What's the last movie you've seen?

I saw the new Ghostbusters movie in the theater with my mom while enjoying a Slimer icee! I was afraid I wouldn’t be able to understand it because I haven’t seen any of the other movies. It was actually enjoyable and pretty easy to follow though!
Post automatically merged:

I watched two Disney films last night

Robin Hood 🏹 & Fox and the Hound 2 🦊
Aaaa I used to watch Fox and the Hound 2 all the time! I still remember these lyrics:
It’s lonely at the top!
When the lights go down and the cheerin’ stops
You got no real friends, no place to call home,
It’s all good doggie! No bone!

Star Wars Attack of the Clones. To address the two common criticisms of the movie:

- I didn’t think that Anakin was unbearably whiny. That might just be because I know how teenagers act. It was a little annoying sometimes, but he at least tolerable
- at first I was going to say that the romance felt obligatory, but it makes sense considering the story the prequels are trying to tell. It does start to feel forced when there’s around 30 minutes left of the movie

Actually, to be honest, this movie felt like a fever dream. I might have to rewatch it because when I watched it, it kind of just happened and now it’s just over. I think that it was very middle of the road, so it wasn’t really that good, but it wasn’t bad. 5/10

One thing I’m noticing is overuse of special effects. Before, they just used special effects when it was necessary or easier, but now they use it almost every set and scene.

watched anatomy of a fall on amazon prime a few days ago. not really my jam but i enjoyed watching it with my family nonetheless! i thought something was going to happen at the end but i really really misread the situation

more recently, watched the original mamma mia film on netflix. i'm an abba fan and i loved amanda seyfrieds' i have a dream but overall thought the plot was pretty weak

This is probably too old of a movie to talk about here with so many young people, but I watched Seven Samurai. Such a great Japanese movie by director Akira Kurosawa. If you don't mind old black and white movies with subtitles from the 1950's, it is a masterpiece of its time.

It influenced later remakes in the form of a couple of versions of Westerns, "The Magnificent Seven". Also very good movies.

I just finished watching Heavy Metal. I thought it was okay; It took me a while to understand the "plot" (didn't realize it was a compilation of short stories till halfway through) and there was a lot of violence and nudity for my liking. The soundtrack is good, though.

Devil in a Blue Dress.

Denzel Washington lead role. As always great acting from him. I didn't care for the plot. Followed the format of L.A Confidential but wasn't clicking and I was finding this convoluted.

Back