• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mafia [unoffical] Madoka Magica Mafia (MAFIA WINS!)

-Truffle - you backpacked on my reads yesterday and were neither townread or scumread by me on my list, and with the other factors of the quality of your posts (especially when you are continually going after Karen), along with Natty dropping out, I think you'd make a great choice. If I'm wrong, you wouldn't be a terrible gunbearer.

Please give me reasons not to shoot you. Al of you I listed.

I'll leave the inactives alone since they're pretty modkill prone, although if they're mafia that'd be less likely.

You have 15 hours before I make my #shot and alert tsundere on skype that I made it (she told me to). Somebody will be shot.

Mafia isn't a ****ing role play.

Don't really feel like sucking up to you just so you won't target me.

That power trip. Don't get all high and mighty just because I agreed with two points you made. You're going to end up looking like a fool if you shoot me and you end up dead as a result. I think it's a bad enough decision on your part that you're willing to clear Karen so easily. Care to elaborate on the "quality of my posts"?

Figured this is worth a mention. Karen dropped out of TBT Mafia X. She was a townie and needed a replacement. Poor logic in considering me as a candidate.

So somebody thinks I'm scum because they have a gut felling
And everybody else thinks I'm too inactive?
Same game as always =/

Seriously what do you expect?._. you hardly contribute, from all the games i seen you played you are still doing the same thing. if you change your play style and contribute then things will be different.

Seriously what do you expect?._. you hardly contribute, from all the games i seen you played you are still doing the same thing. if you change your play style and contribute then things will be different.

Yeah I know I'm trying but is hard to shake off this "noob who piggybacks on everything" thing off me
But hey I get better someday

Yes, I do lurk an awful lot, I agree.

However, I was reading, and will make a post whenever my mother lets me back on la computadora de la familia.

I was in the middle of one when she kicked me off...

@Truffle: It's not such a powertrip when they gun you early in the game - it's more likely you're going to miss, and they want me to do just that.

Hmm, so I certainly think there's something to Mahou now that I'm reading through the nub game and the scum chat of it. Similar style, hesitant to give her opinion on things but gives us the illusion that she's eventually going to What have you to say for yourself in this regard, Mahou?

Trying
Not really doing a good job

You've said this in every single game you've been in (quite a few now) and you still haven't learned that it just takes a few minutes of reading. This makes you the most distracting person in this game, alongside Ryan. One way to practice not bandwagoning is to tell yourself 'I'm going to convince myself as to who scum might be, not let somebody else convince me'. Try that please.

You've said this in every single game you've been in (quite a few now) and you still haven't learned that it just takes a few minutes of reading. This makes you the most distracting person in this game, alongside Ryan. One way to practice not bandwagoning is to tell yourself 'I'm going to convince myself as to who scum might be, not let somebody else convince me'. Try that please.

Yeah but the problem is that they don't convince me most of the time is somebody who say nearly the same I was thinking SO WHATS THE FILPING POINT!
I'm going to go kick something now

Trying
Not really doing a good job

I am having a Gut feeling that you could be mafia, reason 1. Hardly is contributing, 2. Playing the noob card. I am sorry, but the whole noob card doesn't work on me/make believe that you are town. You have to put some more work to this because if i recall you have been in many mafia games and I don't understand the whole "ill get better some day". How are you going to get better if you are not doing anything?._. either way my gut tells me you are scum

You can't have thought of every single opinion everyone in a game has said before they actually did. You're being convinced. Try finding something you disagree with.

I am having a Gut feeling that you could be mafia, reason 1. Hardly is contributing, 2. Playing the noob card. I am sorry, but the whole noob card doesn't work on me/make believe that you are town. You have to put some more work to this because if i recall you have been in many mafia games and I don't understand the whole "ill get better some day". How are you going to get better if you are not doing anything?._. either way my gut tells me you are scum

Ok 1. Wouldn't be mafia wound like to be active in a game like this? Trying to get the gun bearer to shoot one of the towns
2. I'm not playing the noob card I have been in a LOT of mafia games I'm just really really bad at them that does not excuse anything that I say that sounds like scum I'm just saying it
3. I FOGOT ABUT THIS GAME I'm sorry that I did that but I have read everything and I'm trying my best to say something that does not sounding like piggybacking
So we cool? We cool

Ok 1. Wouldn't be mafia wound like to be active in a game like this? Trying to get the gun bearer to shoot one of the towns
2. I'm not playing the noob card I have been in a LOT of mafia games I'm just really really bad at them that does not excuse anything that I say that sounds like scum I'm just saying it
3. I FOGOT ABUT THIS GAME I'm sorry that I did that but I have read everything and I'm trying my best to say something that does not sounding like piggybacking
So we cool? We cool

No, we aint gucci yet. First of all by noob card I meant to as you have been doing the same thing in previous games like not doing much and disappearing. Also same old playing style, so to me you are still a noob until you change a bit and start doing something. Second of all, its okay that you "forgot the game", but man JUST SAY YOUR OPINION! and what you have concluded, the piggy backing happens but it shouldn't stop you from saying of what you think.

- - - Post Merge - - -

i was p busy the day mafia started sorry and i need to read whats happening rn, is it a debate?

More of an argument...probably word it wrong, but still by the time you post something saying "reading blah blah" you could say who you got reads on, you know?

-Yui-z - I would shoot you if I decided this could be reverse psychology. Is it not?

Well, at least I can drop my secret thoughts that you might possibly be mafia, heh. I'm slightly confused at what you're getting at here though, just saying.

I don't know if mafia are trying to make me look even worse by giving you the gun, or what, but can I just point out that I'm not big on taking risks unless absolutely necessary. A lot of people know that about me. In this case, letting my scum mates give the gun to the person who wanted me dead from the start of the game would've been the last thing I'd want to do.

Reverse psychology? Something tells me that the reason you got the gun was to make me look bad in order to get rid of you more easily.

This is all I can really say about it. I don't want the pressure of having the gun because I haven't actually been able to gather my thoughts on everyone just yet, so I have hardly any idea of who to trust. If you're looking for a reason there, that is.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I knew it.

Also, will you quit trying to get yourself shot to get the gun by posting one-liners already??

- - - Post Merge - - -

Anyway, there. I'll look back through the thread and hopefully be able to come up with something decent for tomorrow/later.

You know what? I think I've figured out what's sticking out to me about Truffle.

He isn't usually this aggressive. I've played with him before (when he was town) and his tone was different. He seems more forceful in this game.

Maybe it's because I'm calling him out on a gut feeling or idk. How many times have I told you, Truffle, that I just have a gut feeling and no real evidence or anything...yet you keep saying you want evidence..,like that doesn't make sense to me. 1) I haven't made a long post against you 2) I haven't even officially said that I believe you are scum

- - - Post Merge - - -

So Crystal got a the gun?
Well I guess I trust with one in real life so lets hope this turns out well

This gives me a weird feeling bcuz the entire post is absolutely (filled with nothing) and its like a placeholder so that he isn't classified as inactive

Hello, I'm here.

From what I've seen, Crystal is gun bearer and we're telling her who to shoot.

I think we should shoot maybe Cory. His cockiness before the game and constant messing about seems to me that he's Mafia.

This gives me a weird feeling too. Notice the similarity between the first sentence of both Crazy and Cariad. I think at this point Cory is town on my list, I'm not getting any scummy vibes from him (but I do remember that he's usually scummy when he's town and vice versa so we will have to see about that). In any case Cariad is going for a generally easy target given Cory's reputation in mafia games.

- - - Post Merge - - -

*the similarity between their posts where they say something like "oh so Crystal has the gun?"

My mom is meaaaaannnnnn

Here we go, going to try to write out posts on the players...

Natty/Truffle:

I see a person trying to help here, not using "Minties' Mafia playstyle" (or Oath's old Mafia playstyle--you choose, they both acted nice)
I still don't see how Truffle has rubbed Karen the wrong way. I just don't see anything that would set an alarm off in anyone.
Also, her post on Ryan88 I can't help but agree with, if it amounts to anything...

Mahoushojo:

Almost tempted to say Mafia hiding behind inactive card. However, I don't have anything as for a read on this...

Tom:

Crystal is confirmed town yes. Which means we have to figure out which five of the rest of us is scum.

I'm curious about this.
The rest of us? Or the rest of y'all?

Tom hasn't really contributed anything yet, only something unnecessary or kind of obvious, as is the example below.
Honestly we might just be better off going one of two ways today: Shooting a strong player we perceive as a threat or shoot someone likely to hide in the shadows. If we misfire with a strong player, then we at least know they aren't a threat but we lose Crystal. If we misfire with a weak or inactive player, we lose Crystal but the same idea applies. Even better if we strike mafia, but we'll just have to hope for the best.

I'm not opposed to getting shot if you truly want me to be the next Gunbearer, but I do think we should discuss matters a bit more before deciding a verdict.
As I'm understanding this post, it's:

We have two options that I see would be good:

Shoot a strong player IF we think s/he can be a threat, or
Shoot an inactive.
However, we'll lose Crystal if they turn out to be Town.

Oh, and if you want me to be next gunbearer, then by all means go ahead. BUT, I think we should talk this over more to decide on a "better" candidate.
So yeah.

Tom raises red flags for me, when the above post of his is coupled with his semi-inactiveness.

Dad:

Townie, so... yeah.

However, I think that the original reason he called Yui out for pre-game was bad...

I think you're trying too hard to towntell before the game has even started by saying something like that.
Even if the post was 100% serious, what's so bad about saying what you would do if you were Mafia? Just sayin'.
I also don't see how it was a pre-game scum slip...

Either way, as her defense unfurled, I now also support a Yui-Z shot.

sorry

Cariad:

I think that s/he has made a neat observation.

ok sure.

For starters, cory has posted 21 times on this thread, 10 of which contain the word weeaboo, and is themed to do with that word.
This is the only bit of 'contribution' cory has posted, and it is basically the same thing both times.

These three posts are all agreeing with someone else, mostly Ashtot. Can't he think of something himself to say?

He has posted, but none to our help. Most of which is spam or off topic.

However, this is really all.
Nothing really helpful, Cory is a fairly easy target to call out as Mafia for spam... it seems to always be his playstyle, whether Town or Mafia.

Cory:

All the spam tho holy cow

i dont trust u tbh

^In reply to Dad saying "Give me the gun I don't trust anyone on this list with it."
Is it because he might think that some scum might be discovered due to Dad's sniping?
I'm probably looking too much into this...

ITookYourWaffles:
Just one thing, I can't really get anything on Waffles:

From what I understand clearly is the gunbears gives the gun. We will get a notification from the host if you get the gun right? Whoever receives the gun think carefully try to search how the player plays the gameyou may listen to the player, make desicions or just yolo using random org... (lol kidding)
I don't wanna be a gunbearer tbh even Tom suggested it (unless im mistaken) if you want to take a risk then go ahead just shoot Tom not me not a worthy to be a gunbearer tbh.
- - - Post Merge - - -

Hmm... I thought its a weeaboo game where you can troll and distract the game but eh w/e
Shows unwillingness to be the gunbearer, which could mean that he just doesn't want to get shot. But the same could be pointed out of me...

Karen:

Logically what yui said made sense but it seems out of character for her to say that idk gut feeling

I just think this is entirely normal.
I get gut feelings too, and I tend to trust them also.

I believe that the only reason she was really stressing on the fact that she has a gut feeling on this is due to the fact that people kept on pushing her for logical reasoning. I mean, really? She states that she has a gut feeling, and so we all start questioning her over whether she can provide actual logic or not?

Crystal:

R.I.P. EVEN IF YOU WASTED A DAY FFS

NikkiNikki:

Has a gut feeling on Crazy, which, quite frankly, I understand. I kind of have one too, but I haven't played enough games with Nikki to actually get used to the feels of playing with them, but yeah.

Ryan88:

inactive as usualll *sobssss*

Crazy-Gamer:

inactive as usualll *sobssss*
I kind of have a gut feeling on Crazy-Gamer, but not much to be considered. I'm personally not worried about him/her--yet.

Blu Rose:
Me: Yay meeeeeeeee
I claim to be unshootable lol

Yui-Z:

Now, I think that the original "pointing out" (for lack of a better word/phrase) that Dad made against her was made badly, but as her defense unfurled, I now think differently...

Ashtot:

I think Ashtot might be saying some things along the lines of "shoot me pls" because he's lying--one of my favorite books states that "The best way to lie is include a little of the truth." I personally really believe in that.

If I get the gun I'm shooting you, dad.

^Was this referencing something?^
Either way, I don't think that he would make a blatant mistake like that...

Pre-game scum slip.

I'm still wondering why the heck he said this. To convince someone of something?

lol you want to be shot just for the gun? Ok don't shoot Ashton because then we're basically losing a day/townie for no reason

- - - Post Merge - - -

Ashtot*

This might be a cover-up for a scum-mate, if Karen turns out to be scum, then I would gun down Ashtot next...

I knew it.

Can someone, particularly Ashtot, explain why he said this?

Seeing as how Dad is the new Gunbearer I'm thinking that his top suspicions aren't scum because if scum were smart they would give him the gun knowing he would potentially shoot Yui-Z etc. knowing that they're Town.

But I mean we don't know if scum are actually smart so that's a theory.

Or that his townreads are actually scum so he wouldn't shoot them.

Also, I might think that you were trying to be pro-town for pointing this out :rolleyes:

Either way, I'm kind of confused about his playstyle this game...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

So yeah.

Whether y'all decide to follow/trust/whatever verb can be used in this situation is up to you. So yeah.
Good day, I guess, i'll try to post more over the weekend...

- - - Post Merge - - -

oh look Karen ninja'd me

ignore Karen's part for now, I guess

- - - Post Merge - - -

Wait had I really not refreshed the last page in nine minutes?

Oh well...

I think Ashtot's just being selfish by placing his own needs for the gun above Town itself. Same as Cory and anyone else who wants to be shot for the gun (unless some reverse psychology is going on here)

But good post, Blue Rose. I completely forgot about Tom and some other people.

Gunbearer still confuse me a bit
@Crazy-gamer/ryan88 care to share who do suspect, among all what dad listed who do you think is scum and why?

Tbh I'm more of suspicious on Natty/Truffle tbh if you guys dunno why heres the reason

> Natty suddenly leaves the game and Truffle joins the game
> Always agreeing with Dad (I think you can do better than that)
> Called Karen but failed

Haven't seen tom posting maybe he is busy or playing TF 2 in steam

I'm either going to shoot before I go to bed or when I wake up early in the morning (it'll be pretty inactive for the most of you), so if you have something to say in defense of yourself, please do. Especially you, Tom, Mahou, Truffle, and Cariad (I know you're different timezone).

Please follow as strict as possible because mass modkill is deserved.
In before they're all mostly town.

I wear the gun in this house.

I don't know why you're actin up, kids. You think I'm going to stick with my townread list after being gunned so soon by mafia? Well you're wrong. So here's what's going to happen. I'm lining up these folks for an execution:

-Mahou - you are continuing to act like you don't know what's going on. I don't believe it's true. You said you would read into the thread yesterday but didn't say anything after that. NikkiNikki, if you could point me to the game you're talking about involving Mahou, please do.
-Blu Rose - you've been lurking an awful lot, and I cleared you on my list, so I think that it's possible you're scum who is confident I won't shoot you based on that. Sure, you offered to be shot at, but you also pleaded for people to do something different.
-Truffle - you backpacked on my reads yesterday and were neither townread or scumread by me on my list, and with the other factors of the quality of your posts (especially when you are continually going after Karen), along with Natty dropping out, I think you'd make a great choice. If I'm wrong, you wouldn't be a terrible gunbearer.
-Tom - because you would take the risk of offering to be shot at - if this is reverse psychology and I actually had my suspicions right, I think you'd be the one to advise gunning me and going with this plan.
-Yui-z - I would shoot you if I decided this could be reverse psychology. Is it not?
-Cariad - going after Cory because he's an easy person to go after.

Please give me reasons not to shoot you. All of you I listed.

I'll leave the inactives alone since they're pretty modkill prone, although if they're mafia that'd be less likely.

You have 15 hours before I make my #shot and alert tsundere on skype that I made it (she told me to). Somebody will be shot.
Mafia must have been pretty complacent or lazy in thinking you'd stick with your list honestly, probably banking on you shooting Yui-Z and misfiring (or Yui-Z is mafia and is taking a huge gamble). Of course I would stick my neck out to get shoot, the majority of you all either trust me completely or you all distrust me completely. If I get shot, it'll confirm me as townie and I can try to ease any concerns about myself you guys may have.

And let's be honest, going after Cory is incredibly easy so long as he continues the town idiot charade. Who knows, shooting him might just net us scum!

-snip-
Tom:

I'm curious about this.
The rest of us? Or the rest of y'all?

Tom hasn't really contributed anything yet, only something unnecessary or kind of obvious, as is the example below.

As I'm understanding this post, it's:

We have two options that I see would be good:

Shoot a strong player IF we think s/he can be a threat, or
Shoot an inactive.
However, we'll lose Crystal if they turn out to be Town.

Oh, and if you want me to be next gunbearer, then by all means go ahead. BUT, I think we should talk this over more to decide on a "better" candidate.
So yeah.

Tom raises red flags for me, when the above post of his is coupled with his semi-inactiveness.

-snip-
hihi

The rest of us, meaning town! Would be a really obvious slip if I was in fact mafia, which I'm surprised it only took someone until now to point out. And yeah, guilty as charged for being inactive and useless. Been kind of busy IRL the past few days thanks to family incompetence, so what little free time I have I spend unwinded playing games and trying to sleep. Honestly thinking about the whole game mode, it seems like something better suited for the IRC or Epic Mafia, a fast pace kind of game. No one has really seemingly slipped up outside of Yui-Z and their constant backtracking just rubs me wrong.

As for my "revised" post, essentially correct. Had I recieved the gun I probably would have taken a risk with players from either of those groups. Of course I offered to be shot, we all should be as town and for reasons above. But shooting too early could have easily ruined the flow of the game (re: people complaining about XCOM Day 1 No Lynch).

I think Ashtot's just being selfish by placing his own needs for the gun above Town itself. Same as Cory and anyone else who wants to be shot for the gun (unless some reverse psychology is going on here)
I think Ashtot is really just trying to come off as town, this constant shoot me and give me the gun thing is kind of annoying. Plus no offense Ashtot, but after Siren mafia I'd rather not trust you with making important decisions. Cory might as well just be playing Call of Duty, shooting whatever moves.

Gut feels about who's mafia:
Yui-Z
Ryan88
Ashtot
Truffle
Cariad

Ryan doesn't really need explaining honestly, I'd rather not beat the Yui-Z horse to death but I'll probably flesh out the last three later.

Back