, but that's because we were all close friends.

Last edited:
The more I think about this, the less I am open to this...for the very reason that there are minors here. My concern would be minors giving out personal information....actually I have that concern for everyone, but especially minors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back