• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Restarted Game

MiniatureTalent

College. Sucks.
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
November Birthstone (Topaz)
Orange (Fruit)
Mailbox
Pear (Fruit)
Astral Inner Planet Floating Gold #10
Cake
So as the title says, I restarted. Yay, me! Anyway, because of this I was wondering if any of you had restarted, and what your thoughts on it were. I find it refreshing to start with a new town layout and villagers. I also partially wanted to blog about my town, but I didn't want to come back to my weedy, untouched-for-five-months, villagers all gone town. If you haven't restarted would you ever consider it? I'm curious! :)

i would but i have so many rare , unorderables, and dlc items and its a hassle for someone to hold them all .

my dream town is in progress so its too late i guess , maybe I'm getting another copy of acnl , idk >w<

I restarted recently because I hadn't played in a while, but my sister had and she's...not the greatest AC player in the world. I had the Beautiful Town ordinance going so my flowers were fine, but she never deliberately checks to see who is thinking of moving so a few of my favorites moved on and were swapped out with ones I didn't care for. The final straw was her decision to restart her own town, and resulting town ended up with the same native fruit my old town had. It's been fun rebuilding my town, though, and I'm planning things out more carefully than I did before.

i would but i have so many rare , unorderables, and dlc items and its a hassle for someone to hold them all .

my dream town is in progress so its too late i guess , maybe I'm getting another copy of acnl , idk >w<

Same goes with me, and I couldn't be bothered to transfer my 100 million bells from one town to the other. Or get the badges again from fresh.

So I bought another copy //cries//

Same goes with me, and I couldn't be bothered to transfer my 100 million bells from one town to the other. Or get the badges again from fresh.

So I bought another copy //cries//

I want another copy so badly but my mom says i can't get one because I'm too addicted ;w; xD

I want another copy so badly but my mom says i can't get one because I'm too addicted ;w; xD

That's not the worst addiction to have! But I'm sorry. She's probably right, but that doesn't mean that you'd spend any more time, really. I only have so much time to spend, and whether it's on one town or three doesn't matter - you only have so much time.

Heh...I'm waaaaaay too old for my mom to boss me around, and I have a handful of towns. My husband, on the other hand, tells me I'm addicted...

Buuuuut...I don't listen to him, either.

Sorry about your mom, tho. You have no choice but to listen to her. :(

Last edited:
I've reset about 100 times now. Probably 50 towns that I kept. Wow.

I've restarted mine last 13th after playing it the first time 6 months ago. I had no idea you could reset the game to actually pick the villager you want and plot their house to a place you want them to be! And I really didn't like where I put up my house on my first run so I thought of just restarting all over. :D

I had a bad habit of restarting. i'd keep thinking I could get a better village next time, or something like that. This last time though, I kept cycling through different village layouts until I found the perfect one for me. Hopefully this will stop me from restarting! I'd like to keep this current village and put some real effort into it

I restarted my town a while ago as well. I had huge amount of stuff and bells there, but I just sent them to my other town, so I didn't lose anything. I hated my old town, so I'm happy that I restarted.

I've restarted my town countless times before, but I think I'll finally just settle on this town since I have a lot of dreamies and unorderables.

I restarted my game once.
For my first town I practically started without any knowledge about the game. So I just choose any old layout, put my house and permanent PWPs any place without much thought. I also came up with my name on the fly: "Forestie". But one thing just changed my whole perspective. No, I didn't learn about the villager trade, pathing, or choosing a good layout when I restarted.

What made me restart was the knowledge that Flora was in the game. Seriously. I really, really, really wanted her and at the time, I thought the only way to get her was for her to randomly move in or start with her. So I pretty much resetted my town until she was a starter. I decided as well to just have a town of all avian villagers. I didn't pick them either, I would just settle for whoever came to my village first. And I called it "Roost", referring to a place where birds (or bats) stay to rest. Yeah, I had no idea that the Cafe was also called Roost. Though I probably wouldn't changed the name anyway.

When I finally had my second town, with Flora as a starter, I actually had a worse layout then my first town. Though at that time I was beginning to learn about villager trade and many of my other starters were high tiers (Kid Cat, Maple, ect.). So I was able to trade for the exact villagers I wanted. Plus, I learned bout cycling threads so many of the villagers I received were free.
I still put some of my PWPs in odd places, but I'm making them work. After awhile I don't like a few things in my town, like the aforementioned layout, my fruit (peaches, would have liked apples or cherries), and my train station color.

But I'm completely in love my town right now. I made some odd layout decisions, but it flows nicely for the most part and it is different any other town that I've seen. Plus, it is full of birds! :D

Last edited:
Back