Do you like to bake/cook?

Nyxia

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
3 Envelopes
If so, what do you like to cook/bake and why?
When did you start?
Do you have any favourite dishes?

Last edited:
I do, yeah! Only occasionally though, because I hate cleaning up afterwards, so most of the time my kitchen is too full of dirty dishes to use it for cooking. Whoops. I'm not sure when I started but I did start with like... fried eggs and pasta sauce, the standard things. By now, I can do almost anything with a recipe, but I don't usually make things that require a lot of effort. I'd say that my cooking is okay. I have a bit of trouble with baking sometimes because I follow the directions but somehow the cake doesn't get solid enough anyway and it falls apart when I take it out of the baking dish...

i started doing basic stuff like frying eggs, making pancakes at 13

Awesome, pancakes are a firm favourite of mine.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I do, yeah! Only occasionally though, because I hate cleaning up afterwards, so most of the time my kitchen is too full of dirty dishes to use it for cooking. Whoops. I'm not sure when I started but I did start with like... fried eggs and pasta sauce, the standard things. By now, I can do almost anything with a recipe, but I don't usually make things that require a lot of effort. I'd say that my cooking is okay. I have a bit of trouble with baking sometimes because I follow the directions but somehow the cake doesn't get solid enough anyway and it falls apart when I take it out of the baking dish...

Cleaning up is definitely the worst about cooking and baking. Personally I'm more of a baker than a chef, so cakes aren't too bad. Do you ever try using those sachets of powder that you just add some eggs and milk too? So easy and they usually are really tasty.

I absolutely adore baking. I love everything about it. Breaking eggs, measuring out milk and flour, mixing it up, seeing it rise up in the oven. It's so magical. Plus I have to bake a lot of stuff because I'm coeliac and you're kinda limited when it comes to gluten-free baked treats in the supermarket.

My favourite things to bake are cakes. I just love cake. I could eat cake everyday. I also love baking because I can decide not to ice it, which is a really nice perk because I cannot stand the taste of icing. Whether it be icing sugar or buttercream icing. I hate most sweet things.

My special talent though is that despite having baked regularly for several years, I am literally so bad at it it's painful. I suppose part of the reason why I'm so bad is down to my own stupidity. But even though I re-read and double check the recipe a million times, I still don't register what I've done wrong till it's too late. I always confuse tablespoon for teaspoon resulting in me once adding about 10 tablespoons of baking powder (for some reason I didn't see anything wrong with this at the time. I'm dumb okay) and the cake literally ended up resembling an abused sponge. It had weird holes and cooked really weirdly by burning on the top and being mush at the bottom, then it ended up deflating because of all the air holes. I still felt I should have submitted that cake to a science museum for the greatest minds of our generation to puzzle over. I'm still not sure how it was possible to mess up a simple cake that badly, but I did.

I absolutely adore baking. I love everything about it. Breaking eggs, measuring out milk and flour, mixing it up, seeing it rise up in the oven. It's so magical. Plus I have to bake a lot of stuff because I'm coeliac and you're kinda limited when it comes to gluten-free baked treats in the supermarket.

My favourite things to bake are cakes. I just love cake. I could eat cake everyday. I also love baking because I can decide not to ice it, which is a really nice perk because I cannot stand the taste of icing. Whether it be icing sugar or buttercream icing. I hate most sweet things.

My special talent though is that despite having baked regularly for several years, I am literally so bad at it it's painful. I suppose part of the reason why I'm so bad is down to my own stupidity. But even though I re-read and double check the recipe a million times, I still don't register what I've done wrong till it's too late. I always confuse tablespoon for teaspoon resulting in me once adding about 10 tablespoons of baking powder (for some reason I didn't see anything wrong with this at the time. I'm dumb okay) and the cake literally ended up resembling an abused sponge. It had weird holes and cooked really weirdly by burning on the top and being mush at the bottom, then it ended up deflating because of all the air holes. I still felt I should have submitted that cake to a science museum for the greatest minds of our generation to puzzle over. I'm still not sure how it was possible to mess up a simple cake that badly, but I did.

Haha! Those things happen to the best of us. One time I mixed up baking soda and baking powder and didn't realise. I think it's fair to say that my pancakes tasted like a washing machine.

the best way to avoid confusing tsp with tbsp is not to measure the ingredients with such precision. i very rarely measure things these days, cooking is not an exact science.

I like it...but last time I tried the microwave nearly exploded.....not saying I'm a bad cook tho :0

YEEEEESSS.
I love cooking pancakes and hamburgers. qvq Flipping stuff is fun.
I started cooking a couple years ago I think?

the best way to avoid confusing tsp with tbsp is not to measure the ingredients with such precision. i very rarely measure things these days, cooking is not an exact science.

Unfortunately I think I'm lacking in common sense and perception to do that! I'm so envious of people who can do that kind of style of cooking. My grandma just KNEW how to make everything without a recipe, and could just throw in some extra stuff without measuring if she wanted to try something different.

I once had a recipe about making doughnuts and where I had printed off the recipe there was an ink splotch obscuring how much butter to use. So instead of googling the recipe I figured I should just guess how much butter to put in being the masterful expert baker that I am. Because I make fantastic life decisions.

I don't know if you can imagine consuming something which can best be described as 'slimy dough lumps' but yeah. I do recall racing them across the kitchen counter. Seriously those things moved super fast for soggy hunks of sadness.

I'd like to say I only occasionally mess up but to be honest my bakes only come out semi-decent 2 out of 5 times. I have the same relationship with singing as I do with baking. I absolutely love doing it and I try so hard but I am unbelievably awful at it.

Yeah, I bake brownies, biscuits, cookies, fairy cakes and go sell them with one of my friends at a market stall thingy every other Sunday if we can :)

I love cooking and baking. Although I usually am the "helper" when it comes to baking since my sister enjoys it a lot more than I do. I started cooking on my own when I was 7-8 years old with the basic things (eggs, pancakes, stir fry, etc.). Now, I pretty much cook whatever I want to try and improvise if I lack the equipment.

I am usually cooking up something in the Asian cuisine as I prefer those tastes over other cuisine.

i cook meth in me basement

jk i dont cook because im scared that im gonna burn meself

I like baking sweets like brownies and cake but I also really love making pancakes. :) Cooking is more of a chore though, but I am pretty proud of myself when my dish comes out right. :'3

Yes, I love baking pies, especially apple and blueberry at the holidays. My favorite dinner recipes is probably meatloaf. I'm still learning, though. I have to teach myself all of the recipes because no one taught me to cook growing up (and I was exempt from Home Ec. in middle school).

Yeah, I bake brownies, biscuits, cookies, fairy cakes and go sell them with one of my friends at a market stall thingy every other Sunday if we can :)

Wow, that must be fun! I would love to have friends that liked baking.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I love cooking and baking. Although I usually am the "helper" when it comes to baking since my sister enjoys it a lot more than I do. I started cooking on my own when I was 7-8 years old with the basic things (eggs, pancakes, stir fry, etc.). Now, I pretty much cook whatever I want to try and improvise if I lack the equipment.

I am usually cooking up something in the Asian cuisine as I prefer those tastes over other cuisine.

Why do you think you prefer Asian cuisine?

I love cooking and baking! Baking probably more so than cooking. I usually cook at least 2 meals at home every day for my other half and I, so cooking isn't as exciting to me anymore (even though I still enjoy it!)

But baking is something that's usually for more special occasions (like, we've run out of dessert ;) ) and I can experiment a bit more. Also, my science loving side enjoys baking so much.

Cooking may not be an exact science, but baking certainly is! Just ask anyone who's attempted macarons. :D

I love cooking and baking! Baking probably more so than cooking. I usually cook at least 2 meals at home every day for my other half and I, so cooking isn't as exciting to me anymore (even though I still enjoy it!)

But baking is something that's usually for more special occasions (like, we've run out of dessert ;) ) and I can experiment a bit more. Also, my science loving side enjoys baking so much.

Cooking may not be an exact science, but baking certainly is! Just ask anyone who's attempted macarons. :D

Yes Macaroons are definitely a challenge! I attempted them once, only for them to stick to the parchment paper. I think it was because I didn't leave them long enough to cool?

Back