• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Who and Why are your favorite Smugs

Classygirl

Bells
Lobo
Mint
November Birthstone (Topaz)
September Birthstone (Sapphire)
August Birthstone (Peridot)
April Birthstone (Diamond)
Spring Shamrock
Kapp'n Christmas Doll
Tasty Cake
January Birthstone (Garnet)
I took in Ed and he just is not clicking. If you guys would share who your favorite Smugs are and if you want why, it may help me as I haven't met many of them. I have heard good and bad things about many do not know much about Phil, if anyone has had him. This may help me and others. If you do not have an answer or want to share you are not obligated to, but for me it helps hearing from others in the community.
Thanks all.

O'Hare is my favorite smug. He is like a chocolate bunny and most cloths don't clash to bad with his color. He also wears a cool little hat. On your birthday and new years he gets to wear an amusing over sized party hat to hide it.

Last edited:
My favorite is obviously Eugene, as I will never shut up about him, heh.
He's just a smooth greaser with an interest in rock! He's also a sweetheart, as smugs go c:

Last edited:
I adore Lopez! He's really a sweetie and his house is pretty cool too!

oh pietro no doubt. his smug personality kind of brings out the creepy clown in him when he starts to get really nice and flirty. i love it, i love him lol

Before Marshal and before I had my own town, my favorite smug was Pietro who lived in my brother's town. I know he comes off as creepy to others since he is designed as a clown (I'm actually afraid of clowns too) and at first I was like, "wtf some creepy clown moved in". My brother never liked him but as I talked to him everyday he's actually really sweet and adorable. *^* I enjoyed him so much but my brother wanted to get rid of him so yea lol.

I'm definitely warming up to O'Hare. I liked his picture, but wavered a bit when I saw what his mouth looked like when talking. It's not terrible, but I wasn't expecting it to be that way. Eventually I just told myself he's filled with caramel and I don't mind it so much now. :) My sister has Tex, and if you like penguins he's a pretty solid pick. I haven't had a chance to see what he looks like outside of his default jacket, though.

I love sheep am glad to hear a non horrible Pietro story, and I didn't realize O'Hare had so many fans. This is helping. Plus it is just nice to see what others think. I haven't heard much about Phil this town has a few ostrich types but I haven't seen much of a fan base on him and do not want another Ed incident, not sure why it is not clicking it just isn't, it happened with Marshall too he was an accidental out and I pretty much gave him away but it may have been because I had Filbert and Pecan and he was my only other squirrel and I didn't have much time to know him or maybe a hype didn't live up to it for me. Eugene seems cool I also haven't seen him out of his picture though. Some Smugs are over the top, some depressing I would like to find one in between I had Lionel since start of game on main town but after so long just needed a change.

I've only ever had Keaton, Zell, and Lopez in my town. I like Lopez, but I prefer Zell. But I hate Keaton. I cannot stress how much I loathed Keaton. He was a neon blue eagle and he wore a tacky leopard print top and his house looked like the set of a disney channel teen beach movie. -__- Since him, I have learned not to talk to the Smugs so much.

Zell looks great in a black flannel jacket, and he kinda gives me a big city vibe based on his house's furniture, like he's a New Yorker or something. His smug dialogue doesn't seem as intimidating or forward because I like him more. In my mind, he's just a head-in-the-clouds romantic, and I always interpret his dialogue as him being a dreamer rather than him being unwantedly flirtatious and creepy(*cough* Keaton *cough*).

I don't know much about the other Smugs, though... The Smugs are my least favourite personality type, haha.

Last edited:
hands down o'hare! he's super adorable, I love his top hat, and he's just the cutest villager. he's my favorite!
plus when he says we need dancing, I love his little dance c:

My fav is Tex the penguin!!! He's been in my town since July 2013! He's such a homeboy in his blue letter jacket and his laid back design. I love his chubbiness and webbed feet, it cracks me up when he's happy and claps and his flippers, they can't quite meet over his belly <3 <3
I also had Keaton in my town for nearly 6 months, and he was awesome. He's got this awesome parrot design, and he brought a nice splash of colour to my town while he was here ^_^

I am a huge fan of O'Hare, I just love his little hat and eyes. He's too cute. I also really like Eugene the koala, he's so badass with his leather jacket. The first Smug villager I ever loved. I also really love Julian and Marshal n_n

I loved Klaus when I had him, and I'm rather sad I let him go. He was super cool and cute, and I loved his history theme.

I really like the Smug personality in general, I have't got to experience them all, but I've had Tex the penguin who was really great. I plan to get Jacques and Kidd, but there are several I like from their designs.

O'hare is not only my favourite smug, but one of my all-time favourite villagers!
When I was new to the forum, I heard all about dream villagers and wanted to find my own dream crew. So I went onto Google and fell in love with O'hare. He was my first ever dreamie, and he will always be one of my favourite villagers because of that!
I think his hat is extremely cute, and he is just cute in general. I thought his name was very cute and had a lot of character.

One day, he will kick Marshal's butt and claim top spot in tier 1.

Zell is my all-time favorite Smug, and Julian and Beardo are my second faves. I just like Zell more because I feel like his more interest, visually-appealing, and exotic-looking. I feel like they put a lot of thought and creativity into his design, and I really like that. I also feel like Zell reminds me of, like, a poetic art student for some reason. I like Julian because he just seems really fabulous and not afraid to be himself. Like I think Julian would be the official AC hipster villager. I like Beardo because the literary connection (Beardo=John Watson), and because he's just really sweet and nice.

I recently acquired Colton and he's been very entertaining so far.I recruited him from the campsite because I liked his blue eyes.

I liked Lionel when he was in my town. I liked his mustache. :3 But now I don't have any smug villagers in my town anymore. :'(

Back