Does That Ping Trick Actually Work ? o-o)

Koala_Tea_

hi, im chloster
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Switch
5446-4737-1499
Yellow Candy
Cake
Ive seen it everywhere and wondered it worked .___.

i would try it but I'm too busy making my paths and growing my hybrids xDD

Its for the PWP Pings .___.

Last edited:
It might take some time, but it worked multiple times for me. Your talking about the diving trick, right?

i'm a little skeptical because i've been doing this literally an hour every night, diving, pockets full of flowers, no bells, and i still never get any pings about PWP! it's all about nicknames or catchphrases and i don't understand. i have literally like five PWPs left to choose from because i've built so many of the starter ones but i just can't get anything new...

It might take some time, but it worked multiple times for me. Your talking about the diving trick, right?

the one where you have to go in the ocean for 5 minute and come back and there will be pings , i think so .

i guess to clarify, it works 100% of the time for me in getting a ping, it's just been 0% of the time a PWP ping :c

I think it's a bit easier if there are fewer villagers out. So if you happen to need PWPs from the late night or early rising villagers, try it during those times of day. I think for me it seems that they run out of other things to talk about faster.

Also, you get more PWPs using the diving trick if the villager that requests it is close friends with you. I've done it several times and while 3 of my neighbors wanted to change their catchphrases/greeting or something else, Melba, who I'm good friends with, requested 2 PWPs on the same day! She doesn't always request PWP's but she does it more often than the others. nvn

it works. you'll get pings, though most of the time it'll be for catchphrases etc but you can't really stop that. you also don't necessarily have to be in the ocean, just stand somewhere far away from them.

It definitely works, but I only use it to get the moving pings. Everything else I figure will come in its own time, especially since each personality type still has things to suggest.

This has never worked for me. Sigh. I feel like I am doing something wrong, but I don't have the patience to sort it out.

This has never worked for me. Sigh. I feel like I am doing something wrong, but I don't have the patience to sort it out.

Have you tried starting the timer before going into the ocean because that will work xD i just did it right now .

IF someone suggests a nickname, click that you don't want to hear it. This way other villagers won't ping you and ask if they can call you it.

It's always worked for me. I fill my pockets with flowers and hide all of my Bells in one of the letters, then jump into the ocean and swim into a corner. After ~5 minutes I go back and it's usually the first villager that you see will be the one that will ping you.

The only problem that I have encountered is that no villagers will ping you if you have been playing for more than one hour, and they need to tell you to 'take a break' by 'drinking some (insert drink here)', or that 'your eyes look ___'. You only need to talk to any villager to get that conversation, and then you can continue diving and getting pings

Back