Giveaway Happy October/Halloween [Winners Announced: Thank You for the Support!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Truffle

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
New Horizons Token
Holiday Candy Cane 2018
Winter Mittens
Pumpkin Cupcake
Happy Home Designer Token
Ancient Lantern
Cake
Astral Inner Planet Floating Gold #10
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
Silver Mailbox
Feedback
100% (7) +
Thank you for a successful giveaway! I hope to do another one in the future. :)
Co-hosting with Starlark, please feel free to PM her or me any questions you have!

Happy October, TBT! To celebrate Autumn I'm doing a small giveaway for this month. Every day from October 1st until October 31st, there will be a chance to win something. A random winner will be picked using random.org at the end of each day. (I'm living in Germany, but will be basing it on Eastern Time since it will make it easier to award prizes.) I will try my best to announce the winner of each day the next morning and distribute the prize at the same time. You can enter once per day!

October 1: Yellow Candy (TBT Collectible)
Winner: Leela

October 2: Yellow Candy (TBT Collectible)
Winner: Feloreena

October 3: Yellow Candy (TBT Collectible)
Winner: Lovelylexi

October 4: Yellow Candy (TBT Collectible)
Winner: SoSu

October 5: Yellow Candy (TBT Collectible)
Winner: Faybun

October 6: Yellow Candy (TBT Collectible)
Winner: Sparkanine

October 7: Yellow Candy (TBT Collectible)
Winner: Cadbberry

October 8: Yellow Candy (TBT Collectible)
Winner: ellabella12345

October 9: Yellow Candy (TBT Collectible)
Winner: ACMaud

October 10: Yellow Candy (TBT Collectible)
Winner: Marisska

October 11: Yellow Candy (TBT Collectible)
Winner: PurplPanda

October 12: Yellow Candy (TBT Collectible)
Winner: BirdsAreCoolYo

October 13: Yellow Candy (TBT Collectible)
Winner: Phoebe

October 14: Yellow Candy (TBT Collectible)
Winner: KitsuneNikki

October 15: Yellow Candy (TBT Collectible) & 100 TBT
Winner: Zulehan

October 16: Yellow Candy (TBT Collectible)
Winner: Elise

October 17: Yellow Candy (TBT Collectible)
Winner: jazzy_jamie

October 18: Yellow Candy (TBT Collectible)
Winner: Shirohibiki

October 19: Yellow Candy (TBT Collectible)
Winner: Gracelia

October 20: Yellow Candy (TBT Collectible)
Winner: Lockfancy

October 21: Yellow Candy (TBT Collectible)
Winner: Coach

October 22: Yellow Candy (TBT Collectible)
Winner: SteveyTaco

October 23: Yellow Candy (TBT Collectible)
Winner: Ayaya

October 24: Yellow Candy (TBT Collectible) & Drawing of Your Favorite Animal Crossing Villager (Courtesy of Starlark - Will PM details)
Winner: Gracelia

October 25: Yellow Candy (TBT Collectible) & Drawing of Your Favorite Animal Crossing Villager (Courtesy of Starlark - Will PM details)
Winner: Mayorofarcadia

October 26: Yellow Candy (TBT Collectible) & Drawing of Your Favorite Animal Crossing Villager (Courtesy of Starlark - Will PM details)
Winner: mysticoma

October 27: Yellow Candy (TBT Collectible) & Drawing of Your Favorite Animal Crossing Villager (Courtesy of Starlark - Will PM details)
Winner: LyraVale

October 28: Yellow Candy (TBT Collectible) & Drawing of Your Favorite Animal Crossing Villager (Courtesy of Starlark - Will PM details)
Winner: Kawaii Cupcakes

October 29: Yellow & Red Candy (TBT Collectibles) & Drawing of Your Favorite Animal Crossing Villager (Courtesy of Starlark - Will PM details) & 100 TBT Bells
Winner: Ayaya

October 30: Yellow Candy (TBT Collectible) & Drawing of Your Favorite Animal Crossing Villager (Courtesy of Starlark - Will PM details) & 100 TBT Bells
Winner: Mieiki

October 31: Green Feather (TBT Collectible) & Drawing of Your Animal Crossing Mayor (Courtesy of Starlark - Will PM details) & 113 TBT
Winner: (Announced in thread! - Winner has been notified.)

Every day will be a little bit different as for how to enter. Some days will be more challenging and require more effort, while others might be something easier such as answering a question (no right/wrong answer - I'm not trying to trick you!). However all of these won't take more than a few minutes of your time to do. Get creative and have fun with it!

October 1: Question: What's your favorite thing about Autumn?

October 2: Question: What's your least favorite thing about Autumn?

October 3: Question: Do you enjoy carving pumpkins?

October 4: Carve a (digital) pumpkin!
On a computer:

-Pick a website to create a pumpkin! You can either google "Carve a digital pumpkin" or just use the one that I did. A very easy one to use is ABCya! (http://www.abcya.com/pumpkin_carving.htm)

(If using ABCya!)

-Press "Go" in the bottom right corner

-Pick your pumpkin and then begin carving my making shapes with your cursor (or if you press the gear symbol in the bottom right you can use some pre-made designs/shapes as well)

-When you're finished, press the view button on the right-hand side (Open up the gear symbol in the bottom right first if you haven't already)

-Press the gear button again in the bottom-right and select "share"

-Type in your name/username and press the first symbol with the blue arrow (it will let you save your pumpkin as an image)

-Upload your picture to TBT so we can all admire your masterpiece! :)

If you're using a mobile device/tablet:

Download a pumpkin carving one that you like! It's very easy to find one if you search "pumpkin carving".

I used this one on my iPhone: http://www.parents.com/mobile-apps/pumpkin-carving/
You can also look up "Carve-a-pumpkin" in the app store if you're using an iOS device.

(If using the Carve-a-pumpkin that I recommended)

-Download it for free in the app store

-Press Start and swipe your screen left/right to pick a pumpkin

-Draw on your pumpkin and it will cut it for you, or press decorate in the bottom-right and swipe your screen up/down to choose a design

-Press continue in the top-right

-Swipe up/down to choose a background

-Press continue in the top-right

-Save as a photo

-Upload to TBT so we can all admire your masterpiece! :)

Here is one that I made:
-Find an image of a pumpkin to doodle on! I recommend this one since it is simple and is a .png image (It doesn't have that icky white background.)

-Open the pumpkin template in gimp, photoshop, any drawing application, etc. (Whatever you like to use! I use a free program called MyPaint -> http://mypaint.intilinux.com/ )

-Edit it to look like whatever you want!

-Save and upload to TBT so we can all admire your masterpiece!

An example of one that I made:

October 5: Take & upload a picture of the scenery outside!

October 6: Question: What is/are your favorite Fall/Halloween decoration(s) that you have?

October 7: Draw a red/orange/yellow colored leaf!

October 8: Name your favorite food to eat in the Fall.

October 9: Write anything in your post including the word "October"

October 10: Describe Autumn in one word.

October 11: Describe Autumn in one sentence.

October 12: Question: Do you like pumpkin pie?

October 13: Take & upload a picture of the scenery outside!

October 14: Draw anything related to Fall!

October 15: Write a short poem about Autumn.

October 16: Post a recipe (from Google is fine) that looks good!

October 17: Favorite Animal Crossing memory from Autumn/Halloween?

October 18: Make up an acronym for F.A.L.L.

October 19: Make a leaf rubbing & upload a picture of it!
Example:

Five step directions can be found here: http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Leaf-Rubbing

Use whatever colors you like and have fun with it! :)
October 20: Question: What's your favorite Halloween Candy?

October 21: Post a song from Youtube that is your October jam.

October 22: Draw a ghost! Boo! :p

October 23: Question: What plans do you have for Halloween?

October 24: Make a Halloween themed decoration/craft and take a picture! O̶r̶ ̶i̶f̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶'̶r̶e̶ ̶f̶e̶e̶l̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶l̶a̶z̶y̶,̶ ̶f̶i̶n̶d̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶G̶o̶o̶g̶l̶e̶ (I believe in your ability to be crafty and make something!)

October 25: Question: Are you dressing up this year for Halloween?

October 26: Draw an Autumn scene!

October 27: Name something fun that you did today.

October 28: (Dedicated to the users in Australia) What's your favorite thing about Spring?

October 29: Say something random about Halloween.

October 30: Question: Is the inside/outside of your house decorated for Halloween?

October 31: Post "Happy Halloween"!

If you would like to sponsor a specific day by donating to the giveaway, please let me know! Any donations would be appreciated, it can be TBT/collectibles/artwork/anything. Contributions are appreciated. If you donate you may also change the topic/requirement of the day that you sponsor to whatever you like (Within reason, of course. :p) Thanks!

Special thank you to:

starlark
mysticoma
Leela
Vanillabeth
BellGreen
Stacie

To ensure the OP was read, thank participants, and prevent cheating, I have a few additional requirements for October 31st.

-Your account must have been made before or on October 29th, 2014.

-You must have entered at least one of the previous days (October 1st - October 30th). I will be checking this using the search thread tool.

-Please include the number "13" somewhere in your post!

*I reserve the right to change rules for eligibility, prizes, etc. Thanks for entering!

Last edited:
Wow, I've really been wanting a Yellow Candy! :eek:

My favorite thing about Autumn is the weather! I love how it is not too hot, but not freezing either!

Aww that's so cool!

Children's Halloween songs. Like this one!

Favorite thing about autumn is catching up with friends that I have not seen over the summer.

My sister will be coming back from working abroad.

Last edited:
Ee this looks fun! I'd love to contribute some prizes, I'll PM you! :)
It's the season when everything dies down for a bit. Nothing too crazy happens (with the exception of Halloween and Guy Fawkes' night here) and it's cool. The deer start to come out along with the usual donkeys and ponies and plod, gallop and bound their ways down our roads. It's adorable!
Also, it's sweater weather. Everyone loves sweater weather, trust me. <3

My birthday :D
which is coming soon on the 6th!

How generous of you! :O

My favourite thing about autumn is seeing my younger sisters dress up (even if it is Frozen..) and taking them trick or treating! :)

My favorite thing about autumn is the random squirrels running around my neighborhood. They are so funny to watch!

My favorite thing about Autumn is my birthday and Thanksgiving. They are very close or on the same day sometimes. :)

My favourite thing about autumn is the trees in my garden. They're all reds, oranges and golds. It's really pretty :3

Thank you for doing this!

My fav thing about autumn?

The transformation of the scenery (one reason I love living where I do, experiencing all the seasons), especially the changing colors of the leaves, and then watching them float to the ground as they fall off the trees. The fall season has always been my fav season to capture the beauty of nature through the eye of my camera lense. Watching the leaves change and then fall to the ground reminds me that autumn is a good time to reflect on life and make changes where needed and let what no longer serves me to fall away and die.

My favorite thing about autumn is the leaves changing colors the air getting cooler and all the holidays coming up!

My favorite part of Autumn is Halloween. I live in Florida and we really don't have Fall colors or temperatures. Green and hot is pretty much year round. The contest is so kind of you!

My favorite thing of October has to be the colors and the weather.

My favourite thing about autumn is the leaves falling all the trees and everything looking golden brown! :D :)

Such an awesome giveaway you are doing!

Anyway, my favorite thing about Autumn has to be the weather.
I live in So Cal and Summer's are usually 95-102 degrees but when Fall comes around, it's just so nice.
The weather cools down and I get to bust my flannels out and drink a nice pumpkin spice latte.

My favorite thing about autum is the autumn-themed promotions. Pumpkin spice lattes and leaf cookies are my favorite.

Last edited:
My favorite thing about Autumn is that its not too hot or not too cold outside, and I like the colors of the leaves changing on the trees, and I guess I like November 1st when candy comes on sale xD

Hey, how generous of you to host this. :eek:

My favorite things about Autumn is seeing the leaves of the trees turn form green to variations of reds, yellows, oranges and golds. Not only that but sweater season too! I like wearing comfy sweaters that I can wear almost everyday but not when I am sleeping or showering. Two holidays are coming up: Thanksgiving and Halloween. I don't really have the spirit of Halloween because, usually I have low funds to buy a costume and it isn't possible to go Trick-or-Treating around my neighborhood hence it is dangerous at night. Though it is possible to make your own costumes, but I'm very lazy at the moment, so I decided to not celebrate Halloween.

Ah, Thanksgiving. I learned some history about its past when I was younger. Apparently, it wasn't a Thanksgiving back then, though it is celebrated all year now. Time to feast on lots of food made by other family members. Good thing I have my mom's and dad's side, so two Thanksgivings in one day! I would be fully stuffed after the day.

Autumn, trees, weather and holidays. Plus I really like the word Autumn too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back