• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Have you ever had a villager permanently stuck in your town?

The tenth villager curse :c
Yup, that 10th villager is impossible to move out without moving another villager out first. A few people say they've been able to do it...but I've never seen it (and I've never seen any evidence that it's possible) so I'm not sure if I believe those people.

Good luck though! You might have to lose one of your other villagers if you really don't want Gigi. Maybe you'll start to like Gigi though, who knows? Sorry this happened to you :/

I guess if you have 9 dreamies it's probably a good idea to completely avoid wifi and streetpass until you find your tenth. Even if it is possible to move the tenth out before moving out another villager, they will most likely hang around for months at least.

If Whitney ever asks to move I will be sure to post a thread about it with proof (I guess screenshots of her moving date on town tree and of her asking to move would work). It would be good to clear up the tenth villager confusion.

Last edited:
Gwen is a tenth villager who moved in several months ago and has never offered to ping to move, even after others have moved. She plopped her house in front of The Roost. I use to hate that but now I find I am used to it. Might as well as I do not think she will ever move. In contrast, Fushia moved in as a ninth villlager and then moved to my other town without warning as a tenth villager. Wonder if she will stay there like Gwen has in the first town?

The saddest part about Freckles never asking to leave me is I've had someone move out since she came here and then another person move in. She's not my "10th" anymore, but she still won't leave. I'm gonna try and cycle her out when I get my next move out ping. Her house is right in front of mine. :(

Like the others here, my tenth has never pinged and she's been here a couple months. It's not a problem, because she and my ninth are working on pwps. I'll need to be really careful when it's time for them to go. The threads here on this topic do always have a handful of people who have successfully gotten rid of a tenth, but there are not many:(

As for your friend, I'd recommend talking to Octavian everyday again. Right now your friend is basically using the ignore method on Octavian, and I think switching to the befriend method would help. Last time I tried the ignore method was with Flip. I finally gave up and started talking to him again. He left later that week.

COLE is forever in my ACNL life. He was an original in my first town and never left.
I tried to cycle out some villagers before resetting my town and everyone I had for
so long left except for him. OMG!
And so yesterday, I reset my town and Cole is again one of the first five villagers. :eek:
I love him and I'm happy to see him but he's just too clingy. lol

Last edited:
I have HAMPHREY STUCK RIGHT NEXT TO MY HOUSE. It's only been 2 months but he's been sitting there since I started my new town. I've been trying to cycle him out (I've only nine) but he wont even ping.

Back