• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mafia [unoffical] Madoka Magica Mafia (MAFIA WINS!)

Shooting ryan is very risky since we cant tell if he is town or scum tbh

@Tom:

Why do you think that the choice of gunning me was so that I'd shoot and misfire at Yui-Z, and yet later you go on to say that she's probably mafia and you believe that she truly slipped?

There little to go on with Ryan88, and so it's really dark if one decides to shoot at him this early on. But this game has been going for a while and he has said nearly nothing of substance. I think that he could be mafia, but if he is it will probably come to light if you keep calling him out to post - I'd rather not sacrifice him with the notion that he might get the gun if I'm wrong, too. He's a dangerous player in this game, although the same can be said for Mahou.

Mahou has posted on Ashtot's profile but never looked back into this game. I think there's definitely something to what NikkiNikki said about her and after looking into everything about Nub Mafia III, her behavior matches her behavior there, although I think she was a little more active in that game when people raised their suspicions on her. That being said, she's only been in one game before this one, and she was mafia in that game. We don't know her town playstyle.

Truffle is indeed being unusually aggressive (if you get shot, you're not going to die, so what's upsetting you so much?), and I'm starting to become a little more suspicious about Ashtot again.

My revised list at this point is probably this:

-Mahou
-Ashtot?
-Truffles? Compare Yui-Z's reaction to me wanting her to get shot and me bringing up that Truffle is on my target list.
-Cariad? Waiting for her to come around tbh, I'm not sold since her intentions seem a little more townish. But she has some posting to do.
-Others could be people that haven't slipped yet, are blending in well with their activity, and trying to be townish without overdoing it. I'm 100% sure at least one of the mafia is amongst those people. But that's not helpful.

Either way, the new addition to my list is Ashtot. I want him to talk. He really comes off as wanting to take that risk, wants me to think that I shouldn't underestimate him, and was the first person to bring up the whole reverse-psychology decision on that mafia's part.

To be honest, my best guess as to why mafia gunned me is because I'd be more dangerous if kept around and then given the gun later in the game, and there's more of a chance for me to misfire since it's early on. Pay attention to people that are trying to encourage self-doubt for me.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Cory, I've been seeing you lurk more than once. Speak up as well.

- - - Post Merge - - -

sacrifice myself with the notion*

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also Tom I'd like to hear you go a little more in depth about Truffle in particular. I never really responded to him about this, but when I was talking about 'quality of his posts' I wasn't saying 'they're bad' I was saying 'there's something about them that doesn't sit right with me but I can't sniff it out'. If anyone else can, I'd like to hear what they have to say.

ITookYourWaffles, since you're lingering I'll ask you why you said this:

Uhhh is that all you can see? Read the gunbearer role if he shoots a townie then he is dead so what if the inactive player is townie

- - - Post Merge - - -

*say

- - - Post Merge - - -

If thats what I understand correctly bah it's kinda confusing

Before you said this:

Gunbearer still confuse me a bit

You explained it to Ryan pretty well, so what about gunbearer isn't clear to you? Do you really not understand how it works at this point?

So I have only one player that think is scum
Ashton
Call it a gut felling but I was worried about him from the start
Blue-rose summed up everything about Ashton in her post but even before he stated making no sense (and that's coming form me) I just had a bad felling so yeah

Karen - http://www.belltreeforums.com/showthread.php?232661-unoffical-Madoka-Magica-Mafia-(DAY-2)&p=4029907&viewfull=1#post4029907]This post is something that's important to look back to if somebody like Truffles flips town. She mentioned that truffles never acted aggressive as town, but in mafia VII, they seemed pretty aggressive. So using that as a part of your argument that Truffles is acting scummy is going to far, just like with the reverse psychology with Blu. It could be foolish of me to townread you just based on this, but you seemed authentic when you said I was dead wrong about you getting shot and Crystal dying because of it. That aside, you could still be scum despite this.

Tom - has stepped up to the plate and made meaningful posts and still offers to be shot at, but does that really make him townish? No. However, I'm not ready to shoot at him yet.

Ryan88 - I've explained how I felt about him above in my last post.

Crazy-Gamer - it's gut, but I get town vibes based on personality and her not acting like she did in Nub II.

Ashtot and Cory - both are almost trolling this game tbh, Ashtot to a less extent. My suspicions on him were built by Toms, I'll admit, but I still stand by what I said when I think he's capable of taking the risk. He likes those.

Cariad - Not enough reason to shoot her yet, but I expect more activity from her.

NikkiNikki - gave me some great insight on how Mahou acted as scum in Nub III, so I'm thankful for that and have handed out a free townread to her at the moment. But maybe I shouldn't? She's quite capable of playing helpful when maf, as I also noticed in Nub III.

Blu Rose - I take back townreading them after being gunned, and don't townread them despite a long post with decent thought. They were willing to be shot at but they also were like 'please do something else though'.

Yui-Z - I want to believe that she's taking the risk that Tom suspects she is taking just yet, and obviously it could have been a reason why I was gunned, although I don't really think it was the primary reason.

The above won't be shot at me unless something extremely significant comes up by the time I wake up and make my shot. The below are the three targets.

Mahoushojo - Don't want her to have the gun if she's town because she's super inactive and doesn't read into things like she claims she will. But the similarities of this game and Nub III regarding her are pretty significant in my eyes.

Truffles - while I think they were aggressive in past games, their anger in me targeting them was pretty strong, and there was definitely no reason. That makes me think they don't want to get shot. And if I'm wrong in making a shot at them? Well a person with heavy debate surrounding them will be cleared, and they seem active at least.

ITookYourWaffles - it'd be somewhat of a yoloshot, but this person just seems so uninvolved with everyone but the inactives, and I don't think the confusion is genuine because they know better than to not read and understand. And if I'm wrong? A person who at the moment is neutral might not be a bad gunbearer.

I'm thinking about Truffle in HP mafia. I don't remember playing any other games with Truffle but I could be wrong, that game sticks out to me the most though
(he was confirmed townie though so it could be different)

You only live once. It's true. Probably going to die, R.I.P. me.

#Shoot: ITookYourWaffles

If you want to know why I chose this one out of the three, it was because Mahou doesn't deserve the gun and could just get modkilled anyways (if she becomes active again, get critical with her), and Truffles was just...the other choice. I definitely think they could be maf if Waffles flips town and becomes gunbearer, based on my own readings and the others people made.

And like always, I reaction tested people (Yui-z and my first gunbearer list), so if it looks like I was pulling stuff out of my ass, I was.

Day 3
my stomach hurts too much so no banner and flavor text because honestly who cares anymore
Dad shoots ITookYourWaffles!
Dad has died.
ITookYourWaffles is the new gunbearer.
They have until October 25th, 11PM PST to shoot.​

Last edited:
At this point in time I'm trying to figure out why Mafia chose Dad as the gun bearer. It seems an interesting choice to jump from Crystal to Dad and frankly I'm not sure why they chose him. He is a strong player, so if he shoots correctly then he gets to stay in the game - makes me think that Mafia are confident that he'll shoot incorrectly.

Looking at Dad's main posts before Mafia chose the gun bearer, he scum read me and Yui Z. I know that I'm a townie, so for that reason I'm going to temporarily assume that Yui Z is also a townie.
On the other hand, he "town read?:

-Tom (capable of taking the risk)(not a townread just yet)
-Ashtot (capable of taking the risk)(not a townread just yet, but a little more of a townread than Tom is)
-Blu Rose (do not see them as capable of taking the risk if they are mafia)(townread because of this)
-Cory (do not see them as capable of taking the risk if they are mafia)(townread because of this, and another detail I'll explain in the last section)
-Yui (alludes) (capable of taking the risk - but continually says that she genuinely doesn't want the gun even though she hardclaimed townie)(not a townread)

Confused

-waffles (genuine)(townread to a certain extent, but not a complete townread)
-NikkiNikki (unsure of her confusion being genuine, might add more to this later on by quoting it)
-CrazyGamer (genuine) - usually piggybacks on people/bandwagons, and that means her scum team if she's on it. I haven't forgotten about Nub Mafia 2. (townread with a grain of salt - keep an eye on her, since it's easy to see when she slips up)

So imo it?s pretty obvious that theres at least 2 mafia on this townread list. Personally, I have GUT FEELINGS about CrazyGamer (reason stated in my previous post), Cariad (not mentioned on this townread list but my reason is stated in a previous post), Ashtot, NikkiNikki, Waffles. I can imagine Ashtot taunting us to shoot him to make him seem like town and on the other than I would also believe he?s just trolling for the gun so I?m on the fence about him. I like the contradiction that someone bought up about Waffles. I?d like to bring up NikkiNikki who was pointing out stuff about Mahoushoujo earlier today, not really contributing anything to the thread. In general when (I play) as mafia I don?t really put much quality input in the thread in case I get picked out for contributing to the death of a town player. Instead I try to pick on other people to make it seem like I?m actively observing etc. For this reason I am mildly suspicious of both Nikki and Truffle.

Just to add, I?m also surprised that Mafia didn?t make Truffle (or me) the gun bearer. I?m pretty sure we would have shot each other given the gun. Cuz lets be honest. I was on the verge of death yesterday and it would have been easy for someone to shoot me. For this reason, I?m thinking that maybe the reason why Truffle didn?t become the bearer is simply because he can?t (SCUM). I?m still not sure about Truffle but I?m observing him closely.

- - - Post Merge - - -

omg too late

I'm sorry I wasnt here yesterday - was busy - but putting me on your list to shoot for choosing cory (an apparently easy target who I am sums of but not so much now) then saying that you are on edge about cory (saying that you might shoot him)... Sorry but that's a bit hypocritical/controversial (sorry I don't the word but you see what I mean)

At the moment I'm thinking Truffle, Karen's reasons above have really proved that he should be shot tbh

You know what? I think I've figured out what's sticking out to me about Truffle.

He isn't usually this aggressive. I've played with him before (when he was town) and his tone was different. He seems more forceful in this game.

Maybe it's because I'm calling him out on a gut feeling or idk. How many times have I told you, Truffle, that I just have a gut feeling and no real evidence or anything...yet you keep saying you want evidence..,like that doesn't make sense to me. 1) I haven't made a long post against you 2) I haven't even officially said that I believe you are scum

- - - Post Merge - - -

This gives me a weird feeling bcuz the entire post is absolutely (filled with nothing) and its like a placeholder so that he isn't classified as inactive

This gives me a weird feeling too. Notice the similarity between the first sentence of both Crazy and Cariad. I think at this point Cory is town on my list, I'm not getting any scummy vibes from him (but I do remember that he's usually scummy when he's town and vice versa so we will have to see about that). In any case Cariad is going for a generally easy target given Cory's reputation in mafia games.

- - - Post Merge - - -

*the similarity between their posts where they say something like "oh so Crystal has the gun?"

Well it was a place holder so that I don't get modkilled wall I'm reading the everything else so your right
Yeah

You know what? I think I've figured out what's sticking out to me about Truffle.

He isn't usually this aggressive. I've played with him before (when he was town) and his tone was different. He seems more forceful in this game.

Maybe it's because I'm calling him out on a gut feeling or idk. How many times have I told you, Truffle, that I just have a gut feeling and no real evidence or anything...yet you keep saying you want evidence..,like that doesn't make sense to me. 1) I haven't made a long post against you 2) I haven't even officially said that I believe you are scum

I'm not usually this aggressive? Do you remember me in Mafia VII where I was really salty/aggressive with my posts. I was townie and most of my suspicions turned out to be right - except for the first day lynch. Let me dig up a few posts.

Lmfao! Are you trolling or are you actually this dumb? All you said was that I acted like you in another game, pulled a quote out of your butt, and voted for me to be lynched. You're an idiot, Kuma.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Oh, and on top of that you said it was a "town quality" you had in a previous game. Your post makes less sense than mine. I don't know why you think I'm stupid when clearly you're stupider.

It's extremely funny that you say this when you're the one not looking for mafia players. You keep on saying that you've suspected players who have turned out to be mafia, but you never actually post it. Instead you only post on here when your name is thrown on the thread. (Or in the case where you defended Jer. No, I'm not going to drop it.) Also, Oath and I worked on the Cory lynch together whereas you and Oath just "suspected" one of these three people and they turned out to be red. So what? I can suspect everyone in who is alive in this thread to be mafia and I'll be right about three of them. It's also interesting that you haven't mentioned the third person you guys suspected. I'm smelling bull****, and I don't like it.

- - - Post Merge - - -

You keep using the same claim that my points are invalid because I'm acting salty. Post some actual counterevidence pls.

Truffle said:
Cry about it. Don't sign up for as many games if it's going to take away from your posting.

I'm thinking about Truffle in HP mafia. I don't remember playing any other games with Truffle but I could be wrong, that game sticks out to me the most though
(he was confirmed townie though so it could be different)

Exactly, I was confirmed townie and didn't get a chance to bring out my salty side because of the double-modkill accident where I posted a screenshot of Kayla admitting to being scum.

As for the only other game I've played: A quick mini-game hosted by Tom. I was also fairly aggressive & town. I attacked over half of the players in the thread publicly. An example of one of my posts:

Basically you screwed yourself. You guys deserve scummies for worst mafia duo.

Alise & VD are scum, lynch Alise first.

----------------
Your reasoning is complete BS. The only reason why I wasn't given the gun is because I would shoot you and you're 95% likely to be mafia.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm sorry I wasnt here yesterday - was busy - but putting me on your list to shoot for choosing cory (an apparently easy target who I am sums of but not so much now) then saying that you are on edge about cory (saying that you might shoot him)... Sorry but that's a bit hypocritical/controversial (sorry I don't the word but you see what I mean)

At the moment I'm thinking Truffle, Karen's reasons above have really proved that he should be shot tbh

Which reasons exactly & why do you agree? It sounds like you're just trying to pick the "easiest" target without actually having to take the time to post some detailed thoughts.

I'm sorry but if my thoughts are always on the easiest target I wouldn't pick you. I'm just saying what I think ok.

Just to add, I’m also surprised that Mafia didn’t make Truffle (or me) the gun bearer. I’m pretty sure we would have shot each other given the gun. Cuz lets be honest. I was on the verge of death yesterday and it would have been easy for someone to shoot me. For this reason, I’m thinking that maybe the reason why Truffle didn’t become the bearer is simply because he can’t (SCUM). I’m still not sure about Truffle but I’m observing him closely.

It was that that made me think, but upon reading again, this could be applied to anyone really.

Okay I admit this is part of my plan sorry papa :p laughing rn because I can't believe it work, the confusing part is obviously not a genuine peace yo!

Now you mention it Karen is good at framing can't tell if Truffle is trolling or what
Truffle hmmm now I can't tell if he is a scum or not so I'm going to read all first before I shoot someone also its really hard to tell if they are scum/town ------------------> ryan/crazy-gamer/majo

@ITYW - Going to wait for your post (assuming that you're making one - I see you here in the thread). However, just a few responses to what you said in the thread concerning me.

Tbh I'm more of suspicious on Natty/Truffle tbh if you guys dunno why heres the reason

> Natty suddenly leaves the game and Truffle joins the game
I already discussed why this isn't really good reasoning. I see what you're getting at, but it's not really evidence that proves anything.
> Always agreeing with Dad (I think you can do better than that)
I agreed with two things he said. I've also explicitly said what I've disagreed with, and I think that he took the "backpacking" thing way too far.
> Called Karen but failed
Where have I failed? I'm still arguing & feel like she's mafia. Her posts make no sense at all.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Okay I admit this is part of my plan sorry papa :p laughing rn because I can't believe it work, the confusing part is obviously not a genuine peace yo!

Part of your plan was to get a townie killed for no logical reason when he could have shot mafia instead? Great plan 10/10.

ITookYourWaffles said:
Now you mention it Karen is good at framing can't tell if Truffle is trolling or what

Where am I trolling? o_O

ITookYourWaffles said:
Truffle hmmm now I can't tell if he is a scum or not so I'm going to read all first before I shoot someone also its really hard to tell if they are scum/town ------------------> ryan/crazy-gamer/majo

Once you read, please post your thoughts before shooting so we can discuss things in the thread.

So much typos sorry

@ITYW - Going to wait for your post (assuming that you're making one - I see you here in the thread). However, just a few responses to what you said in the thread concerning me.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Part of your plan was to get a townie killed for no logical reason when he could have shot mafia instead? Great plan 10/10.
It was a huge disaster tbh that dad shoot me I already said in day 1 not to shoot me

Where am I trolling? o_O
whoops what I mean was I cant tell if you're innocent or not

Once you read, please post your thoughts before shooting so we can discuss things in the thread.

We should discuss more in the thread before I shoot especially the Natty/Truffle thing since this really concerns me

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'm calling the inactive/lurking players to pls give opinions

- - - Post Merge - - -

It was a huge disaster tbh that dad shoot me I already said in day 1 not to shoot me
My plan was crystal to noobs to shoot me

- - - Post Merge - - -

*or not to

You're making no sense. Why did you want Dad to shoot you? Are you just bored and want power? You're making awful decisions and it's costing town the game. If you want, just shoot me right now so I can follow through with getting rid of Karen and her scum buddies.

whoops what I mean was I cant tell if you're innocent or not

Mmk. -_-

We should discuss more in the thread before I shoot especially the Natty/Truffle thing since this really concerns me

You still can't get over the fact that I replaced Natty?

- - - Post Merge - - -

My plan was Crystal to noobs to shoot me

This makes no sense. English please.

My native is not English tbh :rolleyes:

Day 1
> Crystal is a gunbearer
> Was thinking something in order to be a gunbearer because I don't think Crystal can shoot a scum maybe will just yolo
> still continue this till a noob shoots me

Day 2-3
> still pretends to be confused
> Dad is gunbearer which is good but hoping i wont be called
> OHHHH **** wtf he made me a gunbearer
> laughs but sux that he is out in the game

My native is not English tbh :rolleyes:

Ah, sorry about that. Didn't know. Unfortunately your post made no sense to me.

Day 1
> Crystal is a gunbearer
> Was thinking something in order to be a gunbearer because I don't think Crystal can shoot a scum maybe will just yolo
> still continue this till a noob shoots me

Day 2-3
> still pretends to be confused
> Dad is gunbearer which is good but hoping i wont be called
> OHHHH **** wtf he made me a gunbearer
> laughs but sux that he is out in the game[/QUOTE]

So your plan was to get shot? Still don't understand why, but alright. What do you plan on doing now that you are the gunbearer?

Back