'Dreamie Proof'...?

Basically something that proves you've been looking for that villager. Your signature would normally be a good place for that. (Which your signature should count as)

I'm new here and have 0 idea what this means. Can someone enlighten me?

Generally means one of the following three:
1. Post that expresses _____ villager as a dreamie (probably the least common)
2. Signature pic in your signature that has either a sprite or the villager's name on it (more common than #1, but still uncommon)
3. Text in your signature (generally what you'll encounter)

You should be fine for the most part with that sigpic that you have in your signature.

Which is really dumb, isn't it? One could just change their signature whenever they wanted...?

Even so, how do you "prove" such a thing in any meaningful way? Shall I show the cycler a shrine or a tattoo?

I always thought requiring dreamie proof was weird as well. Anyone can add a line of text, then turn around and sell him or her if that's what they really intended to do. Some cyclers and giveaway posters want to see some indication that their villager will go to permanent homes, which is why they require it, but I don't really know if there is an effective way to prove this.

I think sometimes you just have to trust people. Evidence can always be falsified, so no matter what you require there's always the chance they made it specifically to trick people. Just gotta hope for the best and look out for any suspicious activity to hopefully weed out the careless ones.

I'm new here and have 0 idea what this means. Can someone enlighten me?
The person giving away the villager wants indication that you desire the villager for sentimental reasons (as opposed to, say, wanting to 'sell' him/her for bells or other in-game items). This can be indicated in a variety of ways, such as having a custom signature image with the villager labeled a 'dreamie,' text mention of that villager being a 'dreamie' in your profile and signature (this and the previous are the most popular 'proofs'), mentions that you like the villager/are looking for the villager/etc in your post history, artwork you created of the villager, etc., etc. In fact, the more such examples you have, the more at ease the person giving away the villager becomes.

I always thought it was a little silly as well. Anyone could put anything in their signatures or make a post claiming to want someone. There's no real way to prove to someone you honestly want a certain villager for sentimental reasons. And the way I see it, if you are getting rid of the villager anyways what does it matter what someone else does with it? If they were willing to pay your price, all should be good.

I always thought it was a little silly as well. Anyone could put anything in their signatures or make a post claiming to want someone. There's no real way to prove to someone you honestly want a certain villager for sentimental reasons. And the way I see it, if you are getting rid of the villager anyways what does it matter what someone else does with it? If they were willing to pay your price, all should be good.

If someone is selling a villager, I certainly agree that anyone with the purchase price available should be entitled to buy said villager.

It is those who give away or raffle off popular villagers who want to know that the recipient won't take the free Molly, Marshal or whatever the popular villager of the day is and turn around and sell it for some ridiculous amount of bells.

hm, that's true! Give-aways kind of have a different feeling to them. And if there are a lot of people wanting the villager that's being given away for free, it certainly would be better to give it to someone and make them super happy to have a villager that they love, rather than someone who will only turn around and try to sell it for a huge price.

Back