• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Are the Nooklings not as effective as Tom Nook?

Are the Nooklings not as effective as Tom Nook?

• Of course they aren't

Votes: 10 27.8%
  • I'm not sure about this

Votes: 14 38.9%
  • They may not be, but they're better than Nook

Votes: 12 33.3%

• Total voters

Alolan_Apples

“Assorted” Collector
Bells
Switch
1624-3778-0694
Red Balloon
Banana
Green Cotton Candy
Yule Log
Pumpkin Glow Wand
Bee Plush
Frost Easter Egg
Purple Candy
White Tulip
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
I mean, look at them. You can't order furniture or other things until you unlock the convenience store. Tom Nook allows ordering back in Nook's Cranny. In addition, the Nooklings don't sell carpets, wallpaper, or medicine at the Nookling Junction. Although I like the gardening store idea, I remembered that Tom Nook used to sell all of the gardening stuff. The Nooklings try to do the same by hiring Leif when Tom Nook could sell them himself. Furthermore, other than the Emporium, the Nooklings take breaks on store management. They also sell less than Tom Nook did. Compare Nookington's to T&T Emporium. In WW and CF, Tom Nook sold more furniture than Timmy and Tommy did in NL, but if we're excluding wall furniture, they sell less furniture than Tom Nook did in the Gamecube version (even if Timmy and Tommy did all the furniture selling in the department store in the first three games). They also sell less carpets and wallpapers in each store, like when they had 2 of each in the department store rather than 3 of each. How were they able to sell more? GracieGrace, which is owned by somebody else.

How do you feel about this?

I actually like the Nooklings taking care of the store in this game, they're not nearly as annoying as Tom Nook lol. Maybe because they don't really do much aside from sell things. I like the addition of the garden store too :)

I adore them. I never played any other AC game, so I don't know how Tom is in those games, but I think the twins are adorable.

No, they are not nearly so effective as Tom Nook, but I think Timmy and Tommy are adorable little shop workers in their aprons, looking just like miniature Tom Nooks (little Nooklings)
I read in some Game Guide or online somewhere that Timmy is supposed to be the older twin and (I don't know is this is true, but supposedly, one of the little darlings has a mole on his hand to make him different than his brother)
Anybody else hear this?
?\_(ツ)_/?
♥♥♥♥

This might not be related to this thread, but the Nooklings can be just as bad as their father (or uncle). When you buy an item, they say "so shiny" at the end of their sentences. Does that sound like they're greedy, or curious? We know Nook is greedy.

This might not be related to this thread, but the Nooklings can be just as bad as their father (or uncle). When you buy an item, they say "so shiny" at the end of their sentences. Does that sound like they're greedy, or curious? We know Nook is greedy.

They're little, so of course they'll say things like that :)

Last edited:
I see them as kids, to be honest. Kids repeat themselves a million times in a million ways, so I have a lot of patience for the little twins when it comes down to it. But even though they might be kids, I don't associate them to be as young as like Kapp'n's daughter.

Are they as effective? Not really. But I much prefer waiting to be able to mass order things until I run out of bells than sit there and have to order one by one by one with Nook and listen to his speech of delivering it to my house in a timely manner and whatnot. That said, I do prefer the twins over Nook, though it would've been nice to see Nook dabble in both realtor business and store owner still c:

but where are their parents?

I always imagined their parents died so they went to live with their uncle Tom Nook .-.

It annoys me that they change their names from 'Timmy and 'Tommy' to 'Timothy and Thomas' when you get the final shop upgrade. I get that it's supposed to show that the emporium is classy and such, but seriously, like a two little kids are going to be that pretentious :p

I actually like the added upgrades when reach certain points, if had never played another version would be an exciting bonus plus when fully upgraded is the best version of shop I have seen with more items, music, Gracie, Leif. I also like that you need to work a week saving bells before get ABD for new players.

Nook used to irritate me in CF as he would literally follow you so close you couldn't move, he was realistic as a pushy sales clerk, but IRL that will push me out of the store, lol. I like the new set up, and having him as the home upgrades as that needed added in works for me.

It annoys me that they change their names from 'Timmy and 'Tommy' to 'Timothy and Thomas' when you get the final shop upgrade. I get that it's supposed to show that the emporium is classy and such, but seriously, like a two little kids are going to be that pretentious :p

Oh yeah, little kids can go through a very pretentious stage. Especially if they have names that can be "kiddie-fied" like William or Richard or Samantha.

But on topic, I never played any other Animal Crossing game other than New Leaf, so I don't know if they are more effective, but any shopkeep that goes from selling very little to selling a lot should be considered effective. Even if it is just a game. Plus, aren't they supposed to be really young? To achieve the Emporioum at a really young age should be considered effective in my opinion.

I like them more than Tom Nook because obviously he's awful and annoying. I kind of like the fact that in New Leaf, you don't start off with all the features like having a catalog, you have to unlock them. It makes it feel (to me, at least) like you have goals to work towards; in the previous games this wasn't so prominent

I actually like the added upgrades when reach certain points, if had never played another version would be an exciting bonus plus when fully upgraded is the best version of shop I have seen with more items, music, Gracie, Leif. I also like that you need to work a week saving bells before get ABD for new players.

Nook used to irritate me in CF as he would literally follow you so close you couldn't move, he was realistic as a pushy sales clerk, but IRL that will push me out of the store, lol. I like the new set up, and having him as the home upgrades as that needed added in works for me.

I agree that I like Timmy and Tommy better than Tom Nook. I never liked how close he followed my player either. :/ It made it seem like he thought I was going to steal from his shop. He's a lot less annoying now that he's working on houses. Plus the Emporium is my favorite store in the series so far. :)

They annoy me. It's stupid all the little phrases they say after sentences. So true!

I didn't mean ABD I meant the cataloging machine...does that even have a name?

- - - Post Merge - - -

As to the name change, maybe they figure if you do not tt that by the time you get full emporium they are supposed to have grown up some...Like a little backstory. As Nook and Lyle have that what's new discussion early on about them starting out on their own and him watching when it is only a shack. If no time travel, the emporium could take enough time for that to be a reason. I never noticed the Timothy and Thomas thing, I find that interesting.

Back