• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Thoughts on Crankies

Butch is cute! I had him for a bit and he was adorable.
My favorite crankies are Static, Fang, and Octavian.

Crankies are the best! Tom is the cranky in my town and he's my favourite villager. Butch is cool, too.

Crankies are so funny! I love all of the crankies, actually. As long as they don't look like someone pooed on the floor.

Last edited:
In my town I've had Gruff (who I absolutely HATTTTTEEEEEDDD) and Bruce (who was basically my boyfriend). They have ok personalities, and creepy voices. It takes a while for them to become your friends, and they don't get super excited or happy about anything. I think that pretty much sums them up. It was annoying on Gruff, who was a jerk. But it was actually pretty good on Bruce, because he was such a laid back cool guy. Honestly, it made him kind of, um, for lack of a better word, sexy. XD

I had to let Bruce go, because I wanted another dreamie, and Bruce had been in my town since the beginning. But I literally cried, and felt like I was breaking up with a boyfriend. (Yeah, this post already passed creepy a long time ago lol)

So long story short, I recommend Bruce. :)

- - - Post Merge - - -

I just realized I made Bruce sound cold or mean or something. Once we became friends he was really sweet to me actually. Of all the villagers I ever had, he was the one that gave me the most pics. Seriously, I'd bring him ANYTHING, and he'd throw a pic at me. So I always felt loved by him. Plus he has a cute deer butt. Let's not forget that.

The crankies can be okay, but some of them are pretty cool. Like Apollo, Camofrog, Static etc. I don't care too much for Butch though.

I think Butch is an adorable cranky! If I we could have more villagers I would totally get him.

I am asking because if I have not had them or met them it is nice to get opinions from others especially on Smugs, I have a lot of trouble with them and there are many characters I have not encountered before so hearing from those who have before I get one and it doesn't fit as just has happened with Ed can be a plus.
If you do not have an opinion or just want to put me down for appreciating advice of others then just don't respond I have found my answer on this, am going to change it to Smugs asking who and why your favorite Smugs are may help me if it bothers you then I did not ask you specifically just those who wanted to help.
This board will not let you close because I do not want conflict will a mod please close it. Smugs will be a different board.

You can close your thread by going to the top and finding the option under administrative tools.

Last edited:
I am asking because if I have not had them or met them it is nice to get opinions from others especially on Smugs, I have a lot of trouble with them and there are many characters I have not encountered before so hearing from those who have before I get one and it doesn't fit as just has happened with Ed can be a plus.
If you do not have an opinion or just want to put me down for appreciating advice of others then just don't respond I have found my answer on this, am going to change it to Smugs asking who and why your favorite Smugs are may help me if it bothers you then I did not ask you specifically just those who wanted to help.
This board will not let you close because I do not want conflict will a mod please close it. Smugs will be a different board.

There was nothing wrong with you asking, and people do it all the time. You don't have to close the thread if you don't want to. Plenty of us answered and like to discuss these kinds of topics.

- - - Post Merge - - -

And in response to smugs, I love them. Right now I have Pietro, Marshal, and Julian. But I've also had Shep before. They are all absolutely lovely, and I'd recommend any of them. They really make you feel good about yourself for some reason. lol Maybe it's because they have a gentlemanly way of complimenting and flirting...IDK, I find them super charming. :)

Actually this forum requires a mod to do it, this board I mean. Train station, and others can be done by yourself this one, and yes I checked with a mod, needs them to close. However I decided not to close it as it is now on topic, people are sharing, helping one another and it is thriving even without me. So others are being helped and sharing. But thank you, that was long ago, I do not feel need to close it.

Back