What's your opinion on ACNL music?

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
I want to hear your opinion on ACNL music. I think it's alright, some of the hourly music give me headaches, I prefer the evening/early morning music. I prefer the music from Wild World/City Folk though.

Last edited:
I think the NL music is just as charming as the other games, that seems to be an uncommon opinion though. But I like it ^^

okay, well i'm glad it's not just me, because i also get headaches from the music

i'm not a huge fan. i keep the music on for the sound effects (for fishing, etc) but i like to play with other music going

doesn't matter though honestly, i always get headaches while playing the game. and i know it's not just from playing too long either, because i get them even if it's been say 5 minutes

I actually love the music!! I love the way its always changes with the hours. My faves are the late night ones like around the one oclock hours when I really should be sleep ;)

what haha i am quite easily headache-prone (and migraines) but no, i don't have any problem with the music. my cousin said that he liked the older music better, though. i do get headaches if i play with the 3D on.

that is very unfortunate, though.

Last edited:
I like the music except that if you always play at 3pm, you'll never hear 1am music or 6pm music.
It begins to loop and I think that's where the problem may be.

I really enjoy New Leaf's soundtrack! It calms me and it's really fun to listen to.
I can't say the same for CF's soundtrack, tho. The music sounds too similar every hour, and it just annoys me. I always end up muting the TV.

I enjoy the NL music, NL is my very first animal crossing game I've ever played, and I mostly like the New Save File music, 7pm and 2am music, it's just very calm and relaxing.

I like New Leaf's music but I liked Wild World/City Folk's a bit better. It doesn't give me headaches; even though I get headaches a lot, they're generally not triggered by sound unless it's very loud. The only thing I don't like is that it gets repetitive, I usually play at the same time each day and I never get to hear the morning/late night music unless I play it on my computer.

I hate the New Leaf music. Some of the hourly songs are OK, but most are grating. I thought I'd grow to like them but IDK I just find them annoying. Everyone always talks about how great the soundtrack is but I don't think so. I consistently play at times between 12pm-9pm so I'm really used to hearing the same ones over again & imo the late night music is best
I wish there was a way to turn off the music!

I liked the music for the GC Animal Crossing. Wild

I like the soundtrack in general. There are a few bad ones here and there, but for the most part it's pretty good. I don't have anything else to say on that and I can't really compare it to be honest.

I like it as an overall. But I really hate some parts of the ost. Like 6pm - 8pm is just plain annoying sounding for me.

i love animal crossing music, but sometimes i get sick of the 4-8pm music in new leaf because thats when i play the most.

Last edited:
I think it's fitting for the game. I'm not expecting some Nobuo Uematsu slash Final Fantasy type music on a life simulation game or anything. I play at different times during the day too, so I never hear one section of music long enough to get sick of it.

I think it's fitting for the game. I'm not expecting some Nobuo Uematsu slash Final Fantasy type music on a life simulation game or anything. I play at different times during the day too, so I never hear one section of music long enough to get sick of it.

I agree, but there are some music I don't get at all. Like 3pm sounds like music for a town event, and 9pm is too "alive" to be 9 o'clock music. And at 12am, that one really fast piano part doesn't really go well, etc.

I like certain hours of music, such as 11PM, 1AM, 7PM and 8PM.
I don't mind the other hours, but sometimes I'd rather listen to some Trance when I play New Leaf

i love animal crossing music, but sometimes i get sick of the 4-8pm music in new leaf because thats when i play the most.

Basically this for me. Some hours I'm sick of hearing because I hear it so often :( I can't remember the hour, but I prefer the laidback and slow ones aroubd noon or afternoon, I think. I prefer the WW music better, even if it is repetitive.

I think I'm spoiled by Square Enix and other JRPGs in general because they tend to have really great music so my standards are high.

Basically this for me. Some hours I'm sick of hearing because I hear it so often :( I can't remember the hour, but I prefer the laidback and slow ones aroubd noon or afternoon, I think. I prefer the WW music better, even if it is repetitive.

I think I'm spoiled by Square Enix and other JRPGs in general because they tend to have really great music so my standards are high.

In my opinion, 3pm, 5pm, and 6pm were so relaxing in ww :D especially 6pm because it's pretty much like "It's time to settle down after a long day"

Back