• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Loneliness

Alice

piloting a blimp
Bells
Winter Mittens
Ice Cream Swirl (TBT Beach Party)
Popsicle (TBT Beach Party)
June Birthstone (Pearl)
Togepi Easter Egg
Cake
Pokéball
So, I've been feeling exceptionally lonely lately, even when talking with friends, or being in groups. It's really been putting a damper on everything I do, and I'm having trouble getting past it. So I'm half making this thread to talk about it, and half to find out what you guys do when you're feeling lonely, or why you feel lonely in the first place. I dunno, maybe this is stupid, but I'm really tired of feeling like this. Maybe I'll get some ideas.

tumblr_m6b0q5uL7j1rwhujso6_250.gif

Last edited:
i feel the same, and i think loneliness is one of the worst things you can feel when you're feeling down. i have a few things i do when i feel really lonely so here you go, i hope they help
i hang out with my pets, i'm pretty dependent on animals for my mental health so i always have a pet to hang out with. it does have to be a dog or a cat (although they are the best as they can give some good cuddles), i have a budgie (who is a good talker) and a yabbie (who is a good listener), but even fish are super comforting too! if you cant have pets for one reason or another, watching birds, hanging out and catching bugs, or just watching any sort of little critter works for me
i also watch youtube, mainly lets players when i'm feeling lonely. its kinda like hanging out with friends without the stress! its a good laugh and an easy way to get a smile on my face
and of course, talking to someone! whether its an stranger online, an online chat (like a crisis one if you're feeling horrible), a friend or a family member, it helps. i usually find i dont talk to people when i'm lonely even though it would help, its hard to say 'i'm lonely' when you're feeling lonely, so i usually bring it up when i'm not feeling so bad, and it helps
i hope you find something to make you feel less lonely and things start looking up. feeling lonely is really horrible and it usually drive you away from what you need most, interaction. i really hope you find something on this thread that helps <3
stay strong, you can always shoot me a message if you need a stranger to talk to

I really hope so too, I'm sort of at wits end with myself. I've run out of things to watch on youtube so I end up sitting around during my idle time. I feel kind of silly about the whole thing because I have a decent number of people who are willing to talk or be there for me if I need it, but I have trouble articulating my more needy feelings to them. But lately I've been getting worse to the point where I always feel isolated, and it's the worst feeling. I try to fill the void with things like art, or mmo's... but I'm bad at getting art and suck at keeping with MMO's.

Last edited:
“Loneliness is having no one around to complain to about feeling lonely.”
— Leon, Rune Factory 4

I've been waiting to post this because bored

same i feel u that is why i am looking for hot boys

Eh I just get over it. I enjoy having my alone time. It's the only time I can do what I want without constantly getting interrupted. I can draw, read, play videogames, and etc. Nobody will be there to stare at me, wonder what I'm doing, or tell me to go do something I don't want to. Just know that it will always pass. If you still feel miserable, you could try finding a significant other.

Idm being lonely, especially when I'm alone at home cos I can sing where nobody will hear me and be myself where nobody can judge me

Don't wallow in negative thoughts! Participate in face-to-face interaction with positive people and think of practical ways you can improve yourself. Heck, sometimes it's also good to think outside of yourself. Whatever you do, don't fall into isolation as this will only lead to depression and intense feelings of loneliness. You can be happy. If you try, you might be surprised :)

Eh I just get over it. I enjoy having my alone time. It's the only time I can do what I want without constantly getting interrupted. I can draw, read, play videogames, and etc. Nobody will be there to stare at me, wonder what I'm doing, or tell me to go do something I don't want to. Just know that it will always pass. If you still feel miserable, you could try finding a significant other.

There's a difference between being alone and feeling lonely. "Try finding a significant other" - much easier said than done.

Idm being lonely, especially when I'm alone at home cos I can sing where nobody will hear me and be myself where nobody can judge me

There's a difference between being lonely vs. being alone. I'm sure tons of people love their solitude, but what Alice is experiencing at the moment is closer to a painful feeling rather than bliss.

There's a difference between being lonely vs. being alone. I'm sure tons of people love their solitude, but what Alice is experiencing at the moment is closer to a painful feeling rather than bliss.

ok thanks for critiquing my loneliness and the fact that I am trying to make the best out of a hopeless situation. i now agree that we should all sit here and feel sorry for ourselves

Well what exactly causes loneliness besides being alone? Maybe if you ask yourself why you are feeling this way, then you can find the source and eliminate it. You're with a group that you don't necessarily enjoy, so why not try finding another?

ok thanks for critiquing my loneliness and the fact that I am trying to make the best out of a hopeless situation. i now agree that we should all sit here and feel sorry for ourselves
No, noooo! You're taking this the wrong way. I didn't mean to offend... And I certainly don't condone that kind of retro-productive thinking, either x__x

So, I've been feeling exceptionally lonely lately, even when talking with friends, or being in groups. It's really been putting a damper on everything I do, and I'm having trouble getting past it. So I'm half making this thread to talk about it, and half to find out what you guys do when you're feeling lonely, or why you feel lonely in the first place. I dunno, maybe this is stupid, but I'm really tired of feeling like this. Maybe I'll get some ideas.

tumblr_m6b0q5uL7j1rwhujso6_250.gif

No, noooo! You're taking this the wrong way. I didn't mean to offend... And I certainly don't condone that kind of retro-productive thinking, either x__x

this is what i do - sorry if i didn't say 'when i'm feeling loney i sit down and mope', because i don't.

this is what i do - sorry if i didn't say 'when i'm feeling loney i sit down and mope', because i don't.

Thanks for the clarification then. I didn't mean to belittle your post. Sorry if it came off that way >D<;;

Well what exactly causes loneliness besides being alone? Maybe if you ask yourself why you are feeling this way, then you can find the source and eliminate it. You're with a group that you don't necessarily enjoy, so why not try finding another?

Again, that's much easier said than done. I'm not a social butterfly, so moving between groups is hard for me, if I can even do it. Being along does not constitute a feeling of loneliness, nor does a feeling of loneliness constitute being alone. Simply put: even if I have people around me that love me right now, I'm having trouble feeling connected to them. I feel secluded in my emotions, and I'm being held down.

Last edited:
~

I live alone. It's hard not to get lonely. I don't talk a whole lot to my family, and I'm not very social, either.

I read this one article once about what older people would tell their younger selves. One of the main things was that loneliness, or having no friends, or feeling sad or depressed, these things are all completely normal. You aren't alone, so many people are commenting and telling their own stories. It's perfectly normal to feel lonely, and if your friends make you feel that way, maybe you NEED to separate yourself. You basically have to decide what you want, or what you need. Do you want to feel this way? And if not, what can you change?

Without sounding too harsh, I don't think the suggestion to "get over it" is actually bad. The idea of feeling lonely is often paired with selfishness and self-indulgence, perhaps one might be focussing too much on themselves and their own problems. This is why as someone else said watching youtube videos, for example playthroughs of games and such is helpful, as you are taken into someone else's experience, and thus you don't really need to think for yourself. So the idea of "getting over it" can involve opening yourself up and indulging in other's ideas, perspectives, and emotions and in a way getting over yourself. Once you are able to be open, you can then try applying this person that you have been keeping within you; a being which is the core of this feeling of loneliness to the world around you.

Without sounding too harsh, I don't think the suggestion to "get over it" is actually bad. The idea of feeling lonely is often paired with selfishness and self-indulgence, perhaps one might be focussing too much on themselves and their own problems. This is why as someone else said watching youtube videos, for example playthroughs of games and such is helpful, as you are taken into someone else's experience, and thus you don't really need to think for yourself. So the idea of "getting over it" can involve opening yourself up and indulging in other's ideas, perspectives, and emotions and in a way getting over yourself. Once you are able to be open, you can then try applying this person that you have been keeping within you; a being which is the core of this feeling of loneliness to the world around you.

This may be situational. Just because you open yourself up to new concepts and ideas, doesn't exactly mean that they're going to fall in line with yours and make everything seem less segmented. To just "get over it", would be to just lessen the intensity of what you're feeling and brush it off, by how you want me to go about it, instead of confronting it and actually accepting it. I don't feel alone simply because I don't think I can find someone. It's very hard for me to get out and find someone to be around at this present time. I mean sure lets players sound nice and all, but it's a lot less personable to me. I'm always looking for someone to connect with, so I don't feel so alienated from everyone but myself.

Last edited:
Back