• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Easiest Way To Get A Villager To Move Out ?

Koala_Tea_

hi, im chloster
Bells
Switch
5446-4737-1499
Yellow Candy
Cake
So i want Jacques to move and i don't even talk to him at all ! He's the only old villagers plus Pippy which i want him out too xD

Easiest way to get them out ? c:

The fastest way will probably be TT'ing, though if you don't TT it might take some time...

Pippy is a girl. e.e
Anyway, the best thing to do would be to talk to them ONCE, then ignore them until they move. :)

Either that or aggressively befriend them. Both work since it's random to some unknown degree.

Last edited:
Talk with them everyday and time travel a day at a time. For some reason becoming friends with them makes them want to move.

I'm going to have to have to take this advice because Amelia decided to randomly move in. I had 9 villagers before, so I must have gotten her from someone via streetpass. I don't like her + her house is in a terrible spot. And until she leaves I can't try for my dreamie Zucker :<

You can travel six days ahead in one go, if you have just stopped a villager from wanting to move. (otherwise when you travel ahead six days, someone may leave)
Then go back six days in one leap (ends up counted as one day) and then walk around your town to see who will ping. Talk to a few villagers until they mention a rumour about someone, walk directly in front of their faces, I don't know, use any method to make them ping you or tell you that someone is wanting to move.

If this doesn't work, you can go to your 3DS clock settings and change the date to one year ahead.
Then load up your game, and press New Save File. Look at your town map after Rover's speech, and if someone's house is gone, then that meant a villager was wanting to leave. If there were no changes to the map, then no one was wanting to leave. Change the date back, and someone's house was gone, walk up to that villager who left 'one year later' and they should ping you no matter wht.

I'm going to have to have to take this advice because Amelia decided to randomly move in. I had 9 villagers before, so I must have gotten her from someone via streetpass. I don't like her + her house is in a terrible spot. And until she leaves I can't try for my dreamie Zucker :<

You are going to have trouble getting rid of your tenth villager, I'm afraid. There are a lot of threads here on how hard that is.

As for the OP, I'd recommend the befriend method too. Especially if you've already talked to them a few times. I loved TehyaFaye's phrase to aggressively befriend them. That's exactly what I do!

Back