• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Second copy?

Dewy

boop boop
Pear 🍐
Banana 🍌
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
4879-3904-5382
New Horizons Token
Pink Hybrid Cosmos
Leif
Astral Inner Planet Floating Gold #10
The Bell Tree Fair 2014 Patch
Cake
February Birthstone (Amethyst)
Just wondering.. For those of you who have two or more copies of the game, was it worth the investment? Do you ever regret buying another one?

I'm considering maybe possibly getting a digital copy to cycle with and to start another town on. But part of me thinks that's ridiculous and really unnecessary. Is it a bad idea? I don't want to regret wasting the money. And I don't know if I'd even have enough time to spend on a second copy :/

Are you glad you got a second copy or do you think you would have been just as happy staying with one game?

I don't have a second copy, but I've been really considering getting a second town. I feel like I wouldn't have the time, though, like you :(

I don't have a second copy, but I've been really considering getting a second town. I feel like I wouldn't have the time, though, like you :(

It's frustrating :c
I don't want it to be one of those things where I think I really want one...then I get one and it's not nearly as great as I thought it would be. Or I just don't have any time for it.
I've been seriously considering it too, but I've been holding off on actually doing it because I'm just too afraid I'll regret it >.<

I think it depends on the sort of person you are. If I got a second copy it'd probably become my go to "Satisfy urge to reset" cartridge like my second copy of Dragon Quest 9 and my non-main Pok?mon games. That might be worth it once my town feels complete and I have little else I want to do with it.

I don't regret having multiple towns (and games) but I got mine as gifts and cast-offs from family who didn't want them anymore. I don't have time to keep them all up like they should be kept, but I have different towns to trade with and buy from and the villages I want (most of them, that is) and only 2 towns I really care about, so it's fun for me and I don't regret it at all.

I am glad I have at least two, because I don't Street Pass other people much and don't know many people or have RL friends to play with, so I can at least trade and sell in my other town on my hubby's 3DS and for me it works great. I can also use one town as a "dumping ground" while I work on the other.

I'm very happy I have more than one.

I tried to do a second town, and I really liked it, it went well for a little while. But I just didn't have the time to invest in it properly, and it is now abandoned sadly. I love my main town a lot, and don't have any reset urges, and I still feel like there's plenty of stuff for me to do in my main like get all the gold badges, collect villager pics, finish my museum. I also only have 7 permanent villagers so I still have plenty of opportunity to meet new villagers and keep things fresh. I'll also be playing ACNL a little less when the new Pokemon game comes out, so my 'gaming' time will be spread out more.
I do think though, that you have the money for it, and you've got ideas and stuff that you really want to try out, then go for it with a second copy! If it doesn't work out, you can always sell it or exchange it for another game. :) I don't regret my second copy, I just regret not being able to give it my full attention and finish it!

I have three towns, I don't regret buying my cycle town but my second town I'm starting to regret because I just don't have time to work on it. It's sort of paused at the moment and I have a few villagers there that I really like which makes it harder.

Last edited:
I have 2 copies. Originally it was so I could make gold roses, find villagers I want, and get my weeding badge. But very quickly I fell in love with the town and now its turned into a town I am developing with a bit of cycling. Its very worth it for me. I not only bought a copy but a ds also. That way I am able to visit, trade, streetpass, etc.

I have three towns, I don't regret buying my cycle town but my second town I'm starting to regret because I just don't have time to work on it. It's sort of paused at the moment and I have a few villagers there that I really like which makes it harder.

I'd say this comes close to me as well. I loved my second game as a cycling town, and then I enjoyed turning it into a second town. But now I don't really have time to enjoy two towns. It would be great to go back to having a main town and a cycle, but there are too many great villagers in my second town!

I had 2 towns/games in WW and knew I would have 2 towns/games in NL. I started both NL towns on June 9th, 2013 and it was ALOT of work for the first several months, but I don't regret it at all. I play both games in-reall-time, no TT, no plot resetting, or anything. I consider both of them my main town and enjoy each of them. I still spend about an hour a day on each town depending on what I'm trying to get done. I also play on a 3rd copy (my sister's) but she sucks at catching bugs, diving and placing PWP, so I have to help her with those things ever so often.

I bought a used copy for $10 and love it for cycling and checking out seasons. I kept the previous owner's game on there because the town was barely developed and they had some cool stuff... ≧◡≦ Now I just wish I could justify buying a second DS so I could have both towns going at the same time!

I had a second copy at one point and I really liked it. I could tt like crazy in my second town, did all my trading out of that town, cycled for a bit, etc. It was nice because I never had to worry about a streetpass villager/surprise villager from trading, if someone came over and ran around like crazy, it would not upset me. And I got all my weeding badges really quickly!

Basically, it was a way to keep my "real" town pristine while doing all the stuff I wanted to do in my second town. When I got tired of having one, I sold that cartridge. I bought it for $32, sold it for $18 at gamestop... so for about $16 bucks, I had an extra town for a year that helped my first town. Can't complain. :p

Last edited:
I have no interest in obtaining two copies. I think some people see it as a business investment, especially for forums like these where they could potentially make a lot of bells. Otherwise, I just personally don't see the point. I enjoy my one game very much, but it seems pointless to have two.

Oh totally. :) I had so many villagers and more things and themes I wanted to try so I got myself a second copy. Now I have a whole new set of dreamies and the hunt is on! It's also a lot of fun trying out different pwps and such on different towns.

I have a 2nd copy. It was for cycling but now i try to make it as a 2nd town but nope no good. I kinda regret buying it though

I've been considering it for a while as well. Right now though I don't have the money (well, I do but I need it for more important things :p) or a lot of spare time.

Just so you know, if you're planning on using it to move items or villagers to your current town or vice versa, you'll need a second 3DS or easy access to one. Just in case that affects your decision.

But yeah, personally, I would buy one straight away if I ever got a strong urge to reset my town and build a new one. I know that the price of a new game would be worth it to avoid all the regret I'd have eventually. Until that happens, it will probably just always be something I'm thinking of doing.

Oh, i love my extra copies.I'm getting a forth one this weekend, and i can't wait.I already know how i'm going to decorate all 4 houses.I just need to come up with a town name.

I have a lot of copies and have no regrets. A new copy was on sale for $20 a couple of weeks ago.
Getting a digital ACNL from Ebgames(gamestop) in Canada saves you tax. Buying the funds and than getting a digital copy cost you tax.

My main town comes first and gets played the most. When I made my 2nd town I set it 4 months ahead. No way was I playing two games in real time. It's an easy going town where villager can come and go. It's also a place where I let friends visit. My main town is closed to visitors. The spare town allows me to have a snow house, a college house, a Gracie house and a island/fishing house.
Another town I have is a harvest town. Place to grow perfect fruit and store items on the beach.
Enjoy harvesting and cutting the trees down.

Back