What's the last movie you've seen?

the suicide squad on netflix a few days ago, and liar liar tonight on tv. i’ve seen both movies before, but they’re two of my favourites so i don’t mind rewatching 🖤 liar liar is the perfect combination of absurd, hilarious, and heart-warming, and margot robbie and joel kinnaman are my beloveds in tss 🖤 i enjoyed the 2016 version a lot, but 2021’s just hits different

I have family visiting, so we watched Evil Dead Rise. I don't much like horror films, so it's not a shock that this one didn't really appeal to me. But otherwise it was fine.

watched Drive with my friends, it's like my 3rd time watching it but my friend group hadn't seen it. it gets really crazy in like the last half of the movie and it always gets people to go "huh? wuh?" which tickles me. we've been watching various Ryan gosling movies in preparation for Barbie and have been making as many "he's literally me" jokes as possible

Anyways good movie

Just saw Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark after who knows how long. We're gonna continue the journey and watch Indiana Jones 2.

Padak 😵

It was intetesting, pretty good but uh. It was different and I like movies that stand out. The music/songs were amazing, I added some to my playlist.

Plus the Eel was voiced by a dude from Mystic Messanger, which I played alot in highschool xD and that boy can sing, let me tell you.

But its a good movie, not for the faint of heart. But its really unique, and it takes surprising turns. Really good.

Recommended. But make sure you look it up first.

On last Friday's episode of The Last Drive-In with Joe Bob Briggs, I watched Dark Night of the Scarecrow (released in 1981, written and directed by Frank De Felitta) and Beyond the Door III (released in 1989, directed by Jeff Kwitny). I'd previously heard of Dark Night of the Scarecrow but had never seen either of these movies before. Dark Night of the Scarecrow was good, probably something I'll add to some future October horror marathons since it would fit that Autumn mood. Beyond the Door III was okay but awkward. It had some fun kills and special effects though. Didn't love or hate it, had a good enough time with it.

Yesterday for the Fourth of July I revisited one of my favorite movies The Return of the Living Dead (released in 1985, directed by Dan O'Bannon) since it's set on July 3rd and, briefly, on July 4th. Nothing to do with the holiday aside from a passing mention of the Fourth of July weekend, but hey, any excuse to watch a favorite. I also decided to check out Martin Scorsese's 1991 adaptation of Cape Fear since it's also loosely associated with the Fourth of July since there's mention of it and there's a scene featuring a Fourth of July parade as well as a scene with fireworks. I'd never seen either version of Cape Fear before but knew the general gist of the plot and the character of Max Cady through cultural osmosis. Good movie. I opted for Scorsese's version over the original from 1962 since I'd been told it's better, but opinions being subjective, I'm thinking about checking out the 1962 version tomorrow or sometime soon so I can compare and see for myself which I prefer.

The Taking of Deborah Logan

This movie was SO GOOD. It’s a story about a woman who has Alzheimer’s Disease, and how the disease gets worse. She then gets possessed (kind of) and then does questionable things, though she’s finally stopped and the possession ends.

Yesterday's episode of The Last Drive-In with Joe Bob Briggs was Animation Night and featured Phil Tippett's 2021 stop-motion movie Mad God followed by the late Satoshi Kon's 1997 classic Perfect Blue. I'd heard of Mad God before but hadn't seen it prior. It's a cool, strange movie that wouldn't be for everyone; ugly, gritty, no dialogue, stylistic. I thought it was neat. Perfect Blue is also great. Good double feature.

The last movie I watched was Insidious; The Other side of the red door or something like that, the latest and last installment of the franchise. I really enjoyed it, there were some good jump scares.. I liked how they ended the series and it wasn't like a lame ending. There was some cheesy parts but I'm okay with a little cheese.

Watched Avengers: Infinity War last night because I had never seen it before. It was okay, but I didn't think it was that groundbreaking or anything. Regardless, I plan on watching Avengers: Endgame next time I get time to watch a movie.

My boyfriend and I and his friends and his friend's friends and saw Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind (well, most of it. Missed the first few minutes, but that's ok!)

deliveryService.jpg

I watched Yankee Doodle Dandy(1942) in its entirety for the first time.It's the story of singer/songwriter/dancer/writer/producer George M. Cohan who was famous for his patriotic Broadway shows.James Cagney stars as Cohan and he delivered an Oscar winning performance.I was used to seeing him in gangster movies and I didn't realize that he was such a good dancer.This is one of the few black and white movies that I wish was shot in color because the stage shows are such elaborate productions.

I watched the new spider-verse with my bb brother in theatres <3 I don't rlly watch movies like that so had no clue there was a movie before it, so was kind of confused. But the colors/visuals??!? were AMAZING. I'm going to rent the 1st movie soon so I can understand haha.

i saw mission impossible dead reckoning in theaters yesterday. it was good, just a little too loud.

Back