• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

What's the last movie you've seen?

The last movie i seen was mouse trap on paramount + i loved that movie when i was a kid and i watched it with my niece and she loved it too

Godzilla Minus One, was do good!! I'm still shaking from it. Japan does Godzilla well, and also gives depth and back story to the humans as well.

Not your typical monster movie, defently worth a watch. No wonder it is the most popular movie in our theatre right now 🦖🦖

*All of Us Strangers* was just another Sad Gay movie. It was pretty slow, very slow, but I appreciated the art style.

Other then that I wasn't into it. It became really predictable, and started to confuse me by the end. It was like two separate ideas coming together and it just didn't click for me.

I'm kinda getting tired of all the Gay movies I watch to have sad endings where the couple doesn't get together, dies, or decides to punish our hearts more by the love interest breaking the main character's heart. It's usually for a reason, but a happy ending it is not.

Same formula. Nothing new of a typical sad gay movie.

Why can't gay movies have happy endings like the BL I read. Those have happy endings, sure there is angst, hurt all that but the endings arnt like the ones like the above.

Why must it always be this same old sad path. I don't understand.

Last edited:
Why must it always be this same old sad path. I don't understand.
I can't say I've watched those movies, but if they all fall into that category maybe the director's are afraid to break away from that trope/predicable writing? It's like Anime with how only the main character is important and everyone else is just there to fill time and hold off the big bad until the hero arrives. Gets really old.

The Fnaf Movie
I really liked the references but I do agree with many people that it was kinda meh. Lingered a lot on plot that wasn’t very interesting and only had a few interesting scenes. Hopefully the sequel is better. Funny enough, I think my favourite part was the credit’s because of the song they used.

Just finished watching 2015's Mr. Holmes.

It was good. Heartrendingly sad in places, but I enjoyed it.

Beverly Hills Cop, because my dad wanted to watch something we’d both like. Eddie Murphy is hilarious, and he really gives his Axel F. character a great personality. I heard the two sequels aren’t as great, but I’m still interested in checking them out.

In the theater, the last movie I saw was Napoleon. I took my Dad because he is a history buff, which has rubbed off on me. It wasn't bad, but didn't do justice to Napoleon.

At home? I watched From Dusk Till Dawn. I haven't seen that in probably 20 or more years. The actors are great, but the special effects don't quite hold up. I still enjoyed it, but not like I did way back when.

After being repeatedly hounded to do so, I finally got around to watching Knives Out.

It was great. I can see why I was being hounded now. I'll probably watch the sequel sometime this week.

watched everything everywhere all at once last night. loved it!! the multiverse element was reallyyyy cool. super recommend !

I saw two movies recently, one Friday and one today.

First was *The Bee Keeper* I highly enjoyed it, Jason was at his highest point and he really made for a great equalizer movie with cool characters! Some sick action scenes, tense and a real thriller. I love playing Hitman with my friend, and it had a hitman feel. I'd highly recommend it to fans of Equalizer movies, action, and all that!!

Second was *Poor Things* which I was extremely nervous about because of warning from co-workers but I honestly loved it. I also didn't see the one scene that made me hesitant in it. As it's rating is 18a for mature subject matter. I found it really funny, enjoyable story and characters. So if you can handle mature scenes then I recommend it. It's quite a fun ride. But look at the discretion before hand!

(It was kinda funny because before Poor Things started, there was like a five minute Inside Out 2, preview/interview lol. It was unexpected to say the least lol. Maybe the movie is trying to attract a certain generation or some sort.)

jules-movie-review-2023.jpg

The cast of Jules(2023): Jane Curtin,Harriet Sanson Harris,Ben Kingsley and Jade Quon

I watched Jules,a movie about what happens to an elderly man when a spaceship crashes in his back yard.I was hoping this wasn't going to be another E.T. clone with senior citizens but I was pleasantly surprised that it was not.This film dealt with the way senor citizens are misunderstood and sometimes ignored and mistreated.After witnessing my mother attempting to deal with old age and being a bit of a geezer myself,I could really relate to what was happening to Milton(Ben Kingsley) in Jules.

I watched Team America: World Police (2004) for the first time ever. I had avoided it because I find the style of puppets creepy. But I appreciated the story and it was interesting to watch it 20 years after it was made and seeing how remarkably similar global conflicts and political issues have always been. The main difference between then and now is the internet and especially social media.

In theaters I watched The Zone of Interest and then The Iron Claw back to back, and last week at home I watched Aftersun! They were all really good but now I'm emotionally exhausted

my friend and i went to see night swim a while ago with the expectation that it would be so bad it was funny, but instead it was just bad. don't go to see night swim.

Lilo & Stitch 🐨💖 it's such a great movie. Before that I saw Tarzan, and I was thiiiis close to watching The Emperor's New Groove for like the billionth time lol it's always so hard to resist. It's a really fun movie.

Back