Mafia [unoffical] Madoka Magica Mafia (MAFIA WINS!)

To me, it just seems like you have a gut feeling against me from that one little line, which I've explained multiple times already, and it's the best reason you can come up with to call me suspicious to turn people against me.

Quite honestly, I don't even want the gun. But hey, shoot away if you're that convinced that I'm scum.

- - - Post Merge - - -

For the record, Cory's just after the gun. I'm pretty sure he's town.

And yet I've made it clear that it's not just that last line I'm finding you suspicious over, it's the entire conversation we've had in this game so far, but primarily how you sounded forced in that first pre-game post. Not just the last line. The entire post. I've made that abundantly clear.

Furthermore, I think you're trying to make yourself sound more town by saying that 'sure shoot me, but I don't want the gun' - It's like you're trying to carefully balance the risk of actually being gunned (aka shot and potentially killed) and trying to use that risk as a means to make yourself seem more townish.

Finally, why are you still sure Cory is still after the gun? Why are you very suddenly jumping to his defense?

The more you talk, the more I want you shot, Yui.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Anyways, I'm seriously going now, and won't be back until the final hour of the day. By which time the shot might be made, so that's my final read and my final suggestion to you, Crystal.

And yet I've made it clear that it's not just that last line I'm finding you suspicious over, it's the entire conversation we've had in this game so far, but primarily how you sounded forced in that first pre-game post. Not just the last line. The entire post. I've made that abundantly clear.

Furthermore, I think you're trying to make yourself sound more town by saying that 'sure shoot me, but I don't want the gun' - It's like you're trying to carefully balance the risk of actually being gunned (aka shot and potentially killed) and trying to use that risk as a means to make yourself seem more townish.

Finally, why are you still sure Cory is still after the gun? Why are you very suddenly jumping to his defense?

The more you talk, the more I want you shot, Yui.

No, I said that because I actually don't want the gun.

I'm sorry but, "I sounded forced", isn't making any sense to me at all, so you're obviously not making things as "abundantly clear" as you think you're making them. Maybe for other people, but definitely not for me!!

"Furthermore, I think you're trying to make yourself sound more town by saying that 'sure shoot me, but I don't want the gun' - It's like you're trying to carefully balance the risk of actually being gunned (aka shot and potentially killed) and trying to use that risk as a means to make yourself seem more townish."

Yes, I'm trying to get across the fact that I'm town so that maybe we can actually avoid losing Crystal as well. That's exactly why I'm doing everything I can to clear my name. That's kind of the point of mafia. There's also the fact that I generally just don't want the gun. Obviously that's completely out of my control, so all I can do is what I'm doing now, and to trust that Crystal is confident enough in her victim being mafia.

You say, "why are you still sure Cory is still after the gun?", as if I've said that I think he's innocent before. But no. I only said once in my previous post that I think he's town.

Why am I suddenly jumping to his defense? Because it was on topic not long ago, and I don't see anything extremely different in Cory's play style at the moment. I think it makes sense that he's trying to get himself shot for the gun, and I'm pretty sure he's smart enough to know that spamming like he's doing is going to make people turn their heads.

Also it really irritates me that it seems like Ryan isn't going to change this game. Hoping to be surprised, but so far he's only typed one (ironic) post. I want to say that we should just shoot him to get rid of him, but we're screwed if Ryan flips town and becomes the new gun-bearer. Hopefully he's just a number on town's side, but it's a frustrating situation.

Maybe we should shoot someone inactive

In that case, you seem like the prime candidate for day two if you keep up your inactive streak.
#Salt

Mkay actually I came back with more time because class ended early. So I'm going to make a more comprehensive post about all of the players in the game.

TOWNREADS

Two themes reoccur among people that want to be read as town: they offer to be shot and become gunbearer to show that they're not mafia because mafia would never put themselves at risk like that. Would they? The other theme is confusion. Is it dumbtelling, or genuine confusion?

Offer to be shot/allude to them becoming gunbearer if they are shot

-Tom (capable of taking the risk)(not a townread just yet)
-Ashtot (capable of taking the risk)(not a townread just yet, but a little more of a townread than Tom is)
-Blu Rose (do not see them as capable of taking the risk if they are mafia)(townread because of this)
-Cory (do not see them as capable of taking the risk if they are mafia)(townread because of this, and another detail I'll explain in the last section)
-Yui (alludes) (capable of taking the risk - but continually says that she genuinely doesn't want the gun even though she hardclaimed townie)(not a townread)

Confused

-waffles (genuine)(townread to a certain extent, but not a complete townread)
-NikkiNikki (unsure of her confusion being genuine, might add more to this later on by quoting it)
-CrazyGamer (genuine) - usually piggybacks on people/bandwagons, and that means her scum team if she's on it. I haven't forgotten about Nub Mafia 2. (townread with a grain of salt - keep an eye on her, since it's easy to see when she slips up)

SCUMREADS

1) Karen: I find her post accusing Blu Rose using reverse psychology to be forced in a way - it's overdoing it to accuse Blu of using reverse psychology from what can be read from their posts so far. Furthermore, you didn't get aggressive about Blu Rose until the gunbearer revealed that she was wanting to shoot them. Some huge flags have been raised since this is my first impression of you in this game.

2) Yui-Z: For the reasons I've explained before. However, she is redeeming herself a little more in her last post, so I'd like #1 to be shot before she is. That being said, I don't trust her hardclaim and I still find her hesitance to be shot at and gunned suspicious. I also stand by her initial post that has been thoroughly discussed between the both of us to be forced. She says the forced nature of it isn't as obvious as I claim it is, but I'll leave that for other people to read into. It was really serious amongst the silly pre-game gun me nonsense that was obviously more playful than serious and still comes off as an attempt to seem townish right off the bat. Yeah, defending yourself and trying to convince town that you're town is the name of the game, but if you're scum in this setup, convincing town that you're town without convincing gunbearer to shoot you is the name of the game. The latter is what you have been doing.

MISCELLANEOUS READS

Truffle vs Ryan

-Truffle: replaced Natty, who had rl issues and couldn't put the time into playing. Obviously mafia takes more work in this setup, but that's not a strong enough meta-reason to suspect them. They backpacked on my opinion that Crystal should shoot a suspicious player rather than a strong one, and more recently they have turned to talking about Ryan being an annoying situation. Yes, that's true, but that's sort of obvious. What are your other reads?

-Ryan88: Inactive, telling Crystal to shoot an inactive. All he's contributed so far.

Cariad vs. Cory

-Cariad: Used her posting time to air the opinion that Cory should be shot because he's using strategic spam, but at least backed this up by using quotes. But is this argument really of substance, enough to shoot at Cory? ...

-Cory: No, I don't think he should be shot at. He's a natural spammer and I don't think he's using it strategically, there's nothing I can find in that spam that makes me think that it's his means as mafia. I think he genuinely wants the gun.

-Mahou: Truly inactive.

-On town hardclaims: it's the only thing to claim. Don't do it, don't take it seriously when townreading.

CONCLUSION

Shoot Karen.

Keep an eye on everyone, but especially Yui-Z, Crazy-Gamer, Mahou, NikkiNikki, and Tom.

Aw poo the plan didn't work. I like having power so naturally I wanted the gun. Anyway, I agree with you 100% daddy

I'm afraid you're wrong again, Dad. You think you're really good at reading people but I'm not mafia this time :) I'm just trying to pick up pieces and there, and it doesn't harm to be aggressive on someone to get info out. I have a gut feeling that Truffle and Crazy are scum, something about their post(s) rubs me the wrong way. Shooting me will only kill Crystal, and I don't want the gun.

On that note I'm actually going to keep an eye on some people that Dad "townread". It's more than likely that there's some scum there.

I never claimed to be great at reading, but I'm going to trust my first impressions. You made a pretty bad one, and you still haven't addressed your using of a reverse psychology accusation and the fact that you started getting aggressive against Blu after Crystal announced she wanted to shoot him. I read this as being an encouraging push by scum if that's what you are, due to the timing.

On that note I'm actually going to keep an eye on some people that Dad "townread". It's more than likely that there's some scum there.

You saying I'm 'townreading' my scumbuddies? Do provide your reads on me if this is how you're seeing it.

P.S. I'm getting rubbed the wrong way by both Truffles and Crazy as well, but it's really gut and Crazy is just really hard to read most of the time but really easy to read when she slips. I'd like to hear your thoughts on what rubs you the wrong way about Truffles, if you can get more out of their posts.

Sorry if this sounds like I'm just agreeing with everything that Dad is saying, but I want to point something out about Karen.

-----

Compared to Mafia VII when I played with Karen (both as townies) her play style was different. She was generally very decisive and wasn't afraid to make decisions. She's acting much more hesitant to step on feet this game.

Logically what yui said made sense but it seems out of character for her to say that idk gut feeling

*undecesive/general pro-town sounding*

This is confusing

So if crystal shoots Tom and he's innocent then crystal dies and Tom becomes the gun bearer? And theoretically Tom could stay the gunbearer the entire game given he keeps shooting mafia

Karen was a lot smarter than this in previous games in which she was town. I think she's playing dumb to make it sound like she's a confused townie that isn't sure about the deaths in this game.

Crystal shoot Ashtot , Tom , yui or dad then

- - - Post Merge - - -

It's a win win situation for us if you shoot any one of them imo

Completely no reasoning.

I'm afraid you're wrong again, Dad. You think you're really good at reading people but I'm not mafia this time :) I'm just trying to pick up pieces and there, and it doesn't harm to be aggressive on someone to get info out. I have a gut feeling that Truffle and Crazy are scum, something about their post(s) rubs me the wrong way. Shooting me will only kill Crystal, and I don't want the gun.

Can you please expand on what parts of those posts rub you in the wrong way? Again, you're trying to be compliant and act pro-townie without giving any actual evidence or reasoning. All you're saying is that you'll keep an eye on his reads. You seem to be humming and hawing about everything without making any decisions so that you don't seem suspicious.

---

Dad has a point that it's harder to be mafia and that's possibly why Lunatic dropped out; that puts me at a disadvantage that I can't really argue against. However, there have been many cases in other games where townies have dropped out and needed a replacement. Hopefully you guys can see that it's the same situation this time

- - - Post Merge - - -

Sorry if this sounds like I'm just agreeing with everything that Dad is saying, but I want to point something out about Karen.

-----

Compared to Mafia VII when I played with Karen (both as townies) her play style was different. She was generally very decisive and wasn't afraid to make decisions. She's acting much more hesitant to step on feet this game.

Logically what yui said made sense but it seems out of character for her to say that idk gut feeling

This is confusing

So if crystal shoots Tom and he's innocent then crystal dies and Tom becomes the gun bearer? And theoretically Tom could stay the gunbearer the entire game given he keeps shooting mafia

Karen was a lot smarter than this in previous games in which she was town. I think she's playing dumb to make it sound like she's a confused townie that isn't sure about the deaths in this game.

Crystal shoot Ashtot , Tom , yui or dad then

- - - Post Merge - - -

It's a win win situation for us if you shoot any one of them imo

Completely no reasoning.

Can you please expand on what parts of those posts rub you in the wrong way? Again, you're trying to be compliant and act pro-townie without giving any actual evidence or reasoning. All you're saying is that you'll keep an eye on his reads. You seem to be humming and hawing about everything without making any decisions so that you don't seem suspicious.

---

Dad has a point that it's harder to be mafia and that's possibly why Lunatic dropped out; that puts me at a disadvantage that I can't really argue against. However, there have been many cases in other games where townies have dropped out and needed a replacement. Hopefully you guys can see that it's the same situation this time

- - - Post Merge - - -

Sorry it posted twice. Dunno why it did that.

Will post more tomorrow morning - it's 11 PM now. Hopefully C r y s t a l makes an informed decision based off of what she decides is best.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Would also like to hear what part of my posts are running you in the wrong way, Dad. I've only made two short posts before you said that since I'm "late" to the game.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Rubbing*

- - - Post Merge - - -

P.S. I'm getting rubbed the wrong way by both Truffles and Crazy as well, but it's really gut and Crazy is just really hard to read most of the time but really easy to read when she slips. I'd like to hear your thoughts on what rubs you the wrong way about Truffles, if you can get more out of their posts.

(You say that you're rubbed the wrong way by my posts without explaining and then ask Karen to explain why she's uneasy with my posts? :p)

More backpacking from Truffle! But no, it would take more time to try and dissect something out of those few posts and I don't have anything and I'm running out of time. I have some work to turn in soon. Also my thoughts on you are somewhat different now that you've made a bigger post. I'll go into that later though.

I didn't mention you specifically, as I don't think you're inactive and we all know who the strong players are here. :)

I thought you said something bout scum town prediction thing.

-Cory (do not see them as capable of taking the risk if they are mafia)(townread because of this, and another detail I'll explain in the last section)

Hope I won't be mistaken I will be right back after school/video presentation
Spamming is way for strategy in mafia sooooo they can be scum or not they do this and take a risk so what if Cory did this so what we think of him is "town" well you know if they distract the game what we think of them is town

am I making it sense or not just tell me.

Day 1 Results
Crystal has missed the deadline. She has been modkilled. Mafia picks a new gunbearer. They have until October 24th, 4PM PST to choose a gunbearer.​
Role PM:
UJOlCtF.png
Hello Crystal, you are a magical girl! (Townie)

Since you’re a magical girl your job is to hunt and fight witches for all of eternity. However, you’re being oppressed by a mysterious force so you don’t have any magical abilities. All you have is your voice, use it wisely

Last edited:
I never claimed to be great at reading, but I'm going to trust my first impressions. You made a pretty bad one, and you still haven't addressed your using of a reverse psychology accusation and the fact that you started getting aggressive against Blu after Crystal announced she wanted to shoot him. I read this as being an encouraging push by scum if that's what you are, due to the timing.

You saying I'm 'townreading' my scumbuddies? Do provide your reads on me if this is how you're seeing it.

No, I'm not saying you are scum - I do think that you're town but sometimes your reading is a bit off.

The reverse psychology thing I could have gone ahead and addressed Crystal directly "yeah thats a good idea because (insert excuse)" instead of addressing Blu directly.

- - - Post Merge - - -

imo it would be believable for Natty to drop out of a game if she's mafia and just the way Truffle has been posting makes me feel weird. I cant really place why but I will think about it more when I have time.

- - - Post Merge - - -

**address Blu directly to get a response to see how s/he would react

- - - Post Merge - - -

-----

Completely no reasoning.

---

- - - Post Merge - - -

-----

Completely no reasoning.

---

- - - Post Merge - - -

Sorry it posted twice. Dunno why it did that.

Will post more tomorrow morning - it's 11 PM now. Hopefully C r y s t a l makes an informed decision based off of what she decides is best.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Would also like to hear what part of my posts are running you in the wrong way, Dad. I've only made two short posts before you said that since I'm "late" to the game.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Rubbing*

- - - Post Merge - - -

(You say that you're rubbed the wrong way by my posts without explaining and then ask Karen to explain why she's uneasy with my posts? :p)

Hesitant? How so??
I think everyone was confused about the set up, I thought that mafia had night kills I didn’t realize that the game worked like that so it was just a confirmation (seems a bit too easy for town to win but now I’m not so sure)

The reasoning was quite obvious if you look at the general discussion when I posted that. It’s either to chuck and hope for the best by shooting a strong player (either they are scum, then good - or they become the gun bearer, then not too bad), or go for the suspicious ones (Yui).

I can’t explain why your posts rub me the wrong way (same goes for Crazy), its really more of a gut feeling, and yes I realize that you are at a disadvantage because Natty dropped out but that doesn’t mean we should auto clear you as town.

Hello everyone sorry I haven't been on the here I had a busy day with work and school. And I'll be heading to bed soon. Tomorrow I'll be more on here since I won't have much to do at work. Sorry:c

imo it would be believable for Natty to drop out of a game if she's mafia and just the way Truffle has been posting makes me feel weird. I cant really place why but I will think about it more when I have time.

Do I really need to go through other mafia threads and search townies that needed replacements for you? It isn't really that good of reasoning as anyone who has real life issues won't have time to post - whether they're town or scum. You keep on just saying that my posts are "weird" and "make you feel uneasy" with no reasoning. Do you mind sharing? It sounds more and more like you're just trying to move attention off of yourself. When you have time, actually make a logical analysis of my first two posts and how it makes me sound suspicious. They're pretty short, so it should be easy.

Karen said:
Hesitant? How so??

I just said it - You seemed afraid to post suspicions and just hid in the shadows (posting non-helpful things) until Dad called you out. You're also hesitant to actually say anything about my posts.

I think everyone was confused about the set up, I thought that mafia had night kills I didn’t realize that the game worked like that so it was just a confirmation (seems a bit too easy for town to win but now I’m not so sure)

Mmk... I don't think most people were that confused and it seemed fairly obvious to me. Alright though.

Karen said:
The reasoning was quite obvious if you look at the general discussion when I posted that. It’s either to chuck and hope for the best by shooting a strong player (either they are scum, then good - or they become the gun bearer, then not too bad), or go for the suspicious ones (Yui).

With that reasoning, we might as well kill anyone except the inactives.

Karen said:
I can’t explain why your posts rub me the wrong way (same goes for Crazy), its really more of a gut feeling, and yes I realize that you are at a disadvantage because Natty dropped out but that doesn’t mean we should auto clear you as town.

I have no idea why you keep saying my name with no reasoning when there would be better options with actual reasons. I also didn't say I should be cleared as town because Natty dropped out, lol. However - I don't think Natty needing a replacement means anything significant. All it means is that she had something come up irl that would have affected her post quality had she stayed in the game.

Back