• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What is the easiest way to catch and find a scorpion?

Cherry-Blossoms

Galactic
Bells
Hot Feather
Cool Feather
Glam Feather
Green Feather
Tomorrow is the last night to catch a scorpion until next July. I will be busy tomorrow night so I'm hoping to catch one tonight. Does anyone have any advice on catching them?

Scorpions in my town would generally spawn in the more open areas where there's mostly just grass.They seem to come from the surrounding trees and flowers.Try to sneak up behind them and if possible, don't take out your net until the last second.They'll attack if they see you first with your net out.

If you want to increase spawn rates I would recommend cutting down your trees (if you can/want to!). I did this to catch my tarantula and it definitely helped. :) Otherwise do a circle of your town and go in and out of a building to reset the insect spawns.

For catching the scorpion itself, just pull out your net and creep up on it slowly. Stand still if it gets angry and just be slow and careful!

Best of luck catching it. :)

It could take a very, very long time. Most people complain that it took them an hour or so to find one.I have spent several hours this weekend searching for one with no luck.

The cricket spawn rate in September makes this a bad month to find the scorpion. :(

Using your sound may help you find the scorpion. It makes a distinct clicking/rattling/hissing. Youtube provides examples.

Save and continue when you have gone through the town with no luck. It will reset the spawns. Going in and out of a building will do the same.

Have your net ready to hold with one action if you don't have it out already. The scorpions will run away fast if you scare them. They are prone to jumping off of cliffs or into the water. To avoid scaring off the scorpion (or getting bitten), walk slowly.

Holding the net while searching might actually be helpful, if you are relying on the sound. The scorpion might be silent, but not if you are threatening it with a net.

actually, you can still catch them. they come out at 7, so u have today and tomorrow.

- - - Post Merge - - -

and if they see u and your not ready, go into your pockets until it moves away, then charge at it quickly because, dang, those things move fast.

If you want to increase spawn rates I would recommend cutting down your trees (if you can/want to!). I did this to catch my tarantula and it definitely helped. :) Otherwise do a circle of your town and go in and out of a building to reset the insect spawns.

For catching the scorpion itself, just pull out your net and creep up on it slowly. Stand still if it gets angry and just be slow and careful!

Best of luck catching it. :)

I also cut down all of my trees to catch a scorpion and tarantula. It's a bit drastic, so I don't know if I can recommend it. But, it does help with the spawn rate as all tree bugs do not spawn - the air and ground bugs spawn more. Good luck! They are a pain...

Tarantulas were far worse for me than scorpions- although it probably only seemed that way since I was searching for a tarantula when I caught my scorpion.

Anyways- the best advice I can give is to do a lap in your town (slowly, no net out), make sure you're listening for the scorpion's scuttle, and then press Save+Continue once you finished a lap.

I was walking around near Francine's house and I saw one and I caught it. It wasn't hard at all.

Well, the spawn rate is different for everyone. It just seemed to come by easy for you, maybe francine left some cookies on the ground and the scorpion wanted to eat it. lol jk.

If it close to the cliff or river try moving back a little.
I found this out when one was about to jump into the river. So I just moved back a little and it started to move forward.
Step towards it and it tried to move to the river again. So I moved back and it slowly moved towards me.

One time a tarantula was on the edge of the cliff. I tried moving back and it just stayed there. It looked like it was frozen so I went for it and got it.

Using the headphones is helpful. I saw a scorpion speed behind me and it hide in the red flowers. It was too far away to get to it in time. It jumped into the river. If I had the headphones on I would have heard it right away.

Found that going about your daily routine is best. I try to catch fish or do tasks for the villagers. I drop a package at Ed house and came outside. Walked a few steps and a scorpion was on the pathway. Got it.

The one piece of advice that I don't see here is to use headphones. They do make a distinctive sound, and you probably will hear them before you see them. As soon as I put on the headphones I was finding them maybe twice as often - the sound was so much clearer. I was also drastic and cut trees in about half my town and cleared my flowers down to the beaches. I would reset by going into my station, loop through town and then repeat.

If I remember correctly they don't spawn in flowers, when I was looking for one in my town I had 98% of my town covered in flowers, trees, and bushes and left a big area open where they could spawn. If you have a lot of open ground you'll have to do laps and if you don't find one either enter a building and walk back out or click save and continue and do it all over again. The only downfall to having a lot of flowers is that they will walk throw them and it's really hard to find them.

They have a higher spawn rate if the time is 11pm.
My town has a lot of paths and trees, but I still manage to get scorpions spawn around various places.
If you can't find any scorpions/tarantulas, go inside a building then go out and try again.
I find that they tend to spawn near cliffs for me...must want to make a quick run from my net lol

Don't take too long to get yourself into the catching position, because trust me, they will run away/jump off a cliff. I usually just equip my net and walk straight at them, which surprisingly works.

Thanks guys! It turns out I have a bit of time to try and catch one tonight. I've been circling my town for half an hour but still no luck

Thanks guys! It turns out I have a bit of time to try and catch one tonight. I've been circling my town for half an hour but still no luck
Good luck! I appreciate finding out how you are doing. Sometimes we never know....

Back