• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

What's the last movie you've seen?

I just rewatched Disturbing Behavior because I initially couldn’t remember if I’d seen it. Now I realize why I forgot it…

Megamind-vs.-Doom-Syndicate-Trai.jpg

I watched Megamind Vs. The Doom Syndicate.Ya know,this wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.I actually kind of liked it and I consider myself to be a big fan of the original movie.I was hoping they'd do a proper sequel with the original cast(especially Will Ferrell)but I suppose this will have to do and....it kind of does.

Blood and Bone. This was an extremely obscure martial arts movie that was only on DVD. (probably found in bargain bins everywhere). I couldn't even find much about it online. But it found its way to netflix, so I watched it.

It was pretty fun. Clearly no Enter the Dragon or John Wick, but for a random watch I really liked it.

Rewatched the first 3 Kung Fu Panda movies before I decide to watch the 4th one

2nd is definitely my favorite of them so far. Lots of great story structure and character development. Also Lord Shen was always my favorite villain in the series.

It’s not Star Wars Episode VI, but it’s Dune 2, and I watched it in theaters. There are actually some minor similarities to Star Wars, but this post isn’t about that. The only problem is kind of a big one, which is that I never even watched the first one. The only reason we went is because my sister just rewatched the first movie yesterday since her spring break started. Even though she described what happened, I was confused at what was happening. I had a basic understanding, but they don’t really say the names of different groups and people very often, for example, I have no idea if the fundamentalists were on every side, or just one side, or if I wasn’t paying enough attention to realize that the answer was explained very well. The movie was still good. I was attached to characters enough to be scared when Paul comes pretty close to death. The only real issue I had with the movie was that it was almost 3 hours long. Besides that, it was good. I don’t even know how good of an adaptation and sequel it is.

About the actors, I immediately recognized that Paul was played by Timothée Chamalet, in other words, the guy that played Wonka. That obviously makes it kind of funny to see him swear, even if it only really happens once. And I also only realized after searching up that cast that one of the characters, Chani, is played by Zendaya. Yeah, that Zendaya. I actually didn’t realize while watching the movie.

Tremors. Seen it a couple times before, just felt like watching it again. Good movie!

The film adaptation of Street Fighter: The Movie: The Game.

I only previously knew it for this infamous meme...

...and the whole movie is completely inane and I love it. The performances are just so fun to watch.

I rewatched The Host the other night, I believe it was the first horror when COVID hit! Had to slow somes frames later in the movie to appreciate the "creature" of the movie, always love horror.

I might to watch Past Lives tonight, been more so in a sappy movie feel lately and want that emotional itch!!

i think it was the hunger games: the ballad of songbirds & snakes. i read the book beforehand, and two main things i wish they did in the movie were: 1) flesh out sejanus's character by providing context to why he made his impulsive decisions (wish his parents had more of a role in the movie) and 2) provide more build up / explanation for snow's thoughts before that final scene between him and lucy gray. i felt for sejanus in the book, but i didn't care much for him in the movie. and the movie ending felt very rushed left a lot to be desired. overall, the movie was still good and i liked the music!

I just rewatched Dune: Part One to refresh my memory for tomorrow when I take my Dad and his best bud to see Dune: Part 2! I can't wait!

I finally watched Star Wars: Return of the Jedi. The first thing I have to say is that I can’t agree with people who hate the Ewoks. I think people despise them so much for making the Stormtroopers look completely pathetic (by aiding in fighting them, and being a contributing factor to the Rebel Alliance destroying the Death Star), but still, look at this face and tell me you hate it.
1710181070625.png

But I think most people do anyway. Another thing about this movie is that there were some genuinely sad moments. Obviously, Yoda’s death was a little sad, but all the events after Darth Vader turns Luke in to Palpatine would have to be the saddest scenes of the movie. Luke is trying to fight against his hate and anger and urge to turn to the Dark Side, and when he does, Palpatine almost kills him before Darth Vader sacrifices himself to save Luke. Luke removing Darth Vader’s helmet while he says it’s too late for him is the saddest moment. I think the prequels will make that moment have even more effect. It becomes heartwarming at the end of the movie, when everyone is celebrating the Death Star’s second destruction, and Luke sees Obi Wan, Yoda, and now, Anakin. That was the perfect place to end the movie.

At first I thought this would be the weakest movie because I thought the fight scenes on Endor dragged on for too long, but no, this is the second best one. That makes the ranking for the original trilogy:

A New Hope - 8/10
Return of the Jedi - 8.5/10
The Empire Strikes Back- 9/10 (I know this isn’t the same one I gave it before, but I’m changing it anyway)

Now I have to mentally prepare myself for the prequels. Not because I think they’ll be terrible, but because I don’t think I want to watch them just yet and be closer to the sequels. Those are the ones I have no faith in.

aHR0cHM6Ly9leHBhdGNpbmVtYXByb2Qu.jpg

I watched Oppenheimer(2023).Overall it's a good movie but long and a bit talky and the cast is first rate with some great performances.I wish they had focused more on the development of the bomb rather than congressional hearings and such.Christopher Nolan certainly knows how to create an epic film but I get a sense of detachment when I see one of his movies,like I'm just observing something happening rather than really getting involved with what's going on in the film.I still find his movies to be at least interesting and sometimes fascinating nonetheless.

on friday night we watched Tokyo Godfathers, i really love Satoshi Kon movies and this was the only one i haven't seen yet, was a LOT different than his other ones

I watched Poor Things this afternoon! I wasn’t interested in it at all when it first came out, but after seeing all of the awards it won, I wanted to see what all the hype was about.

It’s definitely one of the strangest movies I’ve ever watched LOL, but it was still enjoyable! I understand why Emma Stone has won so many awards for her role as Bella Baxter now, as her acting really was incredible. I don’t really know how to explain my thoughts on the movie other than it was incredibly ****ed up pretty much the whole time, and pretty much all of the characters were all various shades of ****ed up, but Bella was still quite likeable and endearing, as was Harry, Martha and Toinette. Duncan, Dr. Godwin, Alfie and Max are all a massive 👎🏻, though. Bunch of sick weirdos they are.

Overall, Poor Things was a ****ed up yet still captivating twist on the classic “Frankenstein and his monster” trope. It’s left me with feelings of confusion, horror and sadness, but also hope that somehow, in spite of everything and in spite of the fact that she shouldn’t exist, Bella is able to build a life for herself where she’s happy, capable and independent, no longer controlled by anything or anyone. Victoria Blessington didn’t get to have that, but hopefully Bella Baxter will.

i watched saltburn not too long ago. i went into it not really knowing what it was about. the movie is beautifully shot. all the locations were gorgeous especially the mansion. i wasn't familiar with a lot of the actors in this movie outside of rosamund pike but their performances impressed me especially the actor for the main character oliver. the plot twist was predictable imo but i still found it thoroughly entertaining and a good ride all the way through. sometimes indulging in a toxic & insane relationship on screen is fun what can i say.

Shazam.

Generic superhero film which I had no reason to enjoy, but liked because my expectations were so low.

Same thing happened with Black Widow.

I’m back. And now I’m watching the prequels. Today I watched The Phantom Menace.

I think the prequels are pretty hated, but even now that people have started getting to warm up to them, this Episode I is still considered the weakest. Not just the weakest prequel, but the weakest Star Wars movie. But I actually thought this movie was good. I didn’t think the acting was that awful, and the dialogue was passable. Not even the angel scene was that bad, and it’s kind of cute how Anakin has a crush on someone older than him. At least he’s not talking about sand yet. Another thing I disagree with the popular opinion on is Jar Jar Binks. I don’t think he’s an amazing character, he might actually be the worst important character introduced in the movie, but that’s only because he adds the least to the story. If he was replaced by someone else and their species replaced the Gungans, almost nothing would change. He’s an okay character, but he doesn’t really have much plot relevance besides being the comic relief character. Which wasn’t really all that funny, but I thought it was kind of endearing. He definitely isn’t the worst Star Wars character, I’d say he’s just an early version of C-3PO. Dare I say I kind of… l-l-liked him? Anyway, I thought that I would hate this movie and love Attack of the Clones, but it might actually be the other way around. I don’t know what I would rate this movie in the grand scheme of things, so I’ll have to watch the rest.

Back