Flower Glow Wand
Star Glow Wand
Red Pansy
Yellow Pansy
White Pansy
Father's Day Carnation
White Cosmos
Yellow Cosmos
Recently I have started a second town and I am doubting where to put the camp site. My first idea was to put it in the small area on the upper left (see the map below), but after heading there with Isabelle I am unsure whether it would look nice or not.

zlCfzSfoiCUHvmcHIn

The result is for you guys to critique:
faloniamap1_zpse2033810.jpg

faloniamap2_zpsd74321c5.jpg

My biggest concern is the lack of space and the train track behind it. There is no way I can cover it up with trees I think?, because it only leaves 1 square inbetween. So seeing the track right behind it, will it ruin the camping experience? I am kinda going for a foresty look and I really want to plant cedar trees next to it. Since these trees won't grow in the middle/lower part of the town, I do NOT want to place the camp where cedars can't grow.

So,
- What do you think of the spot I picked? Is it good/bad?
- (If bad,) which spot would be better in your opinion?

Please ignore villager houses, I do not plan on keeping any. Same with bridges. I might change the location in the future.

Any feedback/comment/critique is appreciated!

I agree with you about the rails and that there's maybe too little space. However, I think it's possible to maybe put the camping site a little bit lower. And maybe you could move the bridge on the west side to a different location, so your camping site won't be in the way of the walking path. But it's all depended on how much space you will have left after building the camping area.

Mapfalonia_zps55f38e16.png

The red ring is area imo will be nice for a campsite, and the gray squares are optional bridge locations depending on how the new campsite will use up the space in that area.

I think it's a good spot for a campsite! I tend to regret it if it's anywhere other than out of the way later on tbh, since most of the time it just sits there unused..
It's all up to you on landscaping around it but I personally don't mind the tracks in the background in terms of appearance; it isn't too bad once the trees are planted and flowers are put down.

I guess it would spoil the whole ~camping~ ambiance with train tracks right behind it, but for me at least it's a tiny detail. (not like anyone camping is going to mind it haha, but i can see how it would annoy some people)

I like the spot you initially chose, usually with little bands of land like this you can't really landscape so putting the campsite there would be nice in my opinion. And I don't really see where else you could put it, to be honest.

That's a nice map you got there!

Last edited:
I think that's a very good spot for the campsite (for me I like it being out of the way) but are you going to visit that area often? What I would do before building it is plan out that area eg. mark where the campsite would go and then figure out where you want the trees, flowers, and maybe other PWP's. It will give you a better idea of what it will look like when it's complete.

Thank you all for replying. I loved reading each thought!

I agree with you about the rails and that there's maybe too little space. However, I think it's possible to maybe put the camping site a little bit lower. And maybe you could move the bridge on the west side to a different location, so your camping site won't be in the way of the walking path. But it's all depended on how much space you will have left after building the camping area.

Mapfalonia_zps55f38e16.png

The red ring is area imo will be nice for a campsite, and the gray squares are optional bridge locations depending on how the new campsite will use up the space in that area.

I really wonder if the camp site won't be awkwardly close to the train station then, but I should definitely consider that! I will start my save later and see how much space there actually is :)

I think it's a good spot for a campsite! I tend to regret it if it's anywhere other than out of the way later on tbh, since most of the time it just sits there unused..
It's all up to you on landscaping around it but I personally don't mind the tracks in the background in terms of appearance; it isn't too bad once the trees are planted and flowers are put down.

I guess it would spoil the whole ~camping~ ambiance with train tracks right behind it, but for me at least it's a tiny detail. (not like anyone camping is going to mind it haha, but i can see how it would annoy some people)

You're right, it is better to have it out of the way. I am glad you think the train track isn't so bad ^^ I almost forgot about flowers, though! Bit ironic considering my siggy, but uhkay! :p

I like the spot you initially chose, usually with little bands of land like this you can't really landscape so putting the campsite there would be nice in my opinion. And I don't really see where else you could put it, to be honest.

That's a nice map you got there!

Thank you! :blush: regarding the little bands of land, that was exactly my concern. Ideally I would have loved some extra space to fit all the trees in there, but now it will require some extra efforts to make it happen.

Now that I think of it.. I could also lower the campsite to right below the river, somewhere near the current villager house (I believe Lucky lives there). I could move him out and have that area to myself. Then center the camp site, surround with cedars and continue the cedar-camp-environment above the river. There won't be anything special there other than more trees and more mushrooms. or maybe a log pwp?

Do you think that would be a better alternative? ;o

I think that's a very good spot for the campsite (for me I like it being out of the way) but are you going to visit that area often? What I would do before building it is plan out that area eg. mark where the campsite would go and then figure out where you want the trees, flowers, and maybe other PWP's. It will give you a better idea of what it will look like when it's complete.

Nah, I do not think I'll be visiting there often.. unless a camper is there of course. I was thinking I could peak from below the river to see if a tent is up or not. Preparing the area before building is a really good idea! I am currently working on it :) I dug 9 (3x3) holes and checked what space was left for decorations. If I acquire more saplings (and bushes?) it would give a pretty accurate impression of how it would look like. A better impression than what I have now atleast.

One thing you haven't mentioned is whether you are thinking of any other PWPs to go along with the campsite. If not, I'd go for the train track area, especially if you'll be over there to peek across the river so you don't miss any campers. But if you are thinking of adding a fire pit, picnic blanket or any other PWP you will want more space. Then I'd drop down below the river I think. Instead of holes to mark the spot, you could place patterns. The advantage is they would stay around longer while you are deciding:) Good luck!

Last edited:
One thing you haven't mentioned is whether you are thinking of any other PWPs to go along with the campsite. If not, I'd go for the train track area, especially if you'll be over there to peek across the river so you don't miss any campers. But if you are thinking of adding a fire pit, picnic blanket or any other PWP you will want more space. Then I'd drop down below the river I think. Instead of holes to mark the spot, you could place patterns. The advantage is they would stay around longer while you are deciding:) Good luck!

Thank you and you've got a good point there. The only pwp I would add is the log bench. Patterns are indeed better, thank you for suggesting it! I figured the holes disappeared the next day, so I see why you said it.

Back