• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Animes that ended too early.

Kissyme100

❀੯ू❛ัू &#379
Bells
3 Envelopes
Have you ever watched an anime and just wished there was more episodes. It seems a lot of popular animes are either really long or really short.

I just finished the Ao Haru Ride anime (it ended at 12 episodes ) and I'm a a little sad it's over because it was fun to look forward to a new episode coming out and in my opinion they ended it at a really bad point! There was so many questions unanswered. I ended up reading the manga to find out what happened. I don't know, I just felt like it should of been longer, maybe 24 episodes?

So, what anime do you think is too short? How many episodes was it and how many episodes did you want?

Yes, I realized I put to instead of "too" I was typing fast! lol

Last edited:
Ouran Host Club. They should have paired her with someone so we would not still be fighting over who she would end up in a serious relationship with.

Ouran Host Club. They should have paired her with someone so we would not still be fighting over who she would end up in a serious relationship with.

Ugh, I know!! I really want a 2nd season! The Ao haru ride anime did the same thing but with 2 girls liking the same guy. They just left it.

Most Anime I've watched (or rather started) were more too long than too short. I just hate it when they get longer than, say, 30 episodes. Can't get myself to finish those.
Other than that... Hyouka had a sort of dissatisfying ending, but it was good that way. A second season would probably ruin it.

Fruits Basket, Skip Beat, Spice & Wolf, Full Metal Panic, Bokura Ga Ita, Toshokan Sensou,... I can go on forever TnT

Fruit basket and the wallflower. Like dang the manga is 150+ chapters i think, make a second season!!

ZANKYOU NO TERROR
and Space Dandy...
and it looks like Tokyo Ghoul is ending too...jeez.

Mekakucity Actors had too many plot skips with just twelve episodes. It definitely needed more episodes to explain itself.

I'm on mobile, so I'll have to wait until I get home to fix that grammar mistake. Sorry about that again.

Seconding Zankyou no Terror. The ending was well, but everything was so rushed? Especially since it's kinda clearly stated that there'll be no chance of second season. On the other hand, the rest have chances of getting second season so it's too soon to tell <:

Mekakucity Actors had too many plot skips with just twelve episodes. It definitely needed more episodes to explain itself.

I still haven't gotten around to watching Mekakucity Actors yet. Do you think it's worth a watch?

This! I really want to watch it again now... It makes me laugh so much everytime!

Also thought the Soul Eater anime was too short. I have no idea if they plan to do a season 2/remake more faithful to the manga, though. I don't think Soul Eater is that popular, which is a shame because it's actually very well written in my opinion and original.

Noucome and Corpse Party: Tortured souls. Noucome? just.. I want more :3 Its too good...
Corpse Party: Tortured souls was just.. well.. It was an adaptation to a bad ending of the game (Game is canon. they're loads of Corpse Party games, if I'm right, which I probably am not, the canon is Corpse Party, Corpse Party: Blood Covered (Repeated Fear), and Corpse Party: Blood Drive.) and it was only four episodes.. when someone is dead, you're just like "Yup, He just died." But in the game your like.. Ok, lemme use an example here. I won't say if they die or not in the anime/game, this is just for examples. "MOCHIDAAA! KISHINUMAAAAA!" or "SATOSHIIII! YOSHIKIIII!" If you're gonna use their first names. Not gonna say if they die or not, but being my favourite characters i'll use them in examples of stuff.
So in other words = Watch Noucome right now, it's actually not that short, I just want it to be longer.. wahh..

Last edited:
Noucome and Corpse Party: Tortured souls. Noucome? just.. I want more :3 Its too good...
Corpse Party: Tortured souls was just.. well.. It was an adaptation to a bad ending of the game (Game is canon. they're loads of Corpse Party games, if I'm right, which I probably am not, the canon is Corpse Party, Corpse Party: Blood Covered (Repeated Fear), and Corpse Party: Blood Drive.) and it was only four episodes.. when someone is dead, you're just like "waahh.." But in the game your like.. Ok, lemme use an example here. I won't say if they die or not in the anime/game, this is just for examples. "MOCHIDAAA! KISHINUMAAAAA!" or "SATOSHIIII! YOSHIKIIII!" If you're gonna use their first names. Not gonna say if they die or not, but being my favourite characters i'll use them in examples of stuff.
So in other words = Watch Noucome right now, it's actually not that short, I just want it to be longer.. wahh..

The Corpse Party anime felt way too rushed for that reason and it never developed any depth. I never ended up finishing it despite it being so short because I thought it was very boring compared to the game.

Back