• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Rude People

You have every right to be upset over those comments. You don't have to justify your physical ailments to anyone. I'm not sure what to suggest besides taking their comments with a grain of salt... If someone intentionally makes fun of you for that, they're truly a lost cause and not worth any emotional investment. When you get pushed around I would say something to them though, and if needed report it to the appropriate individuals.

Wow. Even if you were faking it, in the long run... why would it be SUCH a big deal? Okay, so you're walking on crutches. That doesn't effect anyone else! People at school just love to come up with excuses to start things.

I hope you feel better soon. :(

This pisses me off honestly. It makes me think of my high school. They totally would have done crap like this and their rational was always "if a white person hurt themselves, they're racist because they're hurting themselves to make everyone elses lives harder because now we have to help this person with the door for 1 second why do we always have to help white people" and if it's anyone else then their own friend groups would kick them out or ignore them or harass them for being hurt or otherwise. It's completely barbaric how they act about people they have to help. Don't even get me started on any of the disabled, mentally and/or physically, they were just disgusting. It's stuff like that and this that makes me not surprised when students go crazy and shoot up a school. If you've got 1200 disgusting racist abusive ignorant little turd children....
Not that I'm going to do it. I don't approve but I see why people get mad.

- - - Post Merge - - -

School = Animal Kingdom.

- - - Post Merge - - -

The most hilarious part is that nobody is ever going to help anyone. You'd have to go in and literally grab the principle by the neck and spit in her face with your voice to get any attention.

You have every right to be upset over those comments. You don't have to justify your physical ailments to anyone. I'm not sure what to suggest besides taking their comments with a grain of salt... If someone intentionally makes fun of you for that, they're truly a lost cause and not worth any emotional investment. When you get pushed around I would say something to them though, and if needed report it to the appropriate individuals.
It's not the comments that bother me, it's the ignorance and how rude they are. If they're low enough to insult anyone - even to go as far as I deserve this, then they really aren't worth my time. Thanks for the advice, it's appreciated! :)

This pisses me off honestly. It makes me think of my high school. They totally would have done crap like this and their rational was always "if a white person hurt themselves, they're racist because they're hurting themselves to make everyone elses lives harder because now we have to help this person with the door for 1 second why do we always have to help white people" and if it's anyone else then their own friend groups would kick them out or ignore them or harass them for being hurt or otherwise. It's completely barbaric how they act about people they have to help. Don't even get me started on any of the disabled, mentally and/or physically, they were just disgusting. It's stuff like that and this that makes me not surprised when students go crazy and shoot up a school. If you've got 1200 disgusting racist abusive ignorant little turd children....
Not that I'm going to do it. I don't approve but I see why people get mad.

- - - Post Merge - - -

School = Animal Kingdom.

- - - Post Merge - - -

The most hilarious part is that nobody is ever going to help anyone. You'd have to go in and literally grab the principle by the neck and spit in her face with your voice to get any attention.
Are you serious about your school? There's kids who make racist jokes about people in my school but most of them don't seem to care. I hate to sound rude but what do you mean by the SH thing? Do you mean how people aren't that sympathetic? Because people joke about it (which happened with me about 7 months ago and I got a lot of crap for attempting) and it really annoys me.
The head of year (equivalent to Principle) and I are close and he's come to see me when I've been ill and has gotten me presents and supported me through the past year so maybe he'll listen but I don't know. My friends wanted to borrow my wheelchair and left me in the middle of a crowded hall with my wheelchair and crutches and I had to go to one end of the school and back (for my bag) but someone voluntarily helped.

Wow. Even if you were faking it, in the long run... why would it be SUCH a big deal? Okay, so you're walking on crutches. That doesn't effect anyone else! People at school just love to come up with excuses to start things.

I hope you feel better soon. :(
Thanks, and I should take it as a compliment that I'm working so well but the ignorance is annoying. It's just getting to me.

yeah, only mean people do those things. I don't understand why people are so mean, people are mean to me all the time on the internet, and I tell them they're hurting my feelings, they act like its nothing, so they think you just nothing? That's nonsense. It's so stupid. I never knew some people could be that mean. People that mean don't know how they affecting people, especially because you are genuinely disabled.

its like that just because your disabled, they have to exclude you and make fun of you. The disabled kids in my school, EVERYONE loves em'! They actually care about people! Those people are nobodies. I'm serious. It means that they spend their whole lives making fun of people, so they are wasting precious lives doing so

Last edited:
I'm so sorry.I wouldn't survive if I was disabled...Must be hard.Just ignore those kids and tell a teacher,if they don't do anything,tell the teacher and principal because that is very messedp.Those kids have it better then you and it seems like they're spending their entire life trying to make your life worse.I hope this problem is dealt with soon!

It's not the comments that bother me, it's the ignorance and how rude they are. If they're low enough to insult anyone - even to go as far as I deserve this, then they really aren't worth my time. Thanks for the advice, it's appreciated! :)
Yeah unfortunately there will always be people like that out there. Even more unfortunate is when you're surrounded by a dense population of them - like in middle/high school. Hang in there and remember you're healing day by day.

I think one of my happiest school moments was when I graduated high school and didn't have to see any of the morons, jerks, and bullies anymore. School is like a giant playground for bullies, and it's getting worse and worse.

I can understand where you're coming from, and you're totally justified in being pissed off about it. I have crippling anxiety/panic attacks which effect my ability to do daily things like driving or shopping...or going to school when I was younger (I actually wound up going to an alternative high school).
I would get stares, and even some teachers would give me a hard time over my constantly leaving the classroom. The other kids bullied me for my hyperfocuses from having Asperger's as well (I was super into Star Wars back then), treat me as if I was crazy, and give me a hard time over either the anxiety or social situations I wasn't aware of.

I have also been accused of making up the Asperger's to get attention, or to "justify" my behavior.

So, I know what that feels like. I can't just say to you "don't listen to them", cause that's easier said than done; sometimes, you just need to rant about these things to let it out. It's actually good that you did so.
Thing is, if they're being a jerk or saying stuff like you're making it up or what-not, they just aren't educated on it (like you said). Some of the crap I went through in school prompted me recently to make a webcomic explaining about Asperger's to help people understand it, so there'd be less people who would say "you're making it up" or "it's all in your mind" or "you're using it as an excuse not to do things".

I hope you're feeling a bit better; try doing something you enjoy doing or that will make you laugh, and try not to dwell on it too much, cause people like that aren't worth your time.

Are you serious about your school? There's kids who make racist jokes about people in my school but most of them don't seem to care. I hate to sound rude but what do you mean by the SH thing? Do you mean how people aren't that sympathetic? Because people joke about it (which happened with me about 7 months ago and I got a lot of crap for attempting) and it really annoys me.
The head of year (equivalent to Principle) and I are close and he's come to see me when I've been ill and has gotten me presents and supported me through the past year so maybe he'll listen but I don't know. My friends wanted to borrow my wheelchair and left me in the middle of a crowded hall with my wheelchair and crutches and I had to go to one end of the school and back (for my bag) but someone voluntarily helped.

Very serious. I can't think of I school I went to that wasn't ridiculous. The school admin don't care, if you fall through the cracks that's not their problem even though they're the ones who's job it is to guide you and teach you what to do. If you're being bullied in any way you're suppose to just take it, no matter who you are or what the problem was. You got a broken bone or you're sick and someone kicked you around? Well you should have seen that coming and avoided it. Literally their logic. The only exception was if you were CAUGHT making fun of the disabled students to their faces, and even then barely anything would happen to those who did it. They'd get told "go away dont do that". And yes I mean people aren't sympathetic. I can take a joke. These people weren't joking. Ever.

I always imagined what it would be like if I broke a leg or whatever and had to go to school. I would have likely been knocked around and then told by the school admin that it's my fault and I should be more careful.

Geez..if you're hurt you're hurt. You shouldn't have to prove that to anyone. I'm sorry you're having to deal with such insensitive jerks. Sure no one has to give you sympathy, but they don't have to be rude about it either.
If you have nothing nice to say, why say it?

Jerks. There are many people like that in my school, which consists of at least 180 kids. Yes, 180.

But being pushed around by 1200 kids? What the hell?

Have you consulted to teachers, or gotten a not from parents? If you get notes, people will know it's true, as it's a parents consultation.

If that doesn't work, I'll jut have to leave you with a sorry, a there isn't anything I can do right now.

Though I can kinda relate, as I sprained my foot 3 weeks ago in soccer and and it till hurts and everyone thinks I'm okay, and that it would be okay to push me down, even my best friend, as well.

So, as you know, the best way to do anything is just ignore and walk away. If that doesn'Tt work, then I was completely wrong, and I can't help you any further.

What the hell what kind of ****s would say you're faking a disability and then not hold the door open for you?

They just sound like awful human beings.

Why would they think your faking it? That's so rude. Nobody should treat disabled people like that.

I'm sorry that's messed up. Go to a different school because that one is full of future McDonald's workers

I think that it is rude that people are pushing you down and thinking that your injury is fake, but I also think that nobody should technically be obligated to hold the door open for you. No offense. Most people just don't think about opening the door or acknowledge other people in the hallway. They usually just rush to class or chat with their friends for a few seconds. Maybe they are just too busy to acknowledge your disabilities instead of just not wanting to help? At least that's what I see at my school.

Last edited:
Yeah unfortunately there will always be people like that out there. Even more unfortunate is when you're surrounded by a dense population of them - like in middle/high school. Hang in there and remember you're healing day by day.

Thanks for that. :)

I think that it is rude that people are pushing you down and thinking that your injury is fake, but I also think that nobody should technically be obligated to hold the door open for you. No offense. Most people just don't think about opening the door or acknowledge other people in the hallway. They usually just rush to class or chat with their friends for a few seconds. Maybe they are just too busy to acknowledge your disabilities instead of just not wanting to help? At least that's what I see at my school.
None taken. I don't want people to bow down at my feet but I think it's just common courtesy to leave doors open for people. The only people who open doors for me is people who're with me and teachers. And about the people who don't acknowledge other people in the hallway, I'm mostly talking about prefects who ask me do I really need crutches and watch me struggle to open the door while they're either side of it.

I think one of my happiest school moments was when I graduated high school and didn't have to see any of the morons, jerks, and bullies anymore. School is like a giant playground for bullies, and it's getting worse and worse.

I can understand where you're coming from, and you're totally justified in being pissed off about it. I have crippling anxiety/panic attacks which effect my ability to do daily things like driving or shopping...or going to school when I was younger (I actually wound up going to an alternative high school).
I would get stares, and even some teachers would give me a hard time over my constantly leaving the classroom. The other kids bullied me for my hyperfocuses from having Asperger's as well (I was super into Star Wars back then), treat me as if I was crazy, and give me a hard time over either the anxiety or social situations I wasn't aware of.

I have also been accused of making up the Asperger's to get attention, or to "justify" my behavior.

So, I know what that feels like. I can't just say to you "don't listen to them", cause that's easier said than done; sometimes, you just need to rant about these things to let it out. It's actually good that you did so.
Thing is, if they're being a jerk or saying stuff like you're making it up or what-not, they just aren't educated on it (like you said). Some of the crap I went through in school prompted me recently to make a webcomic explaining about Asperger's to help people understand it, so there'd be less people who would say "you're making it up" or "it's all in your mind" or "you're using it as an excuse not to do things".

I hope you're feeling a bit better; try doing something you enjoy doing or that will make you laugh, and try not to dwell on it too much, cause people like that aren't worth your time.
It's good that you ranted about that as well, that sounds horrible. People don't seem to understand and it goes beyond me how ignorant and rude they can be to say people are faking illnesses and judging you for it. The fact kids AND teachers judged you for it is beyond me and is sickening, but you making a webcomic to show what Asperger's is about is great and will help people understand and will support people in similar situations.

And same to you to. It just annoys me deeply but I mostly ignore it even though I feel like turning round and telling them "I can hear you".
Very serious. I can't think of I school I went to that wasn't ridiculous. The school admin don't care, if you fall through the cracks that's not their problem even though they're the ones who's job it is to guide you and teach you what to do. If you're being bullied in any way you're suppose to just take it, no matter who you are or what the problem was. You got a broken bone or you're sick and someone kicked you around? Well you should have seen that coming and avoided it. Literally their logic. The only exception was if you were CAUGHT making fun of the disabled students to their faces, and even then barely anything would happen to those who did it. They'd get told "go away dont do that". And yes I mean people aren't sympathetic. I can take a joke. These people weren't joking. Ever.

I always imagined what it would be like if I broke a leg or whatever and had to go to school. I would have likely been knocked around and then told by the school admin that it's my fault and I should be more careful.
Wow. There's a few good apples in the bunch that support me but they're the people I'll see walking around school once a week.
Yeah, my school is a bit more harsh on the topic of bullying than other instances I've heard but in a survey in my English class it was unanimous - everyone didn't feel safe, and yes that's 30 out of 1200 but judging by what goes on around school I think the only people who feel safe are the Year 11s (12th Graders?) because they push people around.
I can take a joke but some of the jokes I hear about me (and other disabled people) are disgusting, and it's probably the best school in the area. Luckily my teachers are supportive, making sure I get home alright and asking if I'm okay and letting me go early while one said 'well you can go home early that can't be bad'. I couldn't really respond to that, even though I hope it was meant in a jokey kind of way.

On the topic of teachers though, a PE teacher shouted at me and another boy to pick up the rugby balls and put them into a bag. When I say shouted, I mean shouted, the boy couldn't do it because he had hurt his leg and it hurt him to bend down, while I had to walk like a penguin on wet grass to collect them. Now I could've said 'no, I can't' but most male P.E. teachers are brutal and not understanding, making us run 2 miles in less than 12 minutes (I'm not sure if it's 2 miles exact) and then shaming us by calling us unfit and fat if we do it over. He was attacking the other boy for his injury so I thought, 'Do it and if I fall, try to sue him.' My mum's reporting him though, so I win, I suppose.

Back