Bagworm

kwark

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
How I catch a bagworm? I understand they hide in the trees. Do I also need to search the fruit trees?

I think they can show up in fruit trees too. According to the wiki this is the first game in the series in which they can turn up on them.

I caught my first spider recently which is the summer equivalent of a bagworm. They are shaken from fruit trees, I have never found any in other trees so I do not know if it is specifically fruit trees. The fruit trees can be with or without fruit. Here's a short video showing someone catching a bagworm.

Yes. Just hit the trees with your net, they will pop out. I did not shake any trees.

I don't shake the trees,I just swipe my net at the leafy parts.It works for spiders too.As far as I know,they can be in any of the trees.

Last edited:
Do you have to hit the tree twice, both left and right?

To improve your odds of finding a bagworm,yes,hit both sides,but if I remember right(it's been a while since I've caught one),most of the bagworms/spiders I've found have been on the left side of the tree...I'm not sure why.

Both hitting them with the net without shaking them and finding them in fruit trees are new to New Leaf, I have tested all the previous games and these two points are present in any of them.

New Leaf is a complete revamp so it feels like the coding was completely done from scratch, so these differences compared to the copy and paste style of previous games do not surprise me.

Last edited:
This is news to me! I did not know that you don't have to shake the tree first! ... Going to check this out ASAP :D
I always had trouble shaking the tree, arming my net, and swinging ... And the little beggar always scooted back up into the branches while I was still ineffectively swinging my net around! What a Gong show! Lol

I don't shake the trees,I just swipe my net at the leafy parts.It works for spiders too.As far as I know,they can be in any of the trees.

All those bee stings, and now I found out I didn't need to shake the trees??!! Good to know for my second town. Thanks!

Most likely it was fixed so we don't have to shake our perfect fruit trees.
I've had villagers ask for one and none of my cedar or sampling trees would give it up.
No way would I shake all my perfect trees for a bagworm. It could be the last tree.

I've found one on a perfect tree that died while harvesting.

Just reporting that I tried this out ... And TA DAAH!! I caught a spider!
I can't believe that I have played this game daily for well over a year, and just learned something new! WooHoo! Thanks for posting this thread, Kwark! :D

Back