• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Classygirl

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Lobo
Mint
November Birthstone (Topaz)
September Birthstone (Sapphire)
August Birthstone (Peridot)
April Birthstone (Diamond)
Spring Shamrock
Kapp'n Christmas Doll
Tasty Cake
January Birthstone (Garnet)
I need to learn to use ABD as I think many do, no names and this is not on any threads or VMs so is just a question in general. With inflation of TBT if I was pmd on a tier five wish lister for 50 TBT which seems like nothing but with what are worth now is that 2.5 mil and if so is that reasonable for a wanted t five. I don't know the politics of TBT here know I may need it to buy a villager, start a group one day and to exchange to build town, group only long from now if can ever earn enough don't us ABD so everyone sees what I have nothing hidden away.
I saw a high tier to for less than 200 TBT is 50 too much now or if I want him just do it even if t five, just getting opinions and is hypothetical situation.

You make the most unnecessarily long posts. Shorten up your sentences. From what I've seen, it's like 5 million per 100 TBT.

Last edited:
Well... the tier 5's should be higher than tier 1's. Since they are voided more so than the popular ones, they are considered "rare". Takes forever to find a tiger villager, but if you look for Marshal-then everyone has one to sell. Though in the game you have equal chances to get all villagers.

If you feel bad taking 50 TBTB for the villager, then suggest a lower price. If the person still gives you the full 50, then take it as a thank you for helping them get a dream villager of theirs.

Oh I was not the seller, it was just a question and I see your point as I did have a hard time finding Wendy and likely will with my t fives on wish list. Thank you Stina. As for the first poster my question was as long as her answer to me was. You are always only posting on my threads to criticize my writing, or length. I have an MA in English Lit I stated the situation and nothing more than my question. You also criticized me once for saying I was disabled on a thread, I have a rare genetic disease and not much time, you said don't use pity, I hate pity. I was trying to explain typos and such as I use talk to text at times.

If you can't read less than two paragraphs necessary or just post on my threads to criticize it is hurting my feelings I am shy, I am not perfect. I use this forum for game questions, friends, to help advise others and get advice and all are kind but you always follow me to say something is long. Then Stinas answer was long and most are but do not tell me to change who I am or stifle what I have to say, I have no issue with you. I want no trouble though so if you want to pop on all my threads and criticize I am a lady and will be nothing but kind I just won't respond and will carry on.

Sorry to rest of you for that, people here have been wonderful helpers and supporters to me and good friends. I like to feel welcome to share on off topic Brewster Boards, and help at train station by interacting, and ask and answer questions here. I am 30 and a writer if you do not like me skip my posts.

Question was answered, I see your point Stina, thank you for your kind opinion. You are right and I do feel it was worth it as some t fives are hard to find this one is up quite often is only reason wanted to know what someone else thought. And though I was buyer not seller your post was pretty much the same point made by the seller that I see the logic in. All is well I appreciate it.

Last edited:
I think the fair price is determined by the buyers, not the seller. What matters most is that both the buyer and the seller walk away from the deal content, regardless of whether the price is deemed fair from outside parties. It might have an impact overall if it's done publicly and other sellers notice, but the occasional rare deal isn't going to hurt anyone. :)

I don't think you should complain if you can buy one of the villagers you like for 50 BTB... A year ago it was a lot harder to get money (in-game bells), but everyone still had BTB. After all you get it just from posting. Marshal would have surely sold for like at least 3000 BTB or so? Nowadays it's sooo much easier to get stuff in-game... ;)

Also, I can hardly read what you are trying to say. :confused: Frankly, the way you build your sentences is terrible which makes many people give up on trying to read your posts. I almost ragequitted after three sentences of your first post. I'm just saying this because it's so much better for you and for everyone else if you proofread your posts and make sure that the sentences make sense... :)

Last edited:
This was private and has been done there is no public record and it was a hypothetical for opinions. Just to be clear.

- - - Post Merge - - -

My Marshall only went for bell equivalent 200 but I am not and was not complaining, I had a bad experience once not knowing conversion and was only asking opinion.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I do proofread, I go back and edit but is hard with my hands. I am not can not use a computer, it is a disability talk to text so punctuation and other things are hard to dictate I have to use my hands. It creates run on sentences. If my being disabled is so irritating to everyone then fine I feel bad enough about it already explained don't need it pointed out over and over to fix and edit I need my hands...sigh..Nevermind.

I think the fair price is determined by the buyers, not the seller. What matters most is that both the buyer and the seller walk away from the deal content, regardless of whether the price is deemed fair from outside parties. It might have an impact overall if it's done publicly and other sellers notice, but the occasional rare deal isn't going to hurt anyone. :)
This is a really good point. On this forum, the lower in tier a villager is, the less "common" they are in the market. Marshals are super costly but they're also everywhere, because there's a higher demand for him. Tier 5s do have a certain "rarity" to them because of this fact.

But because the demand for Tier 5s isn't as high, you may find that most sellers won't ask for a lot of BTB/bells from you. A Tier 5 villager becomes more valuable in a trading situation when they are being sought after; that creates a demand for them. It's really difficult to determine what a fair price would be for a Tier 5 because there's not really a popular economy for them. With Marshal, you can look at plenty of other trades/auctions/sellings/etc and compare prices to see what is the "average" amount people ask/pay for him(even though there is still a lot of leeway depending on the wants of individual buyers and sellers). With Tier 5 villagers, it really depends more on the individuals involved in the exchange and what they want.

From observation(although I've never been able to deal in BTB myself, I only ever really went on here to look for wishlist items and villagers, but I'm trying to post more frequently so I can accumulate BTB), 50 BTB would most likely be overpricing for a Tier 5 villager. In that hypothetical situation, and with the amount of BTB you have to spare, I would offer a slightly lower amount and only go up if there was a higher bidder and I wanted it more, or if the seller asked for more(although you should be careful because the seller could definitely extort you for an unfair amount of currency if they know how badly you want the villager).

Something off-topic that I feel is necessary and relevant: If you have actively tried to understand what a person is saying but you cannot, it is good manners to politely ask them to rephrase or clarify. If you still cannot understand them, walk away. It really is as simple as that. It is uncalled for to derail a thread to point out linguistic errors. Not everyone has perfect english or perfect communication abilities. It's not a big deal.

stop posting so long everyone noticed it, so stop

Last edited:
I am not trying to be rude, but you've complained about how people don't like the way you type before on other posts, and even in a message you sent me. I just think simplifying your posts might minimize typing complications and other posts commenting on your sentence structure, etc.

Please try to calm down and enjoy the game, and this forum. Really, I would ignore the comments and refrain from constantly explaining your situation. Kind and patient individuals won't need that, and those are the ones you want to deal with. :)

Now on to your topic; I do agree that there should be more information on here about TBT to game bell conversion and the such. I've also tried finding that information without much luck.

Last edited:
wow.... i've never seen such rude people in my life
Exactly what I was thinking.
And I'm pretty sure OP only brings up her condition so much not to get sympathy, but for people to understand her situation when it comes to typing and her posts/threads. I think that's really crappy for people to assume she just wants pity instead of understanding/patience.

Sigh...nevermind. My message was received so I'm just going to go ahead and remove it. BTW, I never mentioned anything about illiteracy. You were the one who complained (oh so many times & not just here) how people comment on your writing because of your situation. This thread is full of pity (pity for you) and assumptions (for those who did not show pity). If you don't want pity, why leave the thread in place?

Last edited:
The question was simple, it was 100 words. 3 sentences to explain and the question. I write how I write and always have I won awards for it I was trained that way while going for my Doctorate, I write as I speak, the machine is bad with adding punctuation last time will explain that. Run on sentences are going to happen. I am going to try to be as polite as possible here, I DO NOT want your sympathy and people who have been given a time frame really hate when those who do not understand just bc it is a part of me and my life that is the most hurtful thing can be said.
It is a fact of my life though, it is my life and effects all I do so sometimes I have to explain. I am well educated and if I could use the laptop right now it would be fine. I have an end stage disease, I don't want your pity, you could say you have red hair well I have a one in a million disease and can't work it's a part of me I am not ashamed of it. It forms my life every part so it is now a part of who I am, if I can go outside, eat, travel, type to your specification. You might say your job is such and such mine I guess is this, I am not explicit about it, to detail it would be inappropriate as it is...Nevermind, just don't attack me or say I want sympathy. I hate pity, to me it is a fact of life I am 30 based on opinion shouldn't be here still but I am and everyday is a blessing.

I will not change for you, and whoever says everybody I suppose must run the board so pm me about it if you find me at fault for disability. So far being wordy is just my personality, typos is the machine but I see not a one here so perhaps my language use is above simplistic and I can't dumb down I won't. I let it go and asked for no more comment on the machine errors such as run ons, it will happen. I have published work in academic journals used to teach college level Eng lit. I am wordy and verbose but that is part of me too. No you do not have to like me, it is how I speak and write disability aside so that is a personality clash then.

I do not want to talk about it anymore so please stop I beg you about the writing. As far as my illness I had to explain why I use a machine and can't hand edit, I am not bringing it up again, what I may have said to you in a pm shouldn't be public and I ask you speak not on what you know not, that is all. I am not bringing it up again. This is long, to end this. To educate and explain is only time mentioned in public. For you to bring it up again, just...please refrain, you do not know the circumstances and I am not sharing them. Just do not bring my illness into it, no one fighting to live wants to hear they want pity I don't we actually hate it.

Question was clear, the answer was as LNG as mine and second answer was what I needed. I said the purchase was done, asked a mod to close when I felt attacked. Yes this was long but the dictation is excellent, don't read it if you don't want to, mod I beg close this it is now making me uncomfortable and is no longer about T five pricing or the game at all.

Sadly the question of pricing on t fives could help many, especially as the chart changes so often and people go by it. If it had not turned into a slam me and I found the sympathy thing more offensive than all. I just want to be here and not be criticized anymore. My illness does not affect my mind, I can't use my laptop right now and formulate with punctuation like you ATM ok. Thanks for understanding. Long sentences and commas are used often in professional writing, that was my job. I will not comment further on either issue, if you want to keep it private please for respect sake so I don't have to defend myself out in the open this way. @Lav

- - - Post Merge - - -

Only once have I ever complained about my interaction here. I think you may have misunderstood and I am not easily offended.
I write long, ok...You want to enlighten me...I choose to believe I am enlightened enough but thank you. I wouldn't bring it up more than once if people got it the first time but I assumed the person was new didn't know and so explained. I only ask you do not make slander on me, I do not offend easy, my actual life shows this, I have been told people think I am long ok their point of view. Enlightening has nothing to do with it...you do not know me we had one trade which I found also inconsiderate but normally I do not offend unless well unless have been offended so maybe I am not the one needs enlightened. Please stop I obviously heard you.

- - - Post Merge - - -

My sentence structure and word usage is Doctorate level. Perhaps the issue is that I can not dumb down and won't as it is easiest for me to write as naturally as I speak. If you read my posts, there are no structural errors. A run on sentence is also interpretive. If commas are used, as such, this is a correct sentence. I taught essay writing, many here are not majored in writing and are high school level so I get that but I do not think it is cause to be rude. If you do not understand then do not answer.
I think it is more about me as a person so am not explaining anymore especially after Lav....all I can say is rail on me privately ok.

Saying you want to "enlighten" OP while writing exactly what others already have is pretty rude and condescending and completely unecessary. Many people here are being surprisingly mean.

I'm sorry for all the rude people, Classygirl. Please don't let it get to you!

As for TBT bells, conversion and prices are tough. I've often undersold or oversold something as a result and for things like pokemon and demo codes it can get even trickier, I think.

Wish there was an easier way to determine TBT worth!

Closing by request. Pretty sad to see how off topic this thread managed to go for just one small question.

If you don't have something nice or contributive to say then it's usually best not to say anything at all. People make do with what they have available and don't need to be constantly berated with unneeded criticisms all the time. If they aren't asking you for any then it really isn't constructive, only rude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back