What's the most time you've spent on a game?

I know that for a lot of people, it's breeding up a good team and then going forth into competitive battling that eats up a lot of their time. =p

For me, personally, it's about the collecting.
At the very least, I wanted to fill ONE Pokedex in one game. I'm still missing almost 100, but I'm trying to avoid trading when/if I can. If I do trade, it's just for a female baby of the species. I want to evolve/breed them all on my own. <3
I did put in some time toward breeding, but it's been mostly in pursuit of specific shinies -- which I've given up for the time being, might as well get the Shiny Charm first -- or just specific movesets for some Pokes.. Can't have a Luxray going into battle against a ground-type without Ice Fang, and there's no sense pulling him out when he can easily learn Ice Fang.

Fascinating! There is a lot to the game, which is totally awesome.

I guess I fall into the category of people who need a shiny carrot dangled in front of them to complete a task, or at least the idea that there is one. Like Mario Sunshine, that was the game that almost single handedly ruined gaming for me. Most games give you something cool for doing an absurd amount of work. That was the first game where I feel I spent more time looking for the reward than trying to get to it. When I learned it didn't exist, life just got that much more sour.

Last edited:
I think it's a cross between Deus Ex Human Revolution, Mirror's Edge, and Portal 2. They're not necessarily long, but there are many choices you can make in Deux Ex to get different achievements so that usually requires a few playthroughs, and Mirror's Edge is just a fun experience, and Portal 2 is fun for co-op.

I've been playing Sims 2 for over 10 years and I shudder to think of how many thousands of hours I've put into the game.

Not sure if I've spent more time playing Oblivion or Skyrim (at least 500+ hours each xD). They're just so addictive and great in my opinion and I enjoy their soundtracks just as much. I often find myself coming back to them after a while. ^^

I have hundreds of hours on several Pokemon games.
I have about:
40 hours on Diamond
370 hours on Platinum
50 hours on SoulSilver
200 hours on Black
400 hours on X

Added all together is 1060 hours ( give or take a few because of estimating.) Thats a total of a little over 44 days, not including my two mystery dungeon games, which is scary to think about.

My most played "game" was probably RuneScape when I used to play it when I was younger. Probably over a thousand hours. I think I have a little over 205 hours on Animal Crossing New Leaf! Other games that I played when I was just a kid, like games on the SNES, probably have a lot of hours too. Like A Link To The Past and a lot of the Super Mario Bros games and such.

Back