• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Have you ever had a villager permanently stuck in your town?

kiwi34fruit

Bells
Mailbox
This happened to a friend's cycling town. They were able to cycle out nearly sixty villagers, except for one which happened to be one of their originals (aka Octavian).

Gigi ended up moving to my town and I'm kind of concerned the same thing will happen with her. Just because I have 10 villagers currently, and everyone has asked to move already at least once. I'm pretty sure I have nothing to worry about Gigi, and she's just being stubborn. But it reminded me of my friend's permanent Octavian. Has this ever happened to anyone else?

I have Marcie doing that in one of my cycling towns. She moved back in the days when I was talking to all the villagers so I could get pings from them and know when they were moving as some of them were destined for my "regular" towns.

Eventually I switched cycling methods. I have now cycled hundreds of villagers and Marcie is still there. She was one of the villagers I wanted in one of my other towns ... glad I gave up on that notion :)

This may be a little off topic, but in all my time of resetting for a perfect town, I never had an octopus as a starting villager. I understand they are rare, but I also thought I read somewhere that you didn't start with octopi just like you don't start with uchi/smug villagers???

I have Marcie doing that in one of my cycling towns. She moved back in the days when I was talking to all the villagers so I could get pings from them and know when they were moving as some of them were destined for my "regular" towns.

Eventually I switched cycling methods. I have now cycled hundreds of villagers and Marcie is still there. She was one of the villagers I wanted in one of my other towns ... glad I gave up on that notion :)

Man I'm sorry that happened to you, any idea why she refused to leave?

This may be a little off topic, but in all my time of resetting for a perfect town, I never had an octopus as a starting villager. I understand they are rare, but I also thought I read somewhere that you didn't start with octopi just like you don't start with uchi/smug villagers???

Nah I don't think that's true. I've watched my friends start with Marina and Octavian before (Normal and Cranky).

darn! I would have loved to start with Zucker. This is good to know for the future at least! thanks ^-^

I'm starting to feel like Truffles is. She has NEVER asked to move and she's a starting villager. All my other starting villagers have moved and I've had this town since April.

I dont know about a permanent villager but the issue you may be having is that the 10th villager or the last villager to move in is usually difficult to move out. Some say impossible. I for one dont think its impossible but for me, i have never been successful in getting them to ping. Usually someone else will move out then i can get them to ping. :(

I dont know about a permanent villager but the issue you may be having is that the 10th villager or the last villager to move in is usually difficult to move out. Some say impossible. I for one dont think its impossible but for me, i have never been successful in getting them to ping. Usually someone else will move out then i can get them to ping. :(

WHAT!? Oh god, I really hope Gigi doesn't stick around. I got her randomly through streetpass and her plot is terrible.

When I was first playing, Dizzy was one of my starting villagers and he took a while to leave. I also had Ricky who came from my campsite, he was being stubborn about leaving whenever he told me he was planning to move. He's gone now but it took a while.

Yeah I've had Whitney for several months now. She is my 10th villager and has not asked to move out once. Luckily for me, I don't have a problem with her being here permanently but I can imagine it would suck if you don't like your 10th villager or if they were your only non-dreamie.

I'm starting to think this 10th villager can't move out thing might actually be true.

Has anyone here ever had their 10th villager move out before any other villagers move?

I spent forever trying to get deirdre to move out(She was my 10th villager), then 2 days after someone else moved out she pinged me.

I'm starting to think this 10th villager can't move out thing might actually be true.

Has anyone here ever had their 10th villager move out before any other villagers move?

Not me... I had Barold for about 8 months and he was my 10th villager. I had to kick Renee, Leonardo, and Gaston out before Barold finally asked to move out.

And Colton has been my 10th villager for 4 months now, and everyone have asked to move out but him.

I've had Pippy for a long time, got her from going to another person's town and picking up a dreamie ;_;
She's in the worst spot and she's not even budging
Same for Pancetti and Twiggy ughhh

Marshal will not leave. I've cycled out hundreds in my cycling town and he refuses.

I accidentally got Moose the Mouse off of my little brother and had him for nearly 2 months D:
But sure enough- he decided to move after that! Ugh I hope you have luck with moving Gigi out :)

Gloria is one of my starting villagers and everyone else has asked to move except her. ;__; All the other starters that I wanted out has left except for her and I really really need her out. I'm afraid she might stay longer in my town. Ugh

Yeah I've had Whitney for several months now. She is my 10th villager and has not asked to move out once. Luckily for me, I don't have a problem with her being here permanently but I can imagine it would suck if you don't like your 10th villager or if they were your only non-dreamie.

Wow I am the opposite of you. Whitney was my 10th villager and she would NOT ping to move at all. She's gone now...but I had to kick Francine out :(

Last edited:
Back